Page 143 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 43931331391401411421431441451461471531932436431143 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the first two unleashed quite a lot of complains, actually. Heimdall probably more than Mordu, because of Norse religions and the kind of peoples who now comprise the majority of peoples who adheres to Heathenry or pretends to care about Scandinavian roots. But even Mordru had some backlash, back in the day.
    And let's not forget what happened when Michael B. Jordan was cast as the Human Torch in the travesty that was Fan4stic.

People disliking the decision to racebend certain characters is nothing new and not something that only applies to Black Canary.

I was talking about this part of skyvolt's comment.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because what good is Dinah being black in a movie? She's not going to change her race in the comics. It's not going to boost her up because she's not the same as the comic version.

I am aware of the backlash that Hiemdall and Mordu's actors faced but I don't recall anyone complaining that it wouldn't boost their comic counterpart's sales or change their races.

There is the legitimate question that if they wanted a Black Character in this "Birds of Prey Movie that is actually a Harley Quinn vehicle" then they may as well have added Vixen or any other female black character since they've already admitted their not really making a Birds of Prey movie, just looking for a way to sell Margot Robbies Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Its lousy that he did not got the chance to do a solo Batman movie but I do hope they will have him do it for at least one last time for some passing the torch moment. After all its not like he played some minor supporting character in the DC connected movie universe.

Oooh, sounds like Harley Oversaturation is going to happen to the movies as well as the comics.

Astonishing Member

I guess making a Suicide Squad movie without Harley Quinn is a bit like making a Justice League film without Batman in it. Or an X-Men movie without Wolverine: Losing either MVP character means losing a big chunk of the draw for your film. I wouldn’t be surprised if Warners gave Gunn permission to do whatever he wanted but stipulated that he has to put Harley in there. Money talks, so it makes sense.

I’m indifferent toward this news.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-16-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Imagine not reading monthly comics for about 18 yrs and learning that this Harley Quinn character that I remember from the animated Batman is a major player ! Lol!! I had no idea.

Guess it's not going to be that much of a reboot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    She speaks with an accent too.
    Grey Griffin's just using her Donna voice .

Also confirms that Superman has been put on a shelf and WB will be concentrating on Supergirl as the Kryptonian of the movies.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 02-16-2019 at 11:13 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Also confirms that Superman has been put on a shelf and WB will be concentrating on Supergirl as the Kryptonian of the movies.
    Well! That just sucks.Supergirl is in no way a replacement for Superman-Clark Kent. Then again, i don't particularly care for the universe anymore except for Shazam.So, good for the supergirl fans. As long as they don't introduce a Superman just to put over supergirl.And keep telling us Why she is so much better than Clark. I am alright with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They need to have Cavill at least make a cameo. They can’t make a Supergirl movie and disregard Superman’s existence.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They need to have Cavill at least make a cameo. They can’t make a Supergirl movie and disregard Superman’s existence.
    They shouldn't, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

This whole Supergirl situation just keeps reminding me of how much WB has bungled the Superman brand on-screen to the point where they start banking on a spinoff character instead of the Big Blue himself .

And I say that as someone who loves Supergirl.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guess it's not going to be that much of a reboot...

Grey Griffin's just using her Donna voice .
    Sounds like it’s more of a relaunch than a reboot

Hahaha, I've been gas lighting people for years claiming that Supergirl preceded Superman and now, soon we're going to meme reality to mimic my lies! Supergirl is now more popular than Superman and soon she will become the original refugee from Krypton!!!!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut