Page 168 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 681181581641651661671681691701711721782182686681168 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 20948
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess if you're going to do a Black Adam movie, you may as well base it off the only Black Adam series .
    Considering the goal is to have more stand-alone films, I am not surprised about this.

Any ideas on what it means for the DCEU that Gunn's Suicide Squad is a total reboot according to Producer?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Any ideas on what it means for the DCEU that Gunn's Suicide Squad is a total reboot according to Producer?
    Considering how little SS interacted with the DCEU, not much.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Considering how little SS interacted with the DCEU, not much.
    Both Bats and Flash appeared in it and Waller's excuse to form the squad was directly linked to Superman.

Both Bats and Flash appeared in it and Waller's excuse to form the squad was directly linked to Superman.
    In such an overly generic way its irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I doubt it. It's Batman, a character known for a darker and more mature tone. Plus Reeves isn't known for comedy. My guess is that the tone for each film will finally start matching the character
    Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I thought that the next Batman movie will have a more noir tone to it, with a New York circa 1970s vibe to it.
    I am guessing that The Batman will have a similar tone to Reeves Planet of the Apes movie with Batman in the role of Caesar. This isn't a criticism or me making fun of it. But in some ways Batman and Caesar have
    some things in common. Champion of the oppressed, see wrongs and want takes action against them. Now obviously Batman isn't going to lead a huge army against the villains. But no doubt there will be combat
    scenes. And most likely a little humor thrown in, in the style of irony and nods to previous movies.

Batman is known for having a darker a tone anyway, and his most successful films have been known for being darker. I'm sure WB recognizes this. The difference with the initial DCEU movies like Man of Steel and BVS not reaching studio expectations is that Superman is a character not generally thought of as being dark, which is similar for the Flash, which is likely why they're wary of that sort of take.

Of course, a lot of it is overreaction on their part since it assumes the reason so many people disliked BVS was because it was dark and not that maybe the movie just legitimately had a bunch of problems from top to bottom that would've hurt it regardless of whether or not Superman smiled or cracked a joke during it.

I think producers are using the word "reboot" differently than comic book fans understand. For them, reboot means a new approach, i.e. different characters in a new situation. We've seen the X-Men films reboot and yet remain in the same continuity. For comic book fans "reboot" means a new continuity.

I don't think that's what's happening with The Suicide Squad, especially since Viola Davis and Margot Robbie are rumored to be on board. Also, you need a specific team for a specific mission, so Harley may only have a bit role and Boomer and Croc may not be needed at all.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"Don’t know if this legit, but we are thinking it’s a placeholder logo, possible for CinemaCon in the coming weeks"

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...24490121560064

"Here’s the (rumored) temporary Batman logo! If it’s used in the suit, the font and coloring will change, but the outline will remain the same or close to it."

"Took down my Batman update tweet because I came upon new info. The logo I received for The Batman seems to be legit; if it is, it’s just a temporary placeholder one they’re using internally to put on various pieces of concept art in such. Cross between OG B:TAS and Telltale logo."

https://twitter.com/thomasp0003/stat...15289823596544
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-17-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

"Don’t know if this legit, but we are thinking it’s a placeholder logo, possible for CinemaCon in the coming weeks"

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...24490121560064

"Here’s the (rumored) temporary Batman logo! If it’s used in the suit, the font and coloring will change, but the outline will remain the same or close to it."

"Took down my Batman update tweet because I came upon new info. The logo I received for The Batman seems to be legit; if it is, it’s just a temporary placeholder one they’re using internally to put on various pieces of concept art in such. Cross between OG B:TAS and Telltale logo."

https://twitter.com/thomasp0003/stat...15289823596544
    The logo looks pretty similar to Affleck's, design-wise.

The logo looks pretty similar to Affleck's, design-wise.
    It doesn't really have a head on it.

If it is real, it's probably a placeholder.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It doesn't really have a head on it.

If it is real, it's probably a placeholder.
    Well, it's a little, itty bitty, head .

Well, it's a little, itty bitty, head .
    It's more ears than head lol.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's more ears than head lol.
    So was Batfleck’s

Astonishing Member

I’m curious what a 1930’s depression era Batman period piece movie would be like.

And it would be amusing(to me) and risky if the entire movie was in black & white instead of color as a homage to the era.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 03-17-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.