Page 232 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1321822222282292302312322332342352362422823327321232 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On the one hand I can understand after how Cavill's Superman petered out they aren't in a rush to do Superman again, but on the other hand I don't think it's good for the property to continually get snubbed or left in the dust cinematically.
    Agreed, it's in the best interest of WB to do Superman right. Such a beloved iconic character still that could be bigger in the right hands.

Whether Cavill is "done" or "not done" as Superman seems like a moot point since there are no current plans for a Man of Steel 2 OR a Justice League 2. With all the reported DC movies in development, none of them are properties that would call for Superman except maybe Supergirl. (And Supergirl is reportedly going to be set in the 70's, which again rules out Superman).

Do we seriously think WB never want to do another JL movie? I can't believe they don't consider it if things go well with the next few DC movies. I'm sure they'd love the $..

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Do we seriously think WB never want to do another JL movie? I can't believe they don't consider it if things go well with the next few DC movies. I'm sure they'd love the $..
    I think they'll probably do another Justice League but probably not anytime soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I would like to see a proper Justice League film and not whatever the heck we got in November 2017.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Can Marvel Studios just buy the rights to Superman already?!?

No Disney Superman. I think it's one of those things where for what it's worth I will choose "the devil you know".
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-07-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Can Marvel Studios just buy the rights to Superman already?!?
    Didn't the Russo's say once they didn't know how to handle someone with a Superman-level powerset?

I think its time to retire Superman already. Its clear his fan base just can't be appeased and Supergirl is just all around a superior character at this point.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It isn't a matter of recasting or doubling down, because neither is going to get a better Superman out faster because WB aren't sure they want to do another Superman movie. Which as a fan, really sucks. Here's hoping the animation side gives me some good Superman stuff next year (there's Red Son rumors, that's something).
    I don't care if it's fast or not, I just care about quality.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Didn't the Russo's say once they didn't know how to handle someone with a Superman-level powerset?
    They may not know how to handle the power-set but they know how to handle the heart of a Superman type.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I think its time to retire Superman already. Its clear his fan base just can't be appeased and Supergirl is just all around a superior character at this point.
    I don't think it's impossible to appease Superman's fan base. You just have to make the attempt and really get at the heart of the character.

Supergirl embodies Superman's best traits so I don't see how she is superior, and I love Supergirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    They may not know how to handle the power-set but they know how to handle the heart of a Superman type.
    Well, yeah, they did direct Captain America .

I don't think it's impossible to appease Superman's fan base. You just have to make the attempt and really get at the heart of the character.

Supergirl embodies Superman's best traits so I don't see how she is superior, and I love Supergirl.

Well, yeah, they did direct Captain America .
    Though personally I would really like to see Joe Johnston take on Superman. I really love CA: The First Avenger and would love to see that same kind of care put into Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Though personally I would really like to see Joe Johnston take on Superman. I really love CA: The First Avenger and would love to see that same kind of care put into Superman.
    Would not mind that either .

Is there a reason why the WB never officially labeled the DC cinematic universe? From what I've read, "DC Extended Universe" was coined as a joke by an Entertainment Weekly writer and was never official or used internally, and "Worlds of DC" was just the name of their panel at SDCC last year and hasn't been seen since. I know they're currently apprehensive of creating a connected universe due to the collapse of Snyder's work, but even back then, I'm surprised they didn't make anything official for branding reasons.