Page 380 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2803303703763773783793803813823833843904304808801380 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 20948

I wonder how stuff like this works, as it's highly likely that Leto originally signed on for eventual sequels and the like. Will WB have to buy him out of his contract, or is there some force majeure clause they can claim here?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

They may have to buy him out but there also may be some expiration clause. They came close to losing Miller recently because it'd been several years with no Flash movie in the works.

I wonder how many MCU contracts have run out. They seem to sign people up for multiple films even when they don't end up using them for. Just ask Tim Roth (Abomination) .

Also I think we can safely assume that Harley and Joker flick that we heard about in 2017 ain't happening.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...direct-1032210

Or at least with a recast if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Also I think we can safely assume that Harley and Joker flick that we heard about in 2017 ain't happening.

I think it's been replaced by a Gotham City Sirens movie if the rumors hold true.

I get that Jared Leto might be upset but its pretty rare for the same villain to appear in more CBM. I imagine Leto was offered more roles in an attempt to reverse this trend, essentially to set up a Joker for future films to use, but considering WB likely never had this sort of rigidness this was always going to end poorly.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-19-2019 at 11:43 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Hopefully they realized that keeping Joker and Harley together would be pretty toxic and could ruin Harley’s mainstream marketability. He regularly physically and mentally abuses her and she suffers from battered spouse syndrome. Not something you want one of your biggest money making characters to be associated with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how many MCU contracts have run out. They seem to sign people up for multiple films even when they don't end up using them for. Just ask Tim Roth (Abomination) .
    Thats the big difference. With the MCU you have to wonder and research if you want to know. And even then its "meh". Dr Banner, yeah. Had 3 actors. Or two if one excludes the origin. The origin kind of ends where the MCU Hulk starts; but gets retconned a bit. But as with Abomination its the CGI creature thats the major impact. Otherwise they stood with their main cast even when ppl where not all thrilled or the movie did not rolled in 1 billion + (which AFAIK most MCU movies did not).

With DCEU the mishandling of their heroes (or villains in Letos Joker case) and the disregard towards the actors playing them is staring in everybodys face.

Suicide Squad Joker was legitimately one of the worst characters I've ever seen in a comic book movie. WTF was that interpretation of Joker.

It sucks bc Joker has really had a fantastic run onscreen. Romero, Nicholson, Ledger, and Phoenix all have had different takes on the character but were all great. Leto sticks out like a sore thumb in that group

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Leto won an Oscar if I remember well. You can blame the director and WB. Again.
    Then again Halle Berry has won an Oscar or two. Just because someone is a good actor doesn't mean they can save a terrible script.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Miller is part of the delay of his own movie.
    Supposedly they were ready to start shooting The Flash movie in February of this year and Miller wanted to do and then wrote his own script because he didn't like the one he was given.
    So yet another set of directors bailed. Now it appears WB doesn't want Ezra's script so a whole new script will need to be written.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Suicide Squad Joker was legitimately one of the worst characters I've ever seen in a comic book movie. WTF was that interpretation of Joker.

It sucks bc Joker has really had a fantastic run onscreen. Romero, Nicholson, Ledger, and Phoenix all have had different takes on the character but were all great. Leto sticks out like a sore thumb in that group
    No, that dis-honor goes to Halle Berry's Catwoman. At least Leto bore a vague resemblance to the Joker. Even her costume was terrible.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Then again Halle Berry has won an Oscar or two. Just because someone is a good actor doesn't mean they can save a terrible script.
    Sometimes a good actor just can't handle certain roles regardless of the script or direction, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Sometimes a good actor just can't handle certain roles regardless of the script or direction, too.
    I kind of get the idea no actor could have salvaged Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman. But I think if Leto's Joker would have been the villain instead of Empress he would have gone over better.
    People would have been more forgiving if he were an actual threat instead of being a lovesick puppy for Harley Quinn. Part of the disappointment was he served no useful purpose in the movie.
    From the promotions a lot of people thought the movie would in fact be about Joker vs Suicide Squad. It wasn't so they took their frustrations out on Leto.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Most comic book characters will never see any memorable takes on their character though. This sounds to me like a non-issue in the grand scheme of things.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

It is disappointing that DC has two of the most iconic villains in all of comicdom and managed to **** the bed with both of them in the same year. At least they quickly redeemed Joker with the new movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Supposedly they were ready to start shooting The Flash movie in February of this year and Miller wanted to do and then wrote his own script because he didn't like the one he was given.
    So yet another set of directors bailed. Now it appears WB doesn't want Ezra's script so a whole new script will need to be written.
    The Birds of Prey writer Christina Hodson is supposedly still working on the script currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Hopefully they realized that keeping Joker and Harley together would be pretty toxic and could ruin Harley’s mainstream marketability. He regularly physically and mentally abuses her and she suffers from battered spouse syndrome. Not something you want one of your biggest money making characters to be associated with.
    I mean, on-paper that sounds accurate, but it didn't really hurt her character before when it was such a major part of her character then it is now.