Page 125 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 25751151211221231241251261271281291351752256251125 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I don't think Hollywood is developing enough younger actors and actresses that can fill out the DCEU and MCU roster of heroes and villains. Eventually they have to cast a bunch of less famous young people like what X-Men Apocalypse did.
    Streaming services seem to be where all the young, up and coming actors are coming from.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I'm hoping we see more of the actual Bat family; Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl etc. When they first announced Affleck I thought that was what they might be building to since he was a bit older. I'm not interested in seeing a 20 something Batman with no sidekicks again.
    It would also be a good way of differentiating between Bale's Batman (and I guess Affleck's since we never really got to see his Batfamily).

Astonishing Member

It will never cease to be strange to me that they started Batman off as a old as he did in a shared universe. That’s one of the reasons I thought Affleck was such a wrong casting choice not because I didn’t think he fit the part but it’s because I felt he was simply too old and they should’ve gone with a younger actor to match Henry Cavil since I’ve awakes imagine Batman and Superman to be around the same age(though Batman is slightly older). It’s strange to go with the creative choice of a Batman who’s at the end of his rope at the start of your cinematic universe with a young Superman.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-01-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It will never cease to be strange to me that they started Batman off as a old as he did in a shared universe.
    I don't think it was strange...Snyder was obviously going for a very Frank Miller-inspired Batman and wanted an older, grizzled, and more experienced Batman to contend with Superman.

Maybe it limited that Batman's franchise and shared universe capacity but I don't think that's what Snyder was thinking of at the time.

It will never cease to be strange to me that they started Batman off as a old as he did in a shared universe. That’s one of the reasons I thought Affleck was such a wrong casting choice not because I didn’t think he fit the part but it’s because I felt he was simply too old and they should’ve gone with a younger actor to match Henry Cavil since I’ve awakes imagine Batman and Superman to be around the same age(though Batman is slightly older). It’s strange to go with the creative choice of a Batman who’s at the end of his rope at the start of your cinematic universe with a young Superman.
    It will never cease to be strange to me that people think 44 is too old to play Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it was strange...Snyder was obviously going for a very Frank Miller-inspired Batman and wanted an older, grizzled, and more experienced Batman to contend with Superman.

Maybe it limited that Batman's franchise and shared universe capacity but I don't think that's what Snyder was thinking of at the time.
    I’m aware of the intention but it struck me as an odd place to start the character off especially in the shared universe. I guess I’m always more used to the idea of Batman and Superman being around the same age.

- Charles Schultz.

Affleck was the perfect Batman...too bad, we didn't get too see much of him. Hopefully they can get someone who can portray Batman on screen well (I am excited about Miller's comments about emphasizing the detective aspects of it - definitely need to see more of that on screen). Maybe the story is in the likes of Long Halloween, which would be nice.

Hopefully WB doesn't meddle and screw things up like they have done in the past.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member

I’m fine with a Batman who isn’t a super tall dude. It doesn’t have to be another six foot something guy.

- Charles Schultz.

I’m aware of the intention but it struck me as an odd place to start the character off especially in the shared universe. I guess I’m always more used to the idea of Batman and Superman being around the same age.
    The original concept that Snyder had was not for a shared universe, though. At least not in the MCU vein. He had a 5-film plan, with room for spinoffs, and Batman was going to die in a Justice League sequel. Everyone's mileage will vary on how they feel about that idea, but that is why Snyder wanted a TDKR-inspired version / older actor for the part. Affleck wasn't intended to be Batman for the next decade or anything like that in a regular shared universe.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    The original concept that Snyder had was not for a shared universe, though. At least not in the MCU vein. He had a 5-film plan, with room for spinoffs, and Batman was going to die in a Justice League sequel. Everyone's mileage will vary on how they feel about that idea, but that is why Snyder wanted a TDKR-inspired version / older actor for the part. Affleck wasn't intended to be Batman for the next decade or anything like that in a regular shared universe.
    In other words? If WB had allowed Snyder to make his five movies the way he wanted to, they would've had a coherent series of movies with a clear vision. The seeds of an MCU-esque universe would've been planted, the audience would've experienced something they'd never experienced before (watching Batman legit die in a movie,) and the DCEU would've been all set to start from a unique perspective: the idea of the universe having to move on after the death of a major hero.

Sounds like it would've been a Hell of a ride to me, and once again the real blame for the DCEU's turmoil can be laid at the feet of the studio executives who listened to Snyder's pitch, said "Yeah, go for it!" only to balk and say "Wait! Change ALL THE THINGS!" after the plan was already underway.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman are the two most unquestioned hits of the DCEU. What do they both have in common? The studio at least largely stayed out of the director's way and didn't make them derail their plans halfway through.

Coincidence? I think not.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 02-01-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

More Snyder Cut details from Kevin Smith

https://youtu.be/gHjkrNzj7sI

We all have our take on him but I think it sounds epic.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I'm hoping we see more of the actual Bat family; Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl etc. When they first announced Affleck I thought that was what they might be building to since he was a bit older. I'm not interested in seeing a 20 something Batman with no sidekicks again.
    With such a young Batman it will be tough to have much of a Batman family.

I'm even wondering if they will go the Batman/Batgirl romance route given how the Batgirl movie is progressing along as well and they want a young Batman. They seem to be the only two Batman family members they are focusing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    I'll never understand how a generational moniker has now been confused or used as a synonym for "younger person." The oldest millennials are now 37 years old. While the youngest millennials are either finishing high school or already in college. The millennial generation, like the boomer generation, is one that is comprised of 20 years of births. Big range. So not only are we all but guaranteed that Batman will be a millennial, you already saw a millennial Superman and Wonder Woman.
    I can't tell you how happy it makes me to just make it into the Generation-X group.

Affleck was a good Batman but it's sad he's the Cinematic equivalent of the On-Star Batman since he never got to get his own film.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    In other words? If WB had allowed Snyder to make his five movies the way he wanted to, they would've had a coherent series of movies with a clear vision. The seeds of an MCU-esque universe would've been planted, the audience would've experienced something they'd never experienced before (watching Batman legit die in a movie,) and the DCEU would've been all set to start from a unique perspective: the idea of the universe having to move on after the death of a major hero.

Sounds like it would've been a Hell of a ride to me, and once again the real blame for the DCEU's turmoil can be laid at the feet of the studio executives who listened to Snyder's pitch, said "Yeah, go for it!" only to balk and say "Wait! Change ALL THE THINGS!" after the plan was already underway.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman are the two most unquestioned hits of the DCEU. What do they both have in common? The studio at least largely stayed out of the director's way and didn't make them derail their plans halfway through.

Coincidence? I think not.
    Man of Steel was not heavily messed with and was what Snyder envisioned for his Superman movie. The studio gave him full control over it. The same with the solo Wonder Woman or Aquaman movies for their directors. Snyder had his shot and it didn't work. He even got another try with BvS and outside the Studio wanting him to use Batman he got to tell the Batman vs Superman story he wanted but it again proved divisive at best. More movies from Snyder could have likely been more of the same with them being divisive and not winning over a large portion of fans. So I don't really get saying that Snyder got screwed over when he had his opportunity and it under preformed. Had MoS been the hit the studio hoped for and ushered in a new beloved Superman the whole DCEU would be so much different to what it turned out to be.

It isn't a coincidence that the movie that is furthest away from Snyder's vision and tone in Aquaman has been DC's most successful movie. So far moving on from Snyder's tone was the right move on DC/WB's part.