Page 334 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2342843243303313323333343353363373383443844348341334 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    this dude is clearly tired of answering Batman questions. the dude didn't even care when he was playing Batman. oh no but we need REACTIONS!!!! imagine if they asked him about John Connor recastings
    Lmao. Bale did love being Batman though. Doubt he feels the same affection for Connor.

Retired

The actor who should have played the Joker pays tribute to the actor who does play a Joker.

Don’t know how relevant this will be for DC. Looks like the plan is for JJ Abrams to make new IPs for WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t know how relevant this will be for DC. Looks like the plan is for JJ Abrams to make new IPs for WB.
    I think they’d be crazy to not want him to do at least one superhero film during his exclusive contract. Even if he just produces it.

I know a lot of people don’t want him to be involved with a Superman reboot but I’d be for it. Superman: Fly By was a long time ago and he’s grown so much as a filmmaker. JJ Abrams Superman film may actually get the public excited about the character again.

If the Joker movie keeps getting bad reviews, I don't see how it's going to be nominated for Oscars..

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    If the Joker movie keeps getting bad reviews, I don't see how it's going to be nominated for Oscars..
    Sad to see that the Rotten Tomato score has dropped. At one point it was 89% and now it's at 79%. I'd say the movie has a target on its back, because so many respected critics gave it such praise. That has gotten the goat of other critics--plus RT has let in a significant number of critics that didn't used to be counted--so those critics are motivated to take it down. And it seems like the negative critics are against the very thing that the movie is. So it's not about the quality of the movie, it's about the moral and philosophical reason for such movies existing.

Beyond that I don't know, because I don't want to read all of these critics, for fear of reading too many details that will spoil the movie for me when I see it. I kind of doubt that the RT critic score can really fall that much lower--as by now the cross section of the critics would probably represent the median. I tend to think the audience score will be very high and if it is that will balance out the critic scores.

For instance, THE GREATEST SHOWMAN has a critic score of 56% and an audience score of 86%, GREEN BOOK is at 78% and 91%, IT CHAPTER TWO is at 63% and 80%, THE LION KING is at 53% and 88%, BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY is at 61% and 86%.

Green Book has the same RT score and got Best Picture.
    Bohemian Rhapsody has a 61% on RT and Malek got Best Actor.

Joker's reviews are mostly positve, and the film won the Golden Lion at Venice. I don't know that reactionary SJWs will be the final arbiters of its Oscar chances.

Interesting, Jim and Castling

I agree, it seems some people don't like Joker because they don't want that kind of movie for its story and message. I don't read reviews before I see a movie. I like to make my own mind about it, but some of these reaction I've seen seem unfair. I know people in real life who absolutely love The Greatest Showman, so yeah. I still don't feel interested in seeing it, but my sister and her daughter say it's amazing lol.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Sad to see that the Rotten Tomato score has dropped. At one point it was 89% and now it's at 79%. I'd say the movie has a target on its back, because so many respected critics gave it such praise. That has gotten the goat of other critics--plus RT has let in a significant number of critics that didn't used to be counted--so those critics are motivated to take it down. And it seems like the negative critics are against the very thing that the movie is. So it's not about the quality of the movie, it's about the moral and philosophical reason for such movies existing.
    Yep. Those reviews you just have to ignore. It's like reading a critic's view regarding a film from a movie genre he or she can't stand - what's the point?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Sort of depends on if any of those critics are members of the Academy. If not it probably doesn't matter. I don't think the Academy members check the RT score before deciding on voting.

The RT score doesn't matter. It's just an average of all reviews submitted and collected by RT. RT doesn't review movies, they're an aggregator site. The score is it's own thing and shouldn't be the metric to judge movies.

I personally don't care if the movie wins anything sinceI don't have an opinion on it yet. Right now it's all just buzz from TIFF and waaaaaayyyyyy to early to start saying if it's Oscar worthy when the movie isn't out yet.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It's absolutely gonna get nominated for something, even if it's just a Best Actor award. The Oscars have been desperate for ratings for years now, because most people don't watch the movies that get nominated (hence the pitiful "Best Popular Movie" stunt that backfired). A large segment of the voters dislike comic book movies and popcorn movies in general, but now they have a comic book movie dealing with "serious" weighty subject matter and an allegedly tour de force performance. They'll be licking their lips. Nominating a (likely) popular movie people have actually heard of, while ticking off the boxes they usually look for in a contender.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Does it bother anyone else that much of the narrative around the Joker movie is that it's so distanced from comics? I saw an interview with some of the producers talking about how they don't like/watch comic book films. I feel like slapping the Joker brand onto a more general "man loses his mind" story is using the nerd market for less-than-noble purposes. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that much of the narrative around the Joker movie is that it's so distanced from comics? I saw an interview with some of the producers talking about how they don't like/watch comic book films. I feel like slapping the Joker brand onto a more general "man loses his mind" story is using the nerd market for less-than-noble purposes. I don't know.
    Joker is just Taxi Driver meets Gotham.