Page 213 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1131632032092102112122132142152162172232633137131213 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    On a sidenote, with the profit that Shazam is getting, the low budgets of Joker and Birds of Prey, and the popularity of humans with gadgets like Batman and Iron Man, why the hell hasn't WB/DC gone full bore into a Green Arrow movie? Ollie has the money of Wayne and Stark, Stark's sarcasm, Wayne's playboy antics and you could do a movie with him for under $80 million. Seems like a no-brainer to me. They need to do it before MCU gets smart and does a Hawkeye solo.
    They’re making a Hawkeye TV series for Disney+ so I doubt we’ll see a Hawkeye movie. But with Arrow ending, yeah I think it would be a good time to make a Green Arrow movie.

He says this is DC's third straight hit, but isn't it the second in a row? I want to forget about JL too, but it came after WW.
    "What it proved for Warner Bros. was that DC Films could make three winning solo superhero movies in a row and that they could make a qualitative winner from a comparatively cult-level character."

Of course, that little word leaves out both Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, and Justice League.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    "What it proved for Warner Bros. was that DC Films could make three winning solo superhero movies in a row and that they could make a qualitative winner from a comparatively cult-level character."

Of course, that little word leaves out both Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, and Justice League.
    Good catch.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re making a Hawkeye TV series for Disney+ so I doubt we’ll see a Hawkeye movie. But with Arrow ending, yeah I think it would be a good time to make a Green Arrow movie.
    Just feels like a good character to expand the DCEU with. He's likable, he's not totally unknown, he's "fun" and "funny" (for the Rotten Tomatoes crowd) and he helps balance the DCEU with non-Gotham world building. I think Ollie would be a huge hit with the General Audience.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    I agree it got eclipsed but that's not the only reason, unfortunately the character isn't popular as we comic fans expected, with DC movies this weights massively, if it was a mcu label it would have done better for sure. Besides another issue we might not like as fans, but can be a valid reason is that maybe the movie wasn't that great, as we see it through our biased eyes.

I read comments on this forum that captain marvel was boring and that Shazam would be a sure hit. We fans tend to be too biased. We made ours all the positive reviews, well reviews don't mean a sure hit at BO, Aquaman hadn't half the positive reviews of Shazam, how it ended we all know.
    It's not just fans who think Shazam is great, but the general audience, too. Right now, there's just too much vying for everyone's attention, be it movies (Endgame), TV (Game of Thrones), sports(WWF, College Basketball Championship, the Masters) and everything else that's going on. Transformers made $1B and look where that franchise ended up.
    Shazam is on pace to make 3x its budget, and is in company with films like Batman Begins and Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse. Hopefully both it and Spiderverse will perform like The Dark Knight on their sophomore outings.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Arrow - Huntress?

Bat - Harley?

Diamond - Black Mask?

Sledgehammer - Black Canary?
    Bow and arrow: Huntress
    Bat: Black Canary
    Diamond: Cassie Cain
    Mallet: Harley
    Brass Knuckles: Rene Montoya

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

I think that means DC should stay away from team up films for a while, unless Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad are both winners and turn the tide. Hoping that's the case.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I think that means DC should stay away from team up films for a while, unless Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad are both winners and turn the tide. Hoping that's the case.
    I'm really interested in seeing how Birds and Squad may be linked. If Harley is in the "sequel" it means that the Birds handed her back to Waller (or she turned herself in in exchange for getting help from the Birds with Cassie). I'm also wondering if martial artists like Canary and Tiger are linked.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I'm really interested in seeing how Birds and Squad may be linked. If Harley is in the "sequel" it means that the Birds handed her back to Waller (or she turned herself in in exchange for getting help from the Birds with Cassie). I'm also wondering if martial artists like Canary and Tiger are linked.
    If she's a martial artist. In the teaser she had a bat. Black Canary wouldn't need a bat.

Just feels like a good character to expand the DCEU with. He's likable, he's not totally unknown, he's "fun" and "funny" (for the Rotten Tomatoes crowd) and he helps balance the DCEU with non-Gotham world building. I think Ollie would be a huge hit with the General Audience.
    It would be nice to get a comic-accurate Green Arrow in the movies.

I'm just curious whether they would keep the edgy and dark tone of the show and the Grell run or go for a more "lighthearted Batman" take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't much, if any, connection between the two films beyond Harley being shared.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/j...-2-1203191618/

John Cena is in talks to play a yet-to-be-revealed role in James Gunn's Suicide Squad.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/j...-2-1203191618/

John Cena is in talks to play a yet-to-be-revealed role in James Gunn's Suicide Squad.
    He's speculated to play Peacemaker.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-17-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    He's speculated to play Peacemaker.
    I thought Dave Bautista was speculated to play Peacemaker.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I thought Dave Bautista was speculated to play Peacemaker.
    Bautista will be busy with the new Snyder's zombie movie, he can't be in Gunn's SS.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Batista presumably still has one appearance as Drax in the can for GOTG Vol. 3 as well and I don't think Marvel Studios would be open to him playing a DC role before that.