Page 138 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 38881281341351361371381391401411421481882386381138 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    So it looks like they're going straight-up with Billy being chosen because he's pure of heart. The New 52 had the caveat that the Wizard chose him because he didn't (or maybe it was because he had the potential for a pure heart, I don't remember).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...edium=referral

Aquaman 2 is officially in development, with Aquaman co-writer David Johnson McGoldwick (Conjuring 2) returning.
    Good to hear .

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I thought I heard that Pattinson is well regarded on the indy scene.

I won't hold Twilight against him (ditto Stewart). He probably shits on it more than any of us, and when I watched the Rifftrax, I could clearly see him completely stop caring by film three lol (if not sooner).
    Pattison was fantastic in Good Time.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    If Trench is going to be a spin-off from Aquaman, then Star Wars should go back and do a solo movie on Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, and Poe. Just keep the budget in check. Try to go for a 50-75M budget.
    The Trench would be a Warner Bros. movie while Disney has the rights to the Star Wars movies. So why would Disney follow WB's model?

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Lol WB I get Aquaman was popular and all but jeez
    I mean the trench over a black manta or Atlanteans movie
    The trench over anything really this is the spinoff because horror movies are cheap to make but a bunch of nameless monsters isn't going to have much branding

I assume Aquaman 2 will come out before this though
    A Trench movie would be something a little more on its own. A Black Manta movie is just basically another superhero movie and there are other superhero movies that would get a higher priority. Black Manta
    would be better served as being a villain in an Aquaman sequel. The Trench would be more a horror movie that is just taking elements of a superhero movie without actually being a superhero movie.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    ugh why? Script was terrible.
    $1.1 billion and counting. The old saying is why mess with success.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Zack Snyder's Vero:

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The Trench would be a Warner Bros. movie while Disney has the rights to the Star Wars movies. So why would Disney follow WB's model?

A Trench movie would be something a little more on its own. A Black Manta movie is just basically another superhero movie and there are other superhero movies that would get a higher priority. Black Manta
    would be better served as being a villain in an Aquaman sequel. The Trench would be more a horror movie that is just taking elements of a superhero movie without actually being a superhero movie.

$1.1 billion and counting. The old saying is why mess with success.
    The script is not why the movie got over a billion.

Opposed to that BoP atrocity the Manta/Trench spin-offs sounds quite cool. I also could see Black Manta being kind of an unwilling antihero in an Alienesque Trench superhero horror movie. Kind of the Riddick of DC.

Fantastic Member

BoP an atrocity but Trench sounding cool....

Sometimes I feel like I’m living in Bizarro world.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I thought I heard that Pattinson is well regarded on the indy scene.

I won't hold Twilight against him (ditto Stewart). He probably shits on it more than any of us, and when I watched the Rifftrax, I could clearly see him completely stop caring by film three lol (if not sooner).
    Pattison is solid in Good Time, The Rover and The Lost City Of Z. People seem to hate actors that have been in Twilight which is odd. The Twilight movies aren't great but there are talented actors in them that shouldn't be judged as bad simply because they appeared in the franchise.

Pattison himself has practically said he did the Twilight films for the money. I don't think there are many little known actors in their early twenties that would turn down a multi-million dollar earning role in a tween franchise even if the movies were not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The script is not why the movie got over a billion.
    It was one of the reasons. An inferior script could have sunk the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    BoP an atrocity but Trench sounding cool....

Sometimes I feel like I’m living in Bizarro world.
    Few years ago I'd had agreed. But that was before WB started casting and showing pics of what they did to the BoP.

I will not rule out that its impossible that BoP will turn out be an awesome flick in the end. But right now I only saw evidence of the opposite.

I'm actually more interested in a Bizarro World movie too

Years ago DC live action had a bad rep for seeming to be embarrassed by superhero costumes. Everything was very dark toned and made to look more “real world”. The images from Birds of Prey remind me of that problem. Without context I wouldn’t know which characters those actresses are portraying.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Years ago DC live action had a bad rep for seeming to be embarrassed by superhero costumes. Everything was very dark toned and made to look more “real world”. The images from Birds of Prey remind me of that problem. Without context I wouldn’t know which characters those actresses are portraying.
    Maybe, they'll get their costumes at the end of the movie like Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It was one of the reasons. An inferior script could have sunk the movie.
    Not necessarily, I mean the script ...specifically the dialogue for the Fast & Furious movies are always bad and they still make a lot of money.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Maybe, they'll get their costumes at the end of the movie like Aquaman.
    It really doesn't seem like the kind of movie where you can expect the leads to end up in spandex costumes, at least going off the teaser.

Harley's outfits seem like they'll be the most colorful thing in the movie.

What's the director done before BoP? It's an indie director, right?