Page 360 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2603103503563573583593603613623633643704104608601360 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    WB has gone full Harley. Highfather help us all .
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Even from the trailer you can see that Harley has her own deal and is not a member of the BOP(as its been pointed out before now by a few people making the movie) but I can see the majority of people are not really looking that deep and are quite limited to "visuals" and just the surface level of what's presented to them. This will be an argument up until the movie comes out and they are proven wrong and by then they'll be complaining about Harley in Suicide Squad
    She totally looks like the member of the team. Heck, she looks like the leader and the person who organizes them into a group.

Cass definitely looks like her "plucky teen sidekick" which annoys me to no end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    So is it true that Bats has been missing in Gotham for awhile in this film? If so, then does that mean this takes place during Justice League or is it set after Shazam and Batman has simply gone missing again?
    It's the DC Movie Universe. Continuity doesn't matter and is entirely dependent on the film.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by capNthor View Post
    Yeah, this whole situation reeks of none of the other Birds of Prey teammates getting any positive reactions during test screenings.
    According to test screenings Black Mask and Black Canary are the breakout characters of the movie.

Astonishing Member

Too early to tell but I wonder if Cain is stripped of her fighting prowess. Hope Winstead has a large role in the movies. Not sold on the trailer but hope it does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    If they had called it Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey or Harley Quinn:Bird of prey I'm sure the next complaint would be how Hollywood had turned DC's premiere female team into Harley Quinn's sidekicks
    Of course if the movie comes out and Helena and Dinah are basically treated like Finn in the star wars movies then I'll take this back but if they are treated like actual characters with their own plot and goals outside of Harley Quinn a lot of you are just nagging about style in which this movie is being promoted.

Anyway Harley has her hyena's and she is out to show how she's not just the Joker's girlfriend. There are actually a lot more action scenes in this then I thought there would be
    Black Mask needs his Black Mask imo but I see the subtle foreshadowing in his breakdown scene
    He can't be already in control of Gotham and just wearing black gloves
    I think calling it “Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey” would have been more accurate of the movie as a whole. That way you know that Harley is front and center but the BoP are featured and get second billing. I think people are upset that the title is Birds of Prey with the Harley portion tacked on, kinda indicating that the BoP are the stars. In reality it’s a Birds of Prey movie starring Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    According to test screenings Black Mask and Black Canary are the breakout characters of the movie.
    I'll be interested to see how this version of Black Mask turns out. So far he just looks kind of...weird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Too early to tell but I wonder if Cain is stripped of her fighting prowess. Hope Winstead has a large role in the movies. Not sold on the trailer but hope it does well.
    The only indication she might still have it is that they got the stunt actor for X-23 from Logan, but that could just be because they're used to coordinating with stunts involving people of that age group.

Where did the info on test screenings come from? Can I have a link?

So Batman has clearly been removed from the universe
    A lot of daytime Gotham is shown,GCPD is listing him as missing
    Harley blows up Ace Chemicals which is a huge building in a prominent district in Gotham
    Pretty big signs there's no more Batman

Black Mask seems like he's taken over Gotham and wants Harley to cement his control/gain respect from the people who are loyal to Joker

Harley buys one of her hyena's from a store(pretty sure that's not legal)
    Huntress looks like she's Catholic and uses a gun and crossbow
    Black Canary is a singer(maybe works at black mask's club) and has her canary cry
    Cass Cain is a street kid who apparently gets taken in by Harley after she breaks her out of jail

That's all I could spot

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Yeah I’d like to see a link to that as well. A few people have stated that Black Canary is the breakout character but I can’t find a direct quote or article about it.

Anywho, Grace’s non spoiler review of Joker definitely intrigues me.

Last edited by Robotman; 10-01-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    WB has gone full Harley. Highfather help us all .
    She's the most visible female character in a CBM this side of Wonder Woman, and she's a merchandising goldmine. That, and she's the only female villain/antihero with such visibility. Yeah, she's going up top.

She totally looks like the member of the team. Heck, she looks like the leader and the person who organizes them into a group.
    Certainly, after they've been chasing her around Gotham, they call truce to help Cassie and stop Black Mask. Then we know Harley is off to Belle Reve at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Cass definitely looks like her "plucky teen sidekick" which annoys me to no end.

Hmm... she does not really come of as one who learned to be a living murder machine before she learned to speak or express herself other than fighting perfected in a way that even Batman admits to be terrified if he had to fight her.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Certainly, after they've been chasing her around Gotham, they call truce to help Cassie and stop Black Mask. Then we know Harley is off to Belle Reve at the end.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm not going through the last few months of their feeds, but a few comic movie bloggers, Thomas Polito being one of them, had gotten reports from people who had been to the screenings. The other info they got seems to have been accurate so far.

Oh, and Gail Simone who has heavily implied that she's seen the movie and perhaps even consulted on it. Clearly she and Jurnee know each other because they have a mutual love fest going on on Twitter.
    Last edited by Stromberg; 10-02-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    She's the most visible female character in a CBM this side of Wonder Woman, and she's a merchandising goldmine. That, and she's the only female villain/antihero with such visibility. Yeah, she's going up top.
    My statement stands .
    Certainly, after they've been chasing her around Gotham, they call truce to help Cassie and stop Black Mask.
    Which is basically around when they come together as an actual group.
    Then we know Harley is off to Belle Reve at the end.
    Do we? I don't know if the movie will fill the need to have to set up the next Suicide Squad, although having Montoya arrest Harley would be pretty satisfying.

Oh yeah she needs to get arrested again in BOP to make it into the Suicide Squad
    Although that movie might take place before JL like Suicide Squad whereas BOP takes place after JL

If this movie is a hit then yeah Harley will officially be DC's top character in their cinematic universe. Call her DC's Wolverine or Spider-man

Yet another note on the Harley Quinn trailer (that’s what it is). I love that they incorporated Harley’s roller derby history into one of the action sequences. When she’s holding onto the back of the car and and beating the **** out of those guys she’s wearing her skates.