Page 471 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571971 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You pretty much proved my point. And I also don't know what having heroic men and women has to do with anything.
    more representation. wider audience.

A think a good brand should be something that both sells and has good public reception.
    I would think the DCEU does not fit that description, given what's happened so far.
    DC is a good brand for WB. It's a great brand, their best brand right now. But it isn't a bigger brand than the MCU that can sell anything it seems.

Also, it's Star Wars a good brand? It doesn't sell as it used too, but it still sells.

DC is killing it on the small screen. But on the big screen, they are still struggling. On the flip side, Marvel has had some success on the small screen, but then those shows became victims of both Disney's larger corporate plans and the reshuffling of the people in charge. Now we'll have to see how successful their new crop of shows are on Disney+ (and I think they will be successful).

I wouldn't say killing it on the small screen, have you seen the CW ratings lately? Quite low compared to other networks. I think Flash was only good like 2 seasons, and the rest are very inconsistent in quality as well. Legends first season was a mess. Supergirl? they butchered Superman. The CW is very mediocre and often awful with an small audience compared to the movies. But the expectations for the CW and the movies are very different (lower) because it's just one movie to make an impression while a TV show has more episodes.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-10-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Birds of Prey Changes Title After Box Office Struggles: https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/02/10/...-harley-quinn/
    I have no idea what WB was thinking with BoP. It had red flags all over it the minute it was announced. What a mess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The DCEU is significantly more diverse
    Incorrect.
    I think the mcu films is more diverse the dceu films and more so if you add the mcu shows.
    Note- the mcu shows are really a alternate universe/s and not canon to the movies but they still called mcu shows.

Anyway i find these other views interesting when it comes to story telling in the mcu.
    by El Lobo Uchiha1 hour ago quote-
    MCU is smart because they knew Hero Films were eventually going to get old. Reinvention is key, for any creative project.
    MCU decided, hey there's no such thing as a hero genre [I disagree but whatever]. Let's make our character's who happen to be heroes be in different movies, like a coming of age movie, a political thriller, a heist film, a war film, a nostalgia film, a redemption story, a buddy cop film, and et cetera. That's smart.
    MCU is going to last a while because every film feels new. It doesn't feel like, oh another hero film, nah it's like oh an old western, a space adventure, a nostalgia trip.
    Every Marvel movie is a different genre, and that's why the MCU works .
    https://www.gamesradar.com/every-mar...why-mcu-works/

This was from last year.
    Avengers: Infinity War - 9 Reasons It's The Most Important Marvel Movie Yet
    quote-Marvel. Avengers: Infinity War is finally out, and while fans take the next ... Marvel's films have never lacked urgency, pathos or importance, the ...
    To read more go here
    http://whatculture.com/film/avengers...rvel-movie-yet

MCU Using Lesser Known Characters in a Successful Way Explained by Kevin Feige
    Last edited by mace11; 02-11-2020 at 12:07 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Disagree - most people aren't scouring the web to see what comic nerds think of how faithful a film is, and the few minor appearances of the BoP characters in outside media is small and limited enough to make no real difference.
    I never said, they were. But, reactions help create buzz. Nobody has to look for them, these days. It will be presented to you with all the data mining that happens on the social media sites. If i had serched birds of prey anything related to it will be automatically suggested to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Incorrect.
    I think the mcu films is more diverse the dceu films and more so if you add the mcu shows.
    Note- the mcu shows are really a alternate universe/s and not canon to the movies but they still called mcu shows.

Anyway i find these other views interesting when it comes to story telling in the mcu.

MCU Using Lesser Known Characters in a Successful Way Explained by Kevin Feige
    Please, i can say i am weight-lifter. But, if i can't even lift 50 pounds. Then chances are others might not agree.
    Mcu having heist, political thriller, war movie.. Etc are like that,so far. This is just my opinion.

Astonishing Member

You know you are going to be attacked and bombarded with people who disagree with this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    You know you are going to be attacked and bombarded with people who disagree with this right?
    I don't know about bombardment. But i do disagree. Marvel knows how to run a business. I will give them that.
    Anyways, bop had majority male audience for ticket sales around 54 percent . Sonic will be competition.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-11-2020 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I can't help but gloat a little at the spectacular failure of Birds of Prey. Justice has been served! That's what you get for removing Oracle, butchering Cassandra Cain and turning the others into Harley Quinn's backup dancers. Maybe this will put an end to DC's hard on for Quinn? Oh, who am I kidding? They'll put her in WW3 next.

That's kinda pathetic.
    I get the gloating a bit (in my case mixed with a bit sadness as explained earlier on) but instead of being angry that they did HQ right should we not be angry on how much of a fup the other characters representations are? It does not require to like HQ (although I do) but showing support and gratitude to CB characters done right in RL adaptions does help in the end when its your favorite characters turn to be adapted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I can't help but gloat a little at the spectacular failure of Birds of Prey. Justice has been served! That's what you get for removing Oracle, butchering Cassandra Cain and turning the others into Harley Quinn's backup dancers. Maybe this will put an end to DC's hard on for Quinn? Oh, who am I kidding? They'll put her in WW3 next.
    I like Margot Robbie but WB overestimated how popular her portrayal of HQ is. IMO there weren't hordes of fans clamoring for her return to the big screen and in several future projects. Yes HQ sells tons of merch, but so do the Power Rangers and their movies are not a big box office success.

HQ will most likely be a member of the rebooted Justice League film.

Extraordinary Member

I think the mcu does have more of a diversity of films then the dceu.

There were conversations i remember online awhile back if the mcu should have elseworld stories like the current dc live action movies(joker and the kitchen are not a dceu films by the way) and many or most were saying it's not need by the way or if it's done it should be tv.
    They are making elseworld type stories anyway on disney plus in mcu but animated and then the multiverse of madness will deal with other alternate universes as well.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-11-2020 at 02:04 AM.

I think the mcu does have more of a diversity of films then the dceu.

There were conversations i remember online awhile back if the mcu should have elseworld stories like the current dc live action movies(joker and the kitchen are not a dceu films by the way) and many or most were saying it's not need by the way or if it's done it should be tv.
    They are making elseworld type stories anyway on disney plus in mcu but animated and then the multiverse of madness will deal with other alternate universes as well.
    Well, its 24 vs. now 8 movies. Furthermore 24 planned and professionally executed to be in a connected universe studio decision vs. 8 studio decides last minute and is too afraid to even officially endorse a "DCEU" with all faults and premises. Which for me was actually another reason to have BoP the first one to skip at least for a big screen visit. They have not shown credibility by ongoing action to deserve my movie going loyalty for continuity sake even on a movie I have problems with. They sure talk big on occasion but thats worth nothing anymore.

... and I'm rambling again *sigh* Sorry :/

This is the kind of nonsense i despise. If we can't talk about snyder cut, then talking about mcu should be restricted as well. This is dcu films thread. Not mcu or mcu vs dceu thread.people can have that debate elsewhere.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Going to watch BoP with a friend tonight. Any post credit scenes to wait for?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Please, i can say i am weight-lifter. But, if i can't even lift 50 pounds. Then chances are others might not agree.
    Mcu having heist, political thriller, war movie.. Etc are like that,so far. This is just my opinion.
    Whatever you're trying to say barely makes any damn sense.