Page 383 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2833333733793803813823833843853863873934334838831383 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I didn't really have a problem with the gangsta look. Most everyone else had tattoos of some sort. Diablo was covered in tattoos. Even Harley Quinn had tattoos and no one complained about hers.
    This is the 21st century after all. Almost everyone has tattoos. You almost never saw women with tattoos last century. Now even big Hollywood stars, female sex symbols, have tattoos. Even in the
    comic books look at all the tattoos Batwoman has. In fact it would be a odd that a criminal like Joker wouldn't have tattoos. Tattoos are one of the way gangstas intimidate people. You see a guy
    with a lot of tattoos, you aren't going to mess with him. Isn't a guy with DAMAGED on he forehead going to scare you? As long as Joker has green hair, white skin, and a big red smile, he looks like
    Joker for me. The rest is just creative license. So I don't understand why people are objecting to a tattooed Joker.
    No, I’d have to control the urge to laugh at how stupid he looks. And given that most people mocked the hell out of Leto I’d say I’m not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If Joker were created today he probably would have tattoos. Back in the 1940s about the only people that got tattoos were sailors. And that was mostly because they wanted people to be able identify their corpse after they
    died in battle and their bloated body was found floating in the ocean afterwards. The only cartoon character I can recall from that era with tattoos was Popeye. Giving Joker tattoos back then would have just created more work
    for the pencillers and inkers and served no actual purpose in the life of Joker.
    If Joker were created today he would probably conceptually be a much different character then he was back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No, I’d have to control the urge to laugh at how stupid he looks. And given that most people mocked the hell out of Leto I’d say I’m not alone.
    When Honest Trailers make fun of you, you know you're done for .

"Hunka Hunka"

I liked Leto's Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    A Suicide Squad movie wouldn't have needed Mr J and HQ at all.
    Joker sure, but while Harley might not have been part of the "classic" Suicide Squad line-up/run (since the team/title predates her creation), she has been on it a lot that while maybe she isn't needed, it makes sense to include her.

And Shazam was only a moderate success (I blame putting it in the middle of Captain Marvel and Endgame), and Joker has balanced out probably the lessons of Aquaman. All WB has probably learned by now is comic book movies are a crap shoot if you're not Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Joker sure, but while Harley might not have been part of the "classic" Suicide Squad line-up/run (since the team/title predates her creation), she has been on it a lot that while maybe she isn't needed, it makes sense to include her.

And Shazam was only a moderate success (I blame putting it in the middle of Captain Marvel and Endgame), and Joker has balanced out probably the lessons of Aquaman. All WB has probably learned by now is comic book movies are a crap shoot if you're not Marvel Studios.
    I don’t think that’s the lesson they learned at all. DC is WB’s most profitable film franchise. Their other movies haven’t been doing so hot. If anything I expect them to double down even more on DC Films.

I don’t think that’s the lesson they learned at all. DC is WB’s most profitable film franchise. Their other movies haven’t been doing so hot. If anything I expect them to double down even more on DC Films.
    True.

I hope the lesson they've learned from WW, Aquaman, Joker and yes Shazam (fans and critics loved it) is that each character needs a different tone, and that some variety in DC movies is good and healthy for a longer franchise. Get the right directors and a good story.

So maybe the real lesson they learned was - Snyder sucks?

Hopefully they learned not to meddle too much.

So maybe the real lesson they learned was - Snyder sucks?

Hopefully they learned not to meddle too much.
    Well his DC movies have lesser legs at the BO than the others.. and poor critical response from most.. Maybe his style/vision isn't what was needed. Funny because Joker is a huge hit. Maybe Snyder has too many people who hate him for reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Well his DC movies have lesser legs at the BO than the others.. and poor critical response from most.. Maybe his style/vision isn't what was needed. Funny because Joker is a huge hit. Maybe Snyder has too many people who hate him for reasons.
    I think the problem is Snyder tried to make what works for a film like Joker or any given Batman character and apply it to Superman, which was not wise.
    Had Snyder made a Batman movie, I think he'd have met with a lot more success.

Joker is huge because of a few things.
    1. It's the Joker. People know him.
    2. ALL THE HYPE! The movie had HUGE hype, be it how violent it is all the way to how it addresses Mental illness.
    3. see #2.
    4. That's all I got.

I have NOT seen it and I am a HUGE comic book reader, movie lover and DC fan boy (I took the day off to see Aquaman 2x!). It's got NOTHING to do with Comics or the Joker or DC at all (yet and may never) except the name JOKER.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Joker is huge because of a few things.
    1. It's the Joker. People know him.
    2. ALL THE HYPE! The movie had HUGE hype, be it how violent it is all the way to how it addresses Mental illness.
    3. see #2.
    4. That's all I got.

I have NOT seen it and I am a HUGE comic book reader, movie lover and DC fan boy (I took the day off to see Aquaman 2x!). It's got NOTHING to do with Comics or the Joker or DC at all (yet and may never) except the name JOKER.
    I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with the comics. We see the Waynes, Alfred, there's Arkham, Gotham, the Bruce is orphaned by crime thing, I think all that's enough connections to make it an alright sort of Elseworlds where Joker appears like a decade before Bruce becomes Batman. Like a ridiculously more grounded Gotham (the TV show).

I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with the comics. We see the Waynes, Alfred, there's Arkham, Gotham, the Bruce is orphaned by crime thing, I think all that's enough connections to make it an alright sort of Elseworlds where Joker appears like a decade before Bruce becomes Batman. Like a ridiculously more grounded Gotham (the TV show).
    Robot Chicken had that too...
    That's Bane!

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Robot Chicken had that too...
    That's Bane!
    Eh, didn't see that episode. Gonna say Joker was better than anything on Robot Chicken.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Let's not forget how cringy the tattoos were. On paper, a tattoo on Joker could work... but 'damaged' on his forehead? Really?
    This. There's nothing really wrong with Joker having creepy tattoos. The problem was how basic and dumb they were. It took half a brain cell to come up with those, and the Joker should be more clever and ironic than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    This. There's nothing really wrong with Joker having creepy tattoos. The problem was how basic and dumb they were. It took half a brain cell to come up with those, and the Joker should be more clever and ironic than that.
    Well, he does have a gun that goes BANG and a flower that squirts the liquid of the day, so sometimes simple is better...