Page 206 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1061561962022032042052062072082092102162563067061206 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 20948

Also gotta take the age of the child actors into account. You can’t wait too long to make another movie otherwise the kids will be too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Also gotta take the age of the child actors into account. You can’t wait too long to make another movie otherwise the kids will be too old.
    agreed on that, but if Aquaman was pushed to 2022 because of competition, can't see Shazam facing such competition

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    agreed on that, but if Aquaman was pushed to 2022 because of competition, can't see Shazam facing such competition
    I can see it. Like right now, the sequel wouldn't need to make as much to be profitable. Competition won't eat as much out of it compared to Aquaman. I mean, Shazam is already smack in the middle of competition and is doing as expected - acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I can see it. Like right now, the sequel wouldn't need to make as much to be profitable. Competition won't eat as much out of it compared to Aquaman. I mean, Shazam is already smack in the middle of competition and is doing as expected - acceptable.
    Depends on how much competition it will face, and what type. TBH I expected Shazam to do a little better at BO after the success by AM and the very good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I wouldn't call Captain Marvel an unknown character. The word Shazam is pretty ingrained in pop culture.
    Shazam! was something Gomer Pyle said a lot back in the 1960s, when he was amazed about something. I didn't even realize he was talking about a comic book character at the time.

Just a minor peeve. The character's name in Shazam!, not Shazam. Shazam! is even the title of the movie.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 04-09-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Shazam! was something Gomer Pyle said a lot back in the 1960s, when he was amazed about something. I didn't even realize he was talking about a comic book character at the time.

Just a minor peeve. The character's name in Shazam!, not Shazam. Shazam! is even the title of the movie.
    General public not a big presence but if a 70's kid like my older brothers and sister they remember him from the TV series.

Retired

It's too bad that SHAZAM! couldn't be released before Christmas, since it plays well as a Christmas movie, but it would have been impossible last year and next Christmas would be just as bad. Oh well, when I get the DVD I'll put it in my Christmas rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

That last sentence really shows how annoying using Shazam all the time is. It doesn't really feel like a magic word anymore. Is Shazam different from Shazam!? Does the exclamation point make that much of a difference? Wish he was Captain Marvel or Captain literally anything else.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    They've already confirmed a sequel, written by the same person who wrote the first film....
    They have had The rock on deck for black adam for years. A sequel was confirmed a long time ago Early 2021 I bet since I am sure the rock is ready now, he jsut could not get to it until the Shazam lore was set

Retired

Gomer Pyle had Captain Marvel comics books at his filling station in Mayberry--which explains why he said SHAZAM! a lot, he was a fanboy--and that was in 1960. Makes me envious of those folks in Mayberry--they still had Fawcett comics long after they had stopped being published. Although this isn't so mysterious to me. I think many of us from an earlier generation remember travels with the family across country and coming into a small town where the local store had comics from another epoch still in the spinner rack.

"61% MON-to-TUE jump for #Shazam to $4.9M raising total up to $64.8M. Still heading to about $70M when it enters its second wknd at the domestic "

https://twitter.com/GiteshPandya/sta...75548780646400

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    General public not a big presence but if a 70's kid like my older brothers and sister they remember him from the TV series.
    Being a kid from the 70's I loved Captain Marvel. I had no clue about his Fawcett comics origin. As far as I knew he was always a DC hero, hanging out with Superman. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a time when Captain Marvel was on tv and my Mego doll of CM was one of my favorites. Even though I was a small child at the time I can still remember when I got that doll and from what store he came from. I also had Captain Marvel viewmaster reels, and a few comics.
    The whole "Captain Marvel" trademark debacle really sucks. He'll always be Captain Marvel to me.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That last sentence really shows how annoying using Shazam all the time is. It doesn't really feel like a magic word anymore. Is Shazam different from Shazam!? Does the exclamation point make that much of a difference? Wish he was Captain Marvel or Captain literally anything else.
    And apparently they're not going with Billy's "intentions" effecting whether he transforms or not when he says it since there's a scene shown where he says the name matter-of-factly and just transforms back.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Being a kid from the 70's I loved Captain Marvel. I had no clue about his Fawcett comics origin. As far as I knew he was always a DC hero, hanging out with Superman. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a time when Captain Marvel was on tv and my Mego doll of CM was one of my favorites. Even though I was a small child at the time I can still remember when I got that doll and from what store he came from. I also had Captain Marvel viewmaster reels, and a few comics.
    The whole "Captain Marvel" trademark debacle really sucks. He'll always be Captain Marvel to me.
    It was weird, as a fan of the serious TV show from its inception back in '74, reading a humorous Shazam! comic a couple of years later. I loved both versions, but they were very much different. As for Cap's Fawcett roots, I was aware of that before the television program started - a local talk show devoted all of its airtime sometime in '72 to the Big Red Cheese in honor of his return to comic books.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

As I've said before (but maybe not on this thread), my introduction to Captain Marvel was in ALL IN COLOR FOR A DIME. I had some rough idea that there was a Captain Marvel back in the 1940s before that, but it was the chapter in AICFAD that filled my mind with visions of "The Big Red Cheese," thanks to Dick Lupoff. That book is one of my favourite works of literature and that chapter is one of the best in the book. It transported me back to that day in early 1940 when young Dick and his brother discovered the World's Mightiest Mortal in WHIZ COMICS No. 2. Magic.