Page 33 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743831335331033 ... LastLast
    Retired

All the pre publicity for DOOM PATROL has me excited to see it and considering buying the DC service, except that TITANS is supposed to lead into it. None of the pre publicity for that show excites my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if it's meant more as an ensemble piece then a solo movie, I think we're probably going to get some good background and character focus in the movie for those involved.

Like, they kind of have to address Helena's origin as a daughter of a mafioso who got killed because that informs who she is as Huntress.

Granted, Dinah's origin isn't really as well-defined so they can kind of go wherever they want there.
    So you don't think they will go the BoP TV show route and have Huntress be the daughter of Batman and Catwoman?

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Nice to hear a bit more about the more minor characters in Shazam. I hope they do expand Victor and Rosa’s characters, both within the movie and the upcoming comics.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So you don't think they will go the BoP TV show route and have Huntress be the daughter of Batman and Catwoman?
    that's not just the BoP show route; that's the comics route...
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Considering that it's pretty likely they're going for Helena Bertinelli in this? I don't.

Retired

It sounds like they're going for the mob boss daughter route. And, by the way, that doesn't mean she has to be Italian-American--not all mobs are Italian in origin. But given that there seems to be an expanded historical universe emerging for the DC movies--where they all don't take place in the current moment--that gives them the chance to do the Batman's daughter. The argument against this before was that you couldn't have Batman, Catwoman and Huntress all active in the same universe if they're her parents. But now you could. And that's such a big hook for a movie, that you'd think WB would want to take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    What the hell are they thinking?!? Maybe if this was 1992 I’d be ok with this. But Pérez is 54 years old. They couldn’t find someone the same age as the other members? I’m sure there are a lot of up and coming Hispanic actresses who would have been perfect for this part. Perez is also 5 feet tall (some list her at 5’1) so not exactly the Montaya from the comics.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What the hell are they thinking?!? Maybe if this was 1992 I’d be ok with this. But Pérez is 54 years old. They couldn’t find someone the same age as the other members? I’m sure there are a lot of up and coming Hispanic actresses who would have been perfect for this part. Perez is also 5 feet tall (some list her at 5’1) so not exactly the Montaya from the comics.
    Yeah I don't get this casting choice at all. Obviously the character is going to be different than the one in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The casting of this movie continues to confound me. Why they cast someone in their 50's for Montoya, I can't even begin to guess. This movie just becomes less and less appealing, while making me more and more angry.

Any chance Disney could just go buy DC comics? Love them or hate them, you can't deny that they've put out better and more coherent movies than WB.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The casting for this one threw me off completely. I'll be surprised if she was an older Question which would be badass but i'm not seeing it. Most likely she's staying as a cop. Probably they're making her the female Jim Gordon role or the typical strict older cop role.

I guess I could've seen her as Montoya if this movie had been made 20 or 30 years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The casting for this one threw me off completely. I'll be surprised if she was an older Question which would be badass but i'm not seeing it. Most likely she's staying as a cop. Probably they're making her the female Jim Gordon role or the typical strict older cop role.
    Just on age alone I think that pretty much rules out her becoming The Question.

Probably also means she won't be as actively involved as the other Birds are. Though you never know.

Every time DC announces something whether comics or other media I always have the same thought, I don't care.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Okay please explain to me the glory that is the Titans marketing strategy.
    The marketing hasn't been promising but this is...

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/10/04/...rst-reactions/

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    The marketing hasn't been promising but this is...

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/10/04/...rst-reactions/

Fingers crossed.
    I hope its good.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics