Page 110 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 10601001061071081091101111121131141201602106101110 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    MCU recast War Machine and Hulk and Iron Man 2 is far from flawless.
    Norton's Hulk was essentially standalone with no on-screen connection to the rest of the Avengers cast.

War Machine is a supporting character and the replacement had many more appearances with more significant roles over time.

Flash, Superman, Batman, and Luthor have all been main characters in at least one film. Replacing Affleck and/or Cavill, even Eisenberg and Miller, would create a break in recognizability for the universe for casual audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Norton's Hulk was essentially standalone with no on-screen connection to the rest of the Avengers cast.

War Machine is a supporting character and the replacement had many more appearances with more significant roles over time.

Flash, Superman, Batman, and Luthor have all been main characters in at least one film. Replacing Affleck and/or Cavill, even Eisenberg and Miller, would create a break in recognizability for the universe for casual audiences.
    I think the hard core comic book fans care more than the general public. The general public sees roles recast all of the time so it isn't that big a deal for them. They just go to see the costume, not who is wearing it.
    As long as the replacement does a decent enough job they can accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    BP has 8 awards noms! Spider-verse is up for best animated film also! (plus a anime has a animated film nom also! About time. Why was your name not giving a nod when it was out?)

BP won't win with green book and the netflix movie getting all the buzz but it opens the door for comic book films.
    Spider-Verse better win.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

What you view as a drawback might be the draw for DC: recasting Affleck and Cavill unequivocally tells audiences that they can forget about MoS and BvS, and that the new Superman and Batman movies will be different from them.

Wasn't RDJ's Stark in Norton's Hulk film?

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Wasn't RDJ's Stark in Norton's Hulk film?
    I think he was in the after credits scene.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think the hard core comic book fans care more than the general public. The general public sees roles recast all of the time so it isn't that big a deal for them. They just go to see the costume, not who is wearing it.
    As long as they can find people to play acceptable performances of Batman, Flash, Lex Luthor and Superman, that people can be okay with, then I'm all for a recasting in the DC films.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Black Panther was announced as one of the nominees for Best Picture at the Oscars this year, which I think is a huge win for comic book and genre films in general. It's unfortunate that Wonder Woman wasn't able to garner one last year. While I think BP had a much larger cultural impact, WW definitely had its own kind of influence. Nonetheless, it's great to see comic book films getting greater recognition.
    Agreed .

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    What you view as a drawback might be the draw for DC: recasting Affleck and Cavill unequivocally tells audiences that they can forget about MoS and BvS, and that the new Superman and Batman movies will be different from them.
    This. At the very least the GA would probably be very happy to never see Eisenberg’s awful Lex again.

I'm not a Man of Steel fan but Cavill is a good Superman and deserves another shot at a solo film.

But Lex doesn't need to be recast IMO and more replaced Lex kept saying how awful his dad was so bring in Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor Sr. who in his first scene kills his son Lex Jr. for being a failure.

As for Batman make MR's films prequels with a younger but not too young of an actor for Batman than use him going forward.

I'm not a fan of Ezra Miller's Flash but WB doesn't need to recast yet concentrate on New Gods, Green Lantern Corps, and Justice League Dark and after those if Ezra schedule is still full well enough time has gone by where many won't care so recast.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-23-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm not a Man of Steel fan but Cavill is a good Superman and deserves another shot at a solo film.

But Lex doesn't need to be recast IMO and more replaced Lex kept saying how awful his dad was so bring in Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor Sr. who in his first seen kills his son Lex Jr. for being a failure.

As for Batman make MR's films prequels with a younger but not too young of an actor for Batman than use him going forward.

I'm not a fan of Ezra Miller's Flash but WB doesn't need to recast yet concentrate on New Gods, Green Lantern Corps, and Justice League Dark and after those if Ezra schedule is still full well enough time has gone by where many won't care so recast.
    And after Lex Sr. disposes of Jr. he can say something like “hopefully my other son won’t be such a disappointment”, setting the stage for an appearance from Superboy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And after Lex Sr. disposes of Jr. he can say something like “hopefully my other son won’t be such a disappointment”, setting the stage for an appearance from Superboy.
    I like the way you think.

I don't think they would be outraged, I think they'd be confused and slightly taken out of the movie. The Universe doesn't feel lilke a stable continuous thing that way. Which some say isn't bad, but most of these individual characters were built in a shared Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    So they can forget the circumstances under which most of these characters met?

I don't think they would be outraged, I think they'd be confused and slightly taken out of the movie. The Universe doesn't feel lilke a stable continuous thing that way. Which some say isn't bad, but most of these individual characters were built in a shared Universe.
    So they can forget the circumstances under which most of these characters met?
    It doesn't have to be a whole new version of the character. It can be the same Superman that was in Man of Steel. He remembers everything that happened to him in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and Justice League.
    Same with Batman for Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, and Justice League. They could reference things that happened to them in past films. The only thing that would change is another actor is playing the same characters.
    It was like with Alura in the Supergirl TV show. Erica Durance played Alura in season three but she was the same character as the Alura that was played by Laura Benanti in season one. And people accepted this.

It doesn't have to be a whole new version of the character. It can be the same Superman that was in Man of Steel. He remembers everything that happened to him in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and Justice League.
    Same with Batman for Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, and Justice League. They could reference things that happened to them in past films. The only thing that would change is another actor is playing the same characters.
    It was like with Alura in the Supergirl TV show. Erica Durance played Alura in season three but she was the same character as the Alura that was played by Laura Benanti in season one. And people accepted this.
    For characters and roles that big, it just seems like a stretch to me. But maybe you're right, if the movie is good enough people will just go along with the notion that it's the same character in-universe. I just think there is a limit to how many you can do that with and still maintain the illusion, especially with other characters still in their previous casting.