Page 147 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 47971371431441451461471481491501511571972476471147 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 20948
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

The latest go-around on the Bat-successor Rumor Carousel is here:
    https://revengeofthefans.com/2019/02...man-exclusive/

According to scooper Mario F Robles, Armie Hammer (who was cast as Batman in the ill-fated JL Mortal) is in final talks to play Batman in the Reeves' film.
    As of this writing, Hammer has yet to sign on the dotted line, but the feeling is that it’s only a matter of time now.

This comes three weeks after I mentioned on Episode 85 of The Fanboy Podcast that he was on the studio’s list of suggestions for familiar faces they’d like for Matt Reeves to consider. At the time, the main names floating around were Ansel Elgort, Dylan O’Brien, Logan Lerman, Noah Centineo, Jack O’Connell, Richard Madden, Kit Harington, Nicholas Hoult, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Those were the names many fellow reporters had heard and that were making the rounds on the net when I recorded that episode.

But I’d heard Hammer was in the mix, and that many folks behind the scenes were acting like he was the frontrunner, so I mentioned him.

Interestingly, one of the names that’s popped up since then I’m told is only half right. I’m referring to Robert Pattinson, who many have said was a frontrunner. From what I’ve gathered, he is in the mix for The Batman, but not for the titular role. One insider says it’s actually for one of the film’s villains. So that situation is where I’ll turn my attention next.
    I'm not sure how accurate he is as far as these things go - but I wouldn't mind seeing Bat-Hammer if he does end up getting the cowl. And in the long-shot that Cavill does stay on as Superman and he teams up with Batman again, Cavill and Hammer definitely are a pair who've proven they work on screen together.

EDIT: El Maybe claims this rumor is false on his Twitter

FINAL UPDATE: Reporters from THR and Variety, the highest authorities as far as these things go, have confirmed that this is a false rumor!
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 02-18-2019 at 06:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I've been wanting Brainiac in a Superman movie forever. I've given up on there ever being a decent Luthor on the big screen.
    I saw a more than decent Luthor in 2016

Astonishing Member

I don’t know how anyone would think that goofy cartoon in a bad wig could be a decent Lex Luthor but hey everyone has their own taste.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I did as well.

Most people didn’t. I sure didn’t.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Whatever his faults, Eisenberg's Luthor was still closer to the comic-book version(s) than the Donnerverse's. I don't know how anybody could dispute that, either (beyond physically, of course).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The new actor for Reeves' Batman won't be casted and announced for the next few months. Batman's 80 th birthday is coming up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    okay? you actually don't even know that for sure and I never even asked so...

Same. I actually loved Jesse in the role. Sure I didn't like when he acted too neurotic (it came off as annoying), but I loved his fury and when he acted cold and manipulating. His Lex actually outsmarted everyone and basically made Superman his b!tch if even for a bit. And got him killed. He was better than Donnerverse Lex for sure, and I like that version for its time. Jesse's Lex was very cunning and he was a scientist as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Whatever his faults, Eisenberg's Luthor was still closer to the comic-book version(s) than the Donnerverse's. I don't know how anybody could dispute that, either (beyond physically, of course).
    I liked his face for Lex. He has a look that says villain to me.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I liked his face for Lex. He has a look that says villain to me.
    I agree, though Hackman and Spacey were closer to Lex looks-wise from the comics.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I agree, though Hackman and Spacey were closer to Lex looks-wise from the comics.
    Agreed. I actually prefer when Lex is a tall and attractive man. Not taller than Superman, though, and especially Not more handsome than Supes.

I guess it's like Affleck's Batman.

He's probably the closest to comic Batman in a lot of ways even if there were some weird character choices made with him that prevented him from becoming the "perfect" on-screen take on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it's like Affleck's Batman.

He's probably the closest to comic Batman in a lot of ways even if there were some weird character choices made with him that prevented him from becoming the "perfect" on-screen take on the character.
    What were those weird choices?

I'm not a big Batman fan, but for me Affleck is the best Batman I've seen. He killed? So did all the others.

He had lost his way but found his way back to being more heroic thanks to Superman. I liked that story. My problem with BvS was Superman's portrayal and the execution of his story. But Batman was pretty interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    What were those weird choices?

I'm not a big Batman fan, but for me Affleck is the best Batman I've seen. He killed? So did all the others.

He had lost his way but found his way back to being more heroic thanks to Superman. I liked that story. My problem with BvS was Superman's portrayal and the execution of his story. But Batman was pretty interesting to me.
    I just have a hard time buying a Batman, no matter how fallen, becoming obsessed with committing per-meditated murder on Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just have a hard time buying a Batman, no matter how fallen, becoming obsessed with committing per-meditated murder on Superman.
    OK, makes sense I guess. I haven't seen or read the DK Returns movie/story, but I know he tries to kill Superman, right? Do you like that story?