Page 403 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 20948
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#257b4ba618ff

After getting made fun of and insulted on two sites for posting that last news link I almost didn't post this but i'll post it anyways as it's news and a big win for WB.
    Why would anybody laugh at incontrovertible truth?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Back to our monthly "Snyder Cut" appointment... both Snyder and Momoa shared 2 never seen before scenes from the original JL movie:

Kiersey Clemmons looked cute as Iris.

Astonishing Member

After getting made fun of and insulted on two sites for posting that last news link I almost didn't post this but i'll post it anyways as it's news and a big win for WB.
    Joker was always going to make money with it's tiny budget. Who made fun of you?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Exactly the point I was trying to make. For standaloners who do not care and all versions of this ominous GA it makes zilch difference since the movie will be 99,7 % same; for for the fans glamouring a DC taste answer to the MCU it would be an addition to the universe.
    We had a "DC taste answer to the MCU" before and now we're trying something else because that didn't go as planned. No big deal. *Shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Joker was always going to make money with it's tiny budget. Who made fun of you?
    Come on now. Do you really need someone explaining the difference between "make money" and whatever Joker is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    We had a "DC taste answer to the MCU" before and now we're trying something else because that didn't go as planned. No big deal. *Shrugs*
    ... eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    ... now we're trying something else...
    In case your job is with WB/DCEU: Thanks for the ride up till (I guess for now) Shazam!. Watched every movie day one when possible. Bought the Steelbook edition of all of them. Thanks for trying, don't give up. But also: no reason to discuss the pro/cons any further since your answers are company guided.

In case you are not... No really. No ideas here. Maybe 'cause its late. We are going to sleep now...

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Joker will make a billion by next week and will be the most profitable "hero" (or is it villain) comic book movie. Even with sharing profits wb is going to make a lot of money from this. Don't be shocked if they greenlight a second movie.

Neither hero, nor villain. Just straight most profitable comic book adaptation!

——

JUSTICE LEAGUE - SNYDER CUT NEWS

I haven't looked at the last couple pages, but for the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut fans, there is a renewed push happening not just from the fandom, but from people associated with the movie. If you don't care or have only negative thoughts regarding the Snyder Cut movement, you're free to voice your opinion, but I would like to follow the "disclaimer" that you can find below from the DC_Cinematic subreddit mods in their renewed push: just ignore this.

Reddit post from the mods asking for a social media blast and to "trust them" on this: https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati..._for_everyone/

Ray Porter, who was cast as Darkseid is tweeting out directly to AT&T and WB.
    Ray Fisher and Zack Snyder apparently liked Momoa's Instagram post showing him skewering Steppenwolf. This sequence supposedly leads to Aquaman "serving up" Steppenwolf to Superman who then punches him over to Diana where she deals the final blow. This is different than the ending provided in the theatrical release.

Jason Momoa, Jay Oliva, Ray Porter and many others have all been actively pushing the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut on Twitter, Vero and Instagram over the last 24 hours or so.
    Zack Snyder has served up some fresh pics from his version (a couple are shown above by Last Son of Krypton).

No one is sure what's going on, but there is "hope" circulating that with the second anniversary of Justice League next week, an announcement may be imminent OR AT&T/WB may be feeling pressure both externally and internally to have Zack Snyder's original cut release on HBO Max to offer proper closure for his fans and to the "Justice League" trilogy.

If you are a supporter and/or fan of the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement, it's encouraged that you get on whatever social media you have and begin contributing to the hashtag and tagging @AT&T and @WarnerBros to show them the support.

Again, if you're not interested or you don't care, then please feel free to ignore all of this.

EDIT: Almost forgot! Junkie XL confirmed he finished all of Justice League's soundtrack (this has been a heavily debated point of the Snyder Cut. Well, no more!). You can find that exclusive story here: https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...core-complete/
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 11-09-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

Joker will make a billion by next week and will be the most profitable "hero" (or is it villain) comic book movie. Even with sharing profits wb is going to make a lot of money from this. Don't be shocked if they greenlight a second movie.

No it's not. What is the endgame?

What does that movie teach the WB? Yet another movie not set in the depressed Batman universe made a billion like Aquaman. SO that's 4 movies (WW & Shazam) that have made it despite everything.

Now the question is does it get the WB to lighten up finally? Or are they doing to panic that yet ANOTHER guy has done better than Batman & Superman to panic and screw up the next Batman film. Instead of accepting that Batman can't be number one all the time.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

What does that movie teach the WB? Yet another movie not set in the depressed Batman universe made a billion like Aquaman. SO that's 4 movies (WW & Shazam) that have made it despite everything.

Now the question is does it get the WB to lighten up finally? Or are they doing to panic that yet ANOTHER guy has done better than Batman & Superman to panic and screw up the next Batman film. Instead of accepting that Batman can't be number one all the time.
    Um, it very much is.

Making a good movie that has been wildly successful and done better than all their shared universe films except Aquaman. I don't know why this is hard to grasp. They made a huge play for a Marvel style shared universe and then it blew up in their faces, so now they're going a different route.

It's funny. Everyone was making fun of DC for copying Marvel with the early films, and now that they're pivoting course, people are complaining that DC isn't doing enough to copy Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post

... eh?
    It was pretty clear.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-09-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Um, it very much is.
    Yep. It's a monster success that even Marvel now has to envy. Shouldn't even be arguable, but apparently it is.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Seriously? That's where you're gonna go with this?
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

What Joker's financial success should do is showcase to WB/AT&T that DC is a money maker and they have a deep well to pull from. While we can argue Joker is the world's most recognized villain and that, say, a Lex Luthor movie in this style may not a billion-burger, the interest in these types of stories is there. Execution is critical, but that's where WB has to trust the director and teams they've chosen.

Moving forward, I'd love to see a formal "Black" label film division very closely tied into the DCEU (not meaning in an inter-related way of film stories, but operationally). The formal DCEU can keep cranking out Aquaman, Wonder, Shazam! sequels along with the upcoming "Batman-verse" while Black does one off and elseworld movies ala Joker.

Regardless, this movie will line the coffers for WB and the other production companies associated, meaning they'll be more willing to take chances like this in the future and maybe even with slightly higher budgets (up to, but not exceeding $100 million, for example).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep. It's a monster success that even Marvel now has to envy. Shouldn't even be arguable, but apparently it is.
    that, and it seems odd to describe a movie about the Joker going crazy in Gotham City and ending with the death of the Waynes as NOT being about Batman

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    that, and it seems odd to describe a movie about the Joker going crazy in Gotham City and ending with the death of the Waynes as NOT being about Batman
    Yeah, I don't understand that myself. Despite its unconventional approach, it's definitely part of the Batman universe.

What's behind your hatred of DC? They seemingly can't do anything right in your eyes.