Page 453 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553953 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Decent amount of new footage and a better/extended look at the canary cry.
    A new decent OST is something to look forward too; while I liked Shazam! the movie a lot its score was kind of lame. Its not that I disliked it; it was just (for me at least) very underwhelming compared to its fellow DCEU OSTs.

How they absurdly grotesque misrepresent Cassandra Cain should be a crime though. Makes me wanna slap the decision makers with a Batgirl Cassandra Cain trade paperback. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I like Colin Ferrel but not thrilled about his cast as Penguin.

I know those pics barely show anything, but I really hope we aren’t going back to DC being more “real world” and toning down the costumes. I hope the final version has the hat, monocle, and all the comic book eccentricities.
    I know there was a rumor Reeves wanted to do a very comic-accurate Batman film but I don't think he's officially said anything about it.

The Batsuit seems like it'll be based on Lee Bernejo's take on it.
    I think I recall from the last trailer that Harley hands her the dynamite and says “hold this”, to which Cass rightfully tosses it out the window. So she didn’t intentionally blow them up if that’s the case.

As far as the video, it reminds me that the current music scene is horrible.
    Yeah, it might not have been intentional, but still...Cass Cain just blew somebody up .

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    A new decent OST is something to look forward too; while I liked Shazam! the movie a lot its score was kind of lame. Its not that I disliked it; it was just (for me at least) very underwhelming compared to its fellow DCEU OSTs.

How they absurdly grotesque misrepresent Cassandra Cain should be a crime though. Makes me wanna slap the decision makers with a Batgirl Cassandra Cain trade paperback. :P
    But wasn't there a period when Cassie was homeless and wandering the streets after running away from her dad?

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    But wasn't there a period when Cassie was homeless and wandering the streets after running away from her dad?
    It's a personality thing, not a "street rat" thing.

And even during that time, Cass didn't need Harley to protect her.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I doubt that she turned into the cheery, funloving, joyful girl I saw in that clip during that period. A nice thought in a parody comic though. As soon as nobody looks Cass lets it all out. Its all a prank she worked out with the Alfred version that is the Joker to keep Bruce busy from being suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It's a personality thing, not a "street rat" thing.

Yeah, the context and characterization is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    TBF she didn't have to fight off Gotham's underworld hunting her down either. Her father didn't even know which continent she was on.

Before she stole the diamond from Zsasz, she seemed to fine getting by herself in the movie too. I think they decided to change up her personality a little to differentiate her from Logan's X-23.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 01-21-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    TBF she didn't have to fight off Gotham's underworld hunting her down either. Her father didn't even know which continent she was on.
    Yeah, but she wouldn't have had any problem if she did though.
    Before she stole the diamond from Zsasz, she seemed to fine getting by herself in the movie too. I think they decided to change up her personality a little to differentiate her from Logan's X-23.
    I can't really see Cassandra Cain as a pickpocket. If you change the personality of the character so much, to where they don't even seem like the actual character, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but she wouldn't have had any problem if she did though.
    One kid defeating an entire mob? I doubt it.

I can't really see Cassandra Cain as a pickpocket. If you change the personality of the character so much, to where they don't even seem like the actual character, what's the point?
    Well, the film called for a runaway little girl character in Gotham and they chose Cassandra for it as she was the most likely candidate. Or would you rather have had Harper Row?

Also, seeing how many years Kid Cassandra spent by herself in the comics, she must have resorted to pickpocketing/stealing at least a few times to get by. It's not like runaway children have lots of avenues to survive by themselves in cities.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 01-21-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Well, the film called for a runaway little girl character in Gotham and they chose Cassandra for it as she was the most likely candidate. Or would you rather have had Harper Row?

Also, seeing how many years Kid Cassandra spent by herself in the comics, she must have resorted to pickpocketing/stealing at least a few times to get by. It's not like runaway children have lots of avenues to survive by themselves in cities.
    Sin Lance might have made a lot more sense.

Normal mobsters? Probably. Maybe. I guess training started even before she walked. She roughed up mercs as a kid. They should simply have avoid using Cass until they where actually interested in using Cass. Anything else as a name would be better. Its not like they need a canon name for their character.

I would’ve preferred Harper since I think she’s a terrible character anyway. I wouldn’t have cared if they made her Harley’s sidekick.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Harper honestly would have been fine. As would Sin, or Ellie from Morrison's Batman run.
    Batman Ellie.jpg

All of whom have much less of a following than Cass or are just minor characters, which would have left her on the table later for a more faithful portrayal

It’s about damn time. This franchise could be huge but sadly it’s been hampered by so many false starts. One thing DC has over Marvel is the huge array of supernatural heroes.