Page 454 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554954 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 20948

Great. I hope its good.

I wonder if aspects of Shadowpact is to be incorporated.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-21-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Thank god, finally progr...

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    ... meh. Ok.

Personally, I'd have preferred Shadowpact.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Harper honestly would have been fine. As would Sin, or Ellie from Morrison's Batman run.
    Attachment 91984

All of whom have much less of a following than Cass or are just minor characters, which would have left her on the table later for a more faithful portrayal
    Or even Holly Robinson.
    So JJ Abrams has finally stepped into the ring.

I'm more curious about the potential solo works this can result in for some of the JLD people then an actual JLD movie. Like, solo movies or TV shows for Zatanna, Constnatine, Etrigan, or Deadman? Heck yes .

Ha! This has been in development hell for how long? I’m mixed on JJ, I think he’s a hack, but a hack who can still make enjoyable if messy and derivative films.
    If we get a good JLD film before a good regular JL......lol.
    Anyway Daniel Craig as John Constantine. Make it happen.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-21-2020 at 09:52 PM.

One positive about J.J. is that he's not a creator known for shying away from edgy, mature and sexy elements in his stories or toning things down to be more kid-friendly. This means that he can, if nothing else, be trusted to maintain that stuff when adapting these characters to the screen. So maybe we get an actual Constantine show with all the mature and kid-unfriendly glory it's known for (and bring back Matt Ryan!), and maybe Zatanna is playful and sexy like this...

and not... this.

Hopefully they bring back the Swamp Thing series while they're at it.

Anyways, I'll see how this goes. Hope we do get that real Constantine series and better yet the Zatanna series, and hope it all comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    One positive about J.J. is that he's not a creator known for shying away from edgy, mature and sexy elements in his stories or toning things down to be more kid-friendly. This means that he can, if nothing else, be trusted to maintain that stuff when adapting these characters to the screen. So maybe we get an actual Constantine show with all the mature and kid-unfriendly glory it's known for (and bring back Matt Ryan!), and maybe Zatanna is playful and sexy like this...

and not... this.

Anyways, I'll see how this goes. Hope we do get that real Constantine series and better yet the Zatanna series, and hope it all comes together.
    Whats that concept art for ? I mean it seems to be leaning into the "Street magician" thing they alternate with Zatanna

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

and not... this.

The latter image looks more in line with Abrams and del Toro's sensibilities. In fact, I'm pretty sure Zatanna wore something similar when she first appeared in Hellblazer.

Her current outfit in Justice League Dark could work as a base outfit in a tv show/movie. It's not that different from Scarlet Witch's MCU look.

http://https://images.app.goo.gl/iG6CWN9rKz4ECs688

The Dark Universe look could work as a flashback look. Maybe she went through a punk phase in her early 20s?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-22-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Thank god, finally progr...

... meh. Ok.
    Lmao you aren’t getting another JL film until Battison comes out and we see how people like him and they either reboot Superman or bring back Cavill. I don’t know why people keep expecting any JL news before those two things happen. Earliest you’ll get another JL movie is 2025.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao you aren’t getting another JL film until Battison comes out and we see how people like him and they either reboot Superman or bring back Cavill. I don’t know why people keep expecting any JL news before those two things happen. Earliest you’ll get another JL movie is 2025.
    Reeves seems to want Battison separated from the rest of the DCEU though.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Reeves seems to want Battison separated from the rest of the DCEU though.
    And Pattinson has said that he “doesn’t see Batman as a superhero.” (Eye roll) Which leads me to believe he wouldn’t want to be a part of a blockbuster superhero team up movie.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    And Pattinson has said that he “doesn’t see Batman as a superhero.” (Eye roll) Which leads me to believe he wouldn’t want to be a part of a blockbuster superhero team up movie.
    Exactly. They are approaching the character like Nolan and Bale did.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/rosario...ay-1202837081/

Not sure how relevant this is here, but Rosario Dawson is set to star in DMZ series as an original character.

I remember Reeves being fine with it being set in the DCEU back when Affleck was still attached to it, but he might be completely done with that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Whats that concept art for ? I mean it seems to be leaning into the "Street magician" thing they alternate with Zatanna
    It was for the Guillermo Del Toro JLD movie, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Her current outfit in Justice League Dark could work as a base outfit in a tv show/movie. It's not that different from Scarlet Witch's MCU look.

http://https://images.app.goo.gl/iG6CWN9rKz4ECs688

The Dark Universe look could work as a flashback look. Maybe she went through a punk phase in her early 20s?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they go with this look.

I think it's really boring, especially for a Zatanna costume, but it would probably make sense for a live-action film if they go with the JLD tone and aesthetic.