Page 170 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 701201601661671681691701711721731741802202706701170 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ray Fischer
    Ezra Miller
    Henry Cavill
    Ben Affleck

Yeah the Snyderverse is dead at this point. Hope we get a new rebooted Superman soon. The Flash directors will probably just cast someone else.
    Finally glad WB is finally moving on, they missed every major step for their DCEU. It's time to wipe and try again.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Rumor. Ray fisher done as cyborg?

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...vie-happening/

John campea talks about flash.

I don't mind losing Miller, but I kind of feel or Fisher like I feel for Cavill.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Rumor. Ray fisher done as cyborg?

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...vie-happening/

John campea talks about flash.

I wouldn’t trust We Got This Covered because they’re a bait website. But everyone can conclude Cyborg is not returning and they just don’t want to announce it because of bad PR over the fact that only black character in JL is the one to not get a film. Out of all the 2014 announcement of films, all JL members have had a film or an update that the film is still happening except Cyborg. I think Ray Fisher could’ve carried his own but they didn’t give him a enough material in JL to generate interest as well as the comics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Because the studio and directors attached don't want a dark Flash film. Basically, Ezra Miller is about to join Ben Affleck and Will Smith in being recasted. We truly are in a new era for DC. Next up, Henry Cavill.
    Henry Cavill is the only one from the group who I think is a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, all credit to him as an actor, but I won't miss Ezra Miller's (Kid) Flash in the event he gets recasted.
    I'm in the same boat. I personally think the Flash franchise will be better without him. I think that WB has already decided to recast. Seriously who does he think he is?! Plus the dude is in cringe worthy in promotional interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Yeah, this is lose/lose for Miller. The studio is going to go with the directors.
    Why would they want an actor who is clashing with the directors in pre-production? It will likely only get worse. I've always said that it would probably be best if Hamada/the new regime were able to cast "their" Flash and not Snyder's Flash. It worked out for Wonder Woman and Aquaman but the idea that it will keep "just working itself out" is rather naive. It's not like the guy is even close to being a box office draw or recognized sized name.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 03-18-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I would rather DC let the CW Flash show finish its run before trying a movie franchise (same goes for Supergirl). I think double-dipping in live action like this isn't really a great idea, unless the stories are very different. For instance, Smallville, Krypton and Supergirl aren't really stepping on the toes of a live action Superman movie because none of them are about Clark Kent as an adult having adventures with Lois Lane at the Daily Planet while also flying around saving the world as Superman (well, the last couple of seasons of Smallville came close, but there weren't any Superman movies at that time)

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I would rather DC let the CW Flash show finish its run before trying a movie franchise (same goes for Supergirl). I think double-dipping in live action like this isn't really a great idea, unless the stories are very different. For instance, Smallville, Krypton and Supergirl aren't really stepping on the toes of a live action Superman movie because none of them are about Clark Kent as an adult having adventures with Lois Lane at the Daily Planet while also flying around saving the world as Superman (well, the last couple of seasons of Smallville came close, but there weren't any Superman movies at that time)
    The only thing I think a Flash movie, at the moment, could pull off that the show hasn't already done well is give us a full-on Rogues team for The Flash to fight.

I mean, the TV show pretty much did pitch-perfect adaptions of Reverse-Flash and Grodd. It was The Rogues where they stumbled because Captain Cold and Heat Wave got shipped off to Legends and they never really did much else with the other main Rogues.

I guess we could also see a Flash that doesn't need a STAR Labs situation to be a Superhero.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I wasn't Miller's biggest fan but I was willing to see where it went. I feel like having half a connected Universe is so much more awkward than starting new or sticking by the old one. Stand alone films are great, but if they decide to make another team movie, I don't care what anyone says, it's going to be hard to pull off without being very awkward and mish-mashed. No amount of in-story retconning is going to salvage the perception of a Frankenstein franchise.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I am kind of hoping that WB puts a woman in charge so that in addition to Wonder Woman 1984 and Birds of Prey we get a Supergirl and a Batgirl movie and maybe even a real Catwoman movie.
    Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel proved that female characters can carry a movie. And in addition to the ones I mentioned, DC has a lot of other great female characters.
    I would rather focus on pedigree than gender, when selecting a film studio head, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Finally glad WB is finally moving on, they missed every major step for their DCEU. It's time to wipe and try again.
    My only fear is we’ll get ANOTHER Superman origin story or yet another movie with Lex/Zod as the main villain. Otherwise I completely agree, wipe everything Snyder did except Gal and Moama and start over.

Mighty Member

double post... sorry
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 03-18-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only thing I think a Flash movie, at the moment, could pull off that the show hasn't already done well is give us a full-on Rogues team for The Flash to fight.

I mean, the TV show pretty much did pitch-perfect adaptions of Reverse-Flash and Grodd. It was The Rogues where they stumbled because Captain Cold and Heat Wave got shipped off to Legends and they never really did much else with the other main Rogues.

I guess we could also see a Flash that doesn't need a STAR Labs situation to be a Superhero.
    Well... a movie could give us a more individually competent/confident Flash who doesn't need a random team to fulfill relative "duties." That alone would make a Flash solo film more exciting/interesting. Along with consistent speed levels that made sense.

Fantastic Member

Sorry but Mr. Miller's interpretation just wasn't' Barry' more Bart! The one interpretation I thought they messed. Know a different medium but if you're adapting a character you should be faithful. The CW' s Isn't spot-on either, but can see our fledgling Barry there. Snyder version' way off the mark. A recasted standalone feature is probably the best option moving forward.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Sorry but Mr. Miller's interpretation just wasn't' Barry' more Bart! The one interpretation I thought they messed. Know a different medium but if you're adapting a character you should be faithful. The CW' s Isn't spot-on either, but can see our fledgling Barry there. Snyder version' way off the mark. A recasted standalone feature is probably the best option moving forward.
    Yeah I would definitely say that his version was a hybrid of Barry/Bart but more Bart. I think we would be seeing more of the same with him in a solo movie especially if they go with a script that he writes. It is just such a bad idea if they are actually considering giving him this much undeserved power. They already have a finished script!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I would rather focus on pedigree than gender, when selecting a film studio head, thank you very much.
    Yeah focusing on gender or a demographic rarely is for the best. Pedigree and "qualified" should be the biggest considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    No matter how much certain elements of society try to deny it there are aspects where women think different than men and I feel a woman would be more inclined to have more movies with female characters than a man would.
    I am sure there are plenty of competent women that could fill the role.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 03-19-2019 at 08:15 AM.