Page 198 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 981481881941951961971981992002012022082482986981198 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It said there would be a “monstrous female character”. So two possible candidates are Rampage and Giganta.
    I mean monstrous can be very vague and up to interpretation. Are we talking like a monster like a Frankstein type or someone really evil?

Like a Louis Lincoln Killer Frost could fit that really evil side or maybe they use a monstrous looking Cheetah from WW84 if she doesn't die. Tons of possibilities.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Honestly I feel like that little kid Joker made smile with his hands is Bruce. The Waynes I think will be portrayed as evil business types that will be the villains of the film and it will probably end with their death or some implication that their death will happen soon. Kinda like the Sopranos. That's about as close to Batman as we will probably see. I'm surprised that we see Arkham at all.
    Dante Pereira-Olson plays Bruce Wayne in the movie and that was definitely Dante Pereira-Olson.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Oversea box office projections for Shazam! are looking bleak. Its having the worst opening for a cbm in south korea, germany, france italy and its underperforming in the uk. Bombing hard.

Domestic box office projections are better. Looking like a $55 million opening weekend. Don't know why they sandwiched it between Captain Marvel and Endgame. This movie will be lucky to hit $500 million worldwide.
    Last edited by Krypto's Fleas; 04-04-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Oversea box office projections for Shazam! are looking bleak. Its having the worst opening for a cbm in south korea, germany, france italy and its underperforming in the uk. Bombing hard.

Domestic box office projections are better. Looking like a $55 million opening weekend. Don't know why they sandwiched it between Captain Marvel and Endgame. This movie will be lucky to hit $500 million worldwide.
    Good news is the movie only cost about $90 million. Even $400 million would be a substantial profit.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Good word of mouth can help it. People just like it a lot. If it's really good, kids will embrace it.

Shazam is small time and a new line production it was never going to be a big release especially in between two marvel movies

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Good news is the movie only cost about $90 million. Even $400 million would be a substantial profit.
    I hear you, but terribly bad optics during this period of CBM's.

Has a Marvel movie ever failed to crack $400 worldwide? What did Ant-Man do?

Just looked it up, Ant-Man hit $180 domestically and $340 foreign. I don't think Shazam is even going to break $150 foreign. SMH.

On Shazam's budget, anything between 400-500M would be a success. Not every cheaper comic book film needs to perform like Deadpool or Venom to be seen as a success.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Both The Incredible Hulk (2008) and Captain America: First Avenger (2011) failed to hit 400M WW.

Damn that's crazy. Whoever thought leaving Shazam between Captain Marvel and Endgame was a good idea is gonna have egg on their face.

How is it crazy though, Shazam doesn't have an Aquaman budget, so what does it matter if it makes less money. Did people expect this to make Wonder Woman numbers?
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-04-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I wasn't expecting much from the Box Office but putting it in the same month as Avengers was...not a good idea it seems. I mean yeah it has weeks to itself but people are buying Avengers tickets in advance and were most likely saving their money for Avengers.

Shazam is an unknown, unproven character to the GA. It doesn't have any star power nor is DC considered a strong enough brand comparable to Marvel, yet (Thanks Snyder/Kevin/WB). Those numbers are to be expected.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I gotta admit, that Joker trailer looks way, way better than anything I had expected.

I mean, I'm all for stand-alone films and have little interest in the cinematic shared universe, but I had no interest in a Joker movie and an origin almost feels blasphemous. Like, this was an easy pass from the start. But this looked extremely well done. Like damn.

Glad to hear Shazam is solid. Wife and I have considered taking the kids but we saw Captain Marvel twice and already have our Endgame tickets (which I'll probably seeing twice as well). That's a lot of theater time for us, and the idea of sitting through another movie.......yeah I dunno if it's happening.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.