Page 345 of 379 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 5671
  1. #5161
    Fantastic Member Castling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's a solo because the characters aren't viewed as popular enough to ever support a solo film. BoP is a solo in the same vein I'd consider the Fantastic Four a solo project - the MCU will never have a Ben Grimm solo pic, he'll always be in a FF movie. Likewise I don't see any of these characters getting a solo movie, they'll only ever be on BoP or other team movies. Doesn't matter if comics wise their from their own franchises, chances are WB view their cinematic prospects as one franchise, the BoP, and not as several solo franchises coming together ala Avengers or Justice League. So yeah, BoP is a solo "team" film as opposed to a multiple franchises crossover team film.
    I believe WB/DC is considering a Black Canary movie.

  2. #5162
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I get what you mean. Honestly I think DC should go the James Bond/Burton & Schumacher approach with their universe. Where even if actors change or swamp out, it's basically that same version of the character. Think different actors almost like different art styles or creative teams on an ongoing. Then have a seperate Black/Vertigo or whatever label for stuff like Joker and another for animated big screen projects. (DC needs more of these)
    I don't think we need to go to that extent. I feel like more people, with certain properties now, expect a more serialized nature to these franchise films (aside from the aforementioned Bond), otherwise it gets regarded as a clear reboot. So one Batman actor has their tenure and the next is a new version rather then just the same one who looks completely different and has a completely different or sporadically same supporting cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Black Canary is being received well enough that there's already talk of a solo BC movie or a Green Arrow/Black Canary movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I believe WB/DC is considering a Black Canary movie.
    Is there any official report for this?

    I don't see a Green Arrow/Black Canary movie happening unless we get R-rated Green Arrow. So...Longbow Hunters I guess?

  3. #5163
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, does it really count as hijacking when she's the only reason the BoP are getting a movie? I mean, we can always dream that without her a "true" BoP movie would have happened some day...but that's just a dream.
    And yet WB is making a Trench movie from Aquaman? Really?

    I think BoP would eventually have been made. Is there any reason why New Gods is coming out? I think BoP is a bit more popular even without Margot.

  4. #5164
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The others were wall paper the from the start. The minute Robbie swapped the movie from GCS to BOP. The minute we saw the shots of Harley in lots of different costumes while everyone had just one.

    The minute we heard the full title.
    Personally I'm glad to hear others were breakout stars since this whole thing smells of Robbie not wanting any serious competition.

    I liked the poster and as a Harley fan I'm looking forward to this movie. I'm not happy that she hijacked BOP but I don't care enough to be really upset. Also not surprised that this is a Harley Quin movie
    Black Canary has at least 5 different wardrobe changes. You can tell this from the behind the scenes pics and the teaser.

    They didn't swap BoP for GCS. Margot was given a choice and choose BoP.
    Last edited by Stromberg; 09-21-2019 at 12:49 PM.

  5. #5165
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    And yet WB is making a Trench movie from Aquaman? Really?

    I think BoP would eventually have been made. Is there any reason why New Gods is coming out? I think BoP is a bit more popular even without Margot.
    Because they met with Ava Duvernay for DC movies and she said she wanted to do New Gods.

  6. #5166
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. A lot of the tone and style of this movie seems catered to Harley, so I imagine that's part of it. And the premise was something Robbie wanted.

    Tell that to DC shoving Harley into the comics Birds of Prey. Although I think that's not really important to my overall point.
    Going by Yan’s previous movie, this movie seems 100% her.

  7. #5167
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't know, but what I do know is that in the corporate world if you choose to publicly throw shade at someone you've closely worked with on an executive level in the past, then things must have really gone sour with that person. That's not what corporate executives usually tend to do, regardless of how much time has passed since Nelson last worked with Johns. She must have had a really bad experience with him to tweet something like that.
    By the way she slowly sucked Johns away from comics away since New 52 going into Rebirth, I’m going to say the feelings probably mutual. Also, she’s probably salty he’s still at DC while she’s not.

  8. #5168
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Because they met with Ava Duvernay for DC movies and she said she wanted to do New Gods.
    I get that she's a critically acclaimed director with Academy nominations, but 'A Wrinkle In Time' lost a lot of money. I'm just implying that BOP eventually would have made it onscreen without Robbie. If you look at their DCEU Wikipedia page they are trying to get all their IP's onscreen.

  9. #5169
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Black Canary is being received well enough that there's already talk of a solo BC movie or a Green Arrow/Black Canary movie.
    The first I'm hearing of this rumor, but if it is true and not just the usual unfounded internet BS, then I suppose I should re-think my stance - WB doesn't view these characters as popular enough to ever start in a solo film, but if one of them gets enough popularity in the team movie then they'll consider spinning them out into their own franchise. But largely, BoP is considered one franchise that could spin into other franchises, instead of several franchises spinning into one like we comic fans think of it.

    Again, a revision made based on an internet rumor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I believe WB/DC is considering a Black Canary movie.
    Still today's the first I'm hearing of this, where is this rumor coming from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    And yet WB is making a Trench movie from Aquaman? Really?

    I think BoP would eventually have been made. Is there any reason why New Gods is coming out? I think BoP is a bit more popular even without Margot.
    Aquaman made over a billion dollars, of course their making a Trench movie, there's probably two or three more spin offs planned we don't know about. You make a billion dollars, you milk it and don't stop milking it until it runs dry.

    And I disagree, I don't think BoP would have eventually been made otherwise. Maybe if there was a Killing Joke movie and Babs really took off in it or something. But doubtful.
    But hey, like I said, it is a dream, I'm not going to say you shouldn't dream. But should we really start wishing movies like this don't get made based solely on our dreams for better versions?

  10. #5170
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Going by Yan’s previous movie, this movie seems 100% her.
    Fair enough. I have no experience with her previous films, although it also seems pretty in-line with what one might expect from a Harley Quinn movie.

  11. #5171
    Spectacular Member The_Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, does it really count as hijacking when she's the only reason the BoP are getting a movie? I mean, we can always dream that without her a "true" BoP movie would have happened some day...but that's just a dream.
    Kind of. Not getting done now still gives it a chance to be done right later (as in a movie that has the BoP not only as main focal point but also a bit more CB accurate). Done now means its done; no chance for an accurate version outside some fan films that seem to be shot down rather fast recently (the good ones at least).

    At one point I'll most likely watch the BoP movie. I feel the source material too disrespected to drag myself into the big screen, but probably around the bluray release and since its a DCEU movie I might even get the steelbook since it will look silly to have the cheap plasic case between all the other steelbooks. Either that or I'll completely give up; which would make it a tad bit poetic to have it started with MoS and ended with Supes accompanying Cap Marvel into the school cafeteria. Depends a bit on what tangible release plans DC/WB give out till the BoP BluRay and if its even worth my time following the DCEU anymore. Right now there is only noise with BoP and WW being the only ones finished enough to actually expect arriving. Hell, I'm still not convinced that The Rock will actually play Black Adam regardless of being talked about and agreed upon for years now. Or probably because of that.

    I'm drifting. To make it short. I'll watch it later; I'll hope its good. Regardless of that I prefer it had not been done now since than it at least had the chance to be more accurate with its comic.

  12. #5172
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Because they met with Ava Duvernay for DC movies and she said she wanted to do New Gods.
    Yeah New Gods is happening because if Ava, not the property itself. Not saying it wouldn't get it's own movie eventually, just that her choice sped up the process.

    Also there are plans for Plastic Man and Booster/Beetle, any property can become huge now. The comic popularity certain characters had or lacked doesn't matter if they're done well on the silver screen
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  13. #5173
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I get that she's a critically acclaimed director with Academy nominations, but 'A Wrinkle In Time' lost a lot of money. I'm just implying that BOP eventually would have made it onscreen without Robbie. If you look at their DCEU Wikipedia page they are trying to get all their IP's onscreen.
    What is “eventually”? Are we forgetting how long Wonder Woman came to the screen? Are we forgetting that we still don’t have a Man of Steel sequel in how long? Are we forgetting about the Flash?

    Nothing is certain at WB/DC

  14. #5174
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,800

    Default

    It kind of amazes me how difficult it's been for them to get a Flash movie going.

  15. #5175
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It kind of amazes me how difficult it's been for them to get a Flash movie going.
    WB really loves Ezra to put up with all his bullshit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •