Page 458 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558958 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 20948

I still honestly would not be surprised if they just used Flashpoint as an excuse to ignore/retcon the first Justice League and put Pattinson in the same universe as Gadot and Momoa.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    You’re the one being confusing here. I’ve been talking about the continuity, not directors.
    If they were to decide to start making another JL movie tomorrow (unlikely but possible) they would probably keep continuity because they would definitely use Gadot’s WW, Momoa’s Aquaman and Levi’s Shazam. Superman and Batman, not so much.
    NOT because the characters are has-beens but because the DCEU versions specifically are considered tainted in a way the others are not.
    I now see where the miscommunication is - WB doesn't care about continuity, they'll just retcon Batman and Superman but keep Wonder Woman and Aquaman. The Snyder stuff won't be in continuity anymore. This isn't the comics. So yeah, the previous Batman and Superman doesn't matter, rebooted versions will appear alongside the DCEU characters that worked. New Batman, new Superman, same Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

To put it another way, they'll reboot new versions into the DCEU and not bother explaining it.

BANNED

Depnends on ifbthe Batman is in the Dceu.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    To put it another way, they'll reboot new versions into the DCEU and not bother explaining it.
    What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Depnends on ifbthe Batman is in the Dceu.
    It probably is, and even if it isn't the DCEU will still have a new Batman one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    What's wrong with that?
    Never said that there was anything wrong with it. Merely clarifying that's what I expect will happen. I actually think it's a good thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    What's wrong with that?
    NOTHING.

Star Trek has made a career of it. See the variations of Klingons, Battle of Wolf 360, Wesley Crusher and Voyager-somehow having an endless supply of shuttles.

Flashpoint is obviously going to retcon pattinson into the present dceu
    That would fix a lot of things and bring the bat universe into cohesion

Still you have to wonder where the movies are set. If its a period piece like Joker then something like that wouldn't work since reeves is doing a trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Flashpoint is obviously going to retcon pattinson into the present dceu
    That would fix a lot of things and bring the bat universe into cohesion

Still you have to wonder where the movies are set. If its a period piece like Joker then something like that wouldn't work since reeves is doing a trilogy
    I don't think they need to fix it with Flashpoint, especially since that film keeps running into trouble. Just retcon it without explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    As far as comic book accuracy in costuming, sure there are embellishments (zippers, a belt...) but these costumes are basically the same except one is pants and one is shorts and since they have her inAttachment 92112 pants they put the fishnet on top.
    Maybe if you squint at it, but taken together overall they look like two very different outfits to me with very different visuals.

At best it's a reference.

Any major shared universe is going to have inconsistencies. I honestly think its crazy though that nearly every time a new piece of DCEU media is on the horizon, we get people saying, "They're going to use it as an opportunity to reboot the DCEU!" People we're saying this for Wonder Woman, for the Flash movie and I've even heard it said about the recent crossover on the Flash tv show...

Normal people really don't care and I hope WB knows this.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Nah. Just about the only people who seriously thought WW1984 would retcon the timeline were fans of Grace Randolph, who has a history of making up nonsense. People had been speculating about Flashpoint bringing about continuity changes ever since it was first announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Nah. Just about the only people who seriously thought WW1984 would retcon the timeline were fans of Grace Randolph, who has a history of making up nonsense. People had been speculating about Flashpoint bringing about continuity changes ever since it was first announced.
    It would have been cool for Diana to redefine the movie universe though. Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins have earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It would have been cool for Diana to redefine the movie universe though. Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins have earned it.
    Why? Not even James Wan dared to do it with Aquaman. He liked JL fine (he commented so on twitter after he saw it back in 2018).

JL wasn't terrible, it had good stuff, mostly character moments. It just wasn't great like it should, but it's all WB and Snyder's fault.