Page 109 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 959991051061071081091101111121131191592096091109 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When I was watching GLASS today, it occurred to me that this movie and SHAZAM! could be in their own shared universe. They both take place in Philadelphia, they both have a character who lives in a foster home with a bunch of other kids and they both have people talking about super-heroes.
    Hell, cast that girl from Glass as Mary Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Like others have said, Diana's powers are still developing in her film. She isn't at her full strength. The bullets and bracelets thing being iconic and needing to stick around unfortunately means that we will probably be plagued by "is she immune to bullets or not?" debates for all time, but I think those weapons would be about as ineffective against her than Arthur, if not more so.

She held her own against Doomsday. Her hits didn't deal quite as much damage as Clark's maybe, but her better experience means she avoided being hit as much as him and could deal out more attacks. And while she lost against Superman way too quickly in JL, she still dealt him more of a blow than Aquaman who got swatted aside. Which is about where that ranking should be IMO.
    Oh I think Diana should be overall more powerful than Arthur as it has always been. But I do like that the Aquaman film showed Arthur being incredibly powerful. I like that DC doesn't shy away from making their characters larger-than-life.

And that scene in JL when Superman toys with everyone sucked hard. Made them look pointless.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Oh I think Diana should be overall more powerful than Arthur as it has always been. But I do like that the Aquaman film showed Arthur being incredibly powerful. I like that DC doesn't shy away from making their characters larger-than-life.

And that scene in JL when Superman toys with everyone sucked hard. Made them look pointless.
    Agreed about Aquaman.

I don't have much of an issue with the Superman scene aside from the WW bits (specifically the lasso not working and her getting knocked out too quickly). It is sometimes taken for granted by some fans that he's the strongest and he'd steamroll over most of them if he cut loose. With the absence of the likes of J'onn, Shazam and/or a GL, and Barry being a complete rookie who barely knows how to fight and use his powers, Diana's showing is the only questionable one. Aquaman, Cyborg, Batman and inexperienced Barry* pretty much played out exactly as they should have, especially since they have shown they are not great at working as a team yet. Arthur didn't even become the full formed Aquaman as we know him until his movie.

*A veteran, speed force using Barry (or Wally) would be a much different story. As it is, it works. Movie still sucks though, for a multitude of other reasons.

Diana showed that she could hold her own against Doomsday so she could definitely stand up to Superman. She wasn’t trying much offense since she knew he wasn’t in his right mind. She was basically just trying to talk him down up until the point she had to head butt him.

Honestly, I feel like they should just recast the role of the Flash for the DCEU. Ezra Miller is the reason The Flash film keeps being delayed, due to his commitment to other films. At this rate, keeping him as Flash means we won't get his solo film until at least 2022, or even 2023 depending on what WB does with Fantastic Beasts.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Honestly, I feel like they should just recast the role of the Flash for the DCEU. Ezra Miller is the reason The Flash film keeps being delayed, due to his commitment to other films. At this rate, keeping him as Flash means we won't get his solo film until at least 2022, or even 2023 depending on what WB does with Fantastic Beasts.
    Maybe that is a good thing. A Flash movie is always going to be compared to the Flash TV show. And the TV show will probably wrap up by then. 2023 would be the TV show's 9th season and I don't think
    Flash will do a Smallville and get anything like 10 seasons. So a movie will be all the fans of Flash have left and fans will be more willing to give the movie a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Seems like a no-brainer. Let the solo films stand on their own merits with some respectful nods to other characters. Sort of like the paraplegic foster child in Shazam wearing an Aquaman t-shirt in the preview. No need to rush into another crossover.

I noticed after seeing Aquaman that Arthur is certainly more "invulnerable" than Diana in Wonder Woman, who is susceptible to bullet fire apparently. While bullets and grenades and lasers can certainly affect Arthur they don't necessarily harm him to any fatal extent. She may be physically stronger and certainly faster (on land). Are we sure Diana is more powerful than Arthur in the movieverse? I think the heaviest thing she's lifted is a tank whereas Arthur lifted (or at least moved) a nuclear submarine.
    As long as hes in, near, surrounded by or recently have been in the ocean he peaks. Kind of like Supes close to the sun. Inside the ocean he and Supes are on equal raw power level. Not sure when that was established, but definitely before even the DCEU was a thing. In one of the rebirth issues a sniper managed to get past the bullet deflecting bracers of Wonder Woman and shot right through her; the heart possibly from the looks of it. The result, besides a short knockdown from the blast, was a very angry but otherwise unharmed Diana who rushed to the Sniper to rough her up. My guess is Wolverine type regeneration/immortality. The bracers are just to keep the outfit clean.

If they do it like Marvel by skillfully crafting around and towards it its a good thing. If it means more disconnected solo stuff like Catwoman, that upcoming Joker flick or The Batman (of which I heard nothing proof-worthy that its part of DCEU)... meh... a good thing for my wallet.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 01-20-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Agreed about Aquaman.

I don't have much of an issue with the Superman scene aside from the WW bits (specifically the lasso not working and her getting knocked out too quickly). It is sometimes taken for granted by some fans that he's the strongest and he'd steamroll over most of them if he cut loose. With the absence of the likes of J'onn, Shazam and/or a GL, and Barry being a complete rookie who barely knows how to fight and use his powers, Diana's showing is the only questionable one. Aquaman, Cyborg, Batman and inexperienced Barry* pretty much played out exactly as they should have, especially since they have shown they are not great at working as a team yet. Arthur didn't even become the full formed Aquaman as we know him until his movie.

*A veteran, speed force using Barry (or Wally) would be a much different story. As it is, it works. Movie still sucks though, for a multitude of other reasons.
    I get that Clark is the top dog but Arthur and Diana should be able to at least "contain" him to some degree. And I agree totally about the lasso not working at all. He should've come to his senses once she used it.

I sort of wish the Amazons were established to be superhuman/super-powered characters. This way there could've been potential for a historical flashback showing the supposed war between the Amazons and Atlanteans.

That was a great tv spot for shazam. Love the wanting to buy a lair scene. The want to buy a beer scene remind me of the 80s teen wolf movie.

Black Panther was announced as one of the nominees for Best Picture at the Oscars this year, which I think is a huge win for comic book and genre films in general. It's unfortunate that Wonder Woman wasn't able to garner one last year. While I think BP had a much larger cultural impact, WW definitely had its own kind of influence. Nonetheless, it's great to see comic book films getting greater recognition.

BP has 8 awards noms! Spider-verse is up for best animated film also! (plus a anime has a animated film nom also! About time. Why was your name not giving a nod when it was out?)

BP won't win with green book and the netflix movie getting all the buzz but it opens the door for comic book films.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Black Panther was announced as one of the nominees for Best Picture at the Oscars this year, which I think is a huge win for comic book and genre films in general. It's unfortunate that Wonder Woman wasn't able to garner one last year. While I think BP had a much larger cultural impact, WW definitely had its own kind of influence. Nonetheless, it's great to see comic book films getting greater recognition.
    That is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    They can go ahead and recast Lex Luthor while they’re at it. I don’t know what Snyder was on when he cast Jesse Eisenburg.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    They can go ahead and recast Lex Luthor while they’re at it. I don’t know what Snyder was on when he cast Jesse Eisenburg.
    Rebirth and Secret Origins, most likely.

Recasting half the universe will hurt it. Even one or two main recasts will raise eyebrows by itself, and the movies would have to be nearly flawless elsewhere for audiences to overlook it without confusion imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Rebirth and Secret Origins, most likely.

Recasting half the universe will hurt it. Even one or two main recasts will raise eyebrows by itself, and the movies would have to be nearly flawless elsewhere for audiences to overlook it without confusion imo.
    MCU recast War Machine and Hulk and Iron Man 2 is far from flawless.