Page 372 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2723223623683693703713723733743753763824224728721372 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 20948
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I actually enjoyed the Justice League. Might be my favorite DCEU movie just because I got to see all the big guns onscreen together.

However I think Snyder still posting snippets of his version that didn't come together comes off as sour grapes. It's almost been two years since the release of JL and I think it's time to let it go. Not enough people seem to be interested in the version that didn't make the cut. If they released the Snyder version I would definitely watch it.
    Okay but what is the actual problem here? Again, the Snyder Cut movement and whether or not people are interested is not relevant in this conversation. He is posting his work!!! He made something that he is proud of and is showing people! He is not sour about anything because he is the one who left the production in the first place!!! Where are you people getting this nonsense from

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    He's not forcing his narrative, but he gives and fuels his fans with more hope and reason to fight for the cause..
    That's a bad thing why?

Again, who cares? Nobody has directly answered why Snyder, someone in a creative profession, should not post his own work that he created, on a specific website where that is encouraged. It's not even as public as Twitter or Instagram, it's for him and his friends and fans who just want to see his work. What is the problem?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's dang frustrating for a DC fan that if a movie does poorly there's all this negativity from the fans and if a movie does well there's all this negativity from the fans. And it's coming from other DC fans! One would think they could at least enjoy talking with fellow DC fans about these movies, but t'ain't so.
    People on this site only care about Box Office returns and shared universe continuity

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's dang frustrating for a DC fan that if a movie does poorly there's all this negativity from the fans and if a movie does well there's all this negativity from the fans. And it's coming from other DC fans! One would think they could at least enjoy talking with fellow DC fans about these movies, but t'ain't so.
    A lot of the vocal ones are very reactionary when it comes to what they want produced, Jim. If it's not close to their expectations, it's garbage. Not much you can do about it, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    What's interesting for me is that, speaking in broad strokes, this kind of grounded dark realistic take on a Batman character is currently the only acceptable alternative to MCU action-comedies. Now Infinity War and Endgame were definitely more serious of course but still had their moments of low comedy. BvS may have had inherent flaws but like MoS, certain critics and fans flat out said the tone and philosophical approach was antithetical to what they wanted to see in a superhero movie. Meanwhile people are saying Joker "isn't a superhero movie" because of the tone of the movie, despite the fact it's pretty grounded in comic book lore.

Wonder Woman for me is the big exception here so maybe I'm speaking very generally, but even that had a balance of humor in it as well. I guess my point is that I'd love to see character studies that don't have to be gritty non-powered characters, without people saying "this takes itself too seriously".
    No disagreement with any of this, LR.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    That's a bad thing why?

Again, who cares? Nobody has directly answered why Snyder, someone in a creative profession, should not post his own work that he created, on a specific website where that is encouraged. It's not even as public as Twitter or Instagram, it's for him and his friends and fans who just want to see his work. What is the problem?
    Because his fanbase is cultish, toxic and ruin civil discourse. Theres also the general feeling that he should just move on instead of stirring the hornets nest every week or two.

The way people talk about the box office has simply become more and more removed from reality. A lot of this is because people attach a lot of ideological positions to it, with some people saying out right that a high box office means the film is 'good,' or that the film is 'culturally relevant' which is ridiculous.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The way people talk about the box office has simply become more and more removed from reality. A lot of this is because people attach a lot of ideological positions to it, with some people saying out right that a high box office means the film is 'good,' or that the film is 'culturally relevant' which is ridiculous.
    Box office returns do mean something at the time the film was released, but there are tons of movies that were popular over the years that are now forgotten or not critically well received today. The opposite is also true - there are many films that were panned or had bombed in the theaters that are now deemed classics by the critics. Nothing is carved in stone, IOW.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Meanwhile people are saying Joker "isn't a superhero movie" because of the tone of the movie, despite the fact it's pretty grounded in comic book lore.
    To be more accurate it's a 'villain movie', which there will be more of since they are much cheaper to produce with no big battle set pieces.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    To be more accurate it's a 'villain movie', which there will be more of since they are much cheaper to produce with no big battle set pieces.
    True, you could substitute it with "comic book movie".

It works for villains if they're non-powered.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Because his fanbase is cultish, toxic and ruin civil discourse. Theres also the general feeling that he should just move on instead of stirring the hornets nest every week or two.
    This. This obsession continues to divide the fandom..

Fantastic Member

Ever notice that everything is "cultish" now? Snyder fans are cultish, anti-Snyder people are cultish, Olicity fans are cultish, Laurel Lance fans are cultish...
    "Cultish" is the new word for; I have an opinion and anyone who has a different opinion is wrong and their opinion shouldn't be respected. It's not a particular group, it's almost every person on the internet because the internet has convinced people that their opinions should matter when in reality, they shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Ever notice that everything is "cultish" now? Snyder fans are cultish, anti-Snyder people are cultish, Olicity fans are cultish, Laurel Lance fans are cultish...
    "Cultish" is the new word for; I have an opinion and anyone who has a different opinion is wrong and their opinion shouldn't be respected. It's not a particular group, it's almost every person on the internet because the internet has convinced people that their opinions should matter when in reality, they shouldn't.
    Yeah, pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Two-Face looked fine. The suit in hindsight has it's issues but I think it worked well for the aesthetic they went with for those films and for the time it came out.
    Two-Face looked great. I wish he had more to do post-transformation.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Depressing for me, because this is exactly the kind of comic book movie I don't want.
    Movies like the Joker - that are clearly films set in a super hero setting - but inhabit radically different genres are important for the long term survivability of super heroes in film.

My fear is that the WB - and Sony more especially - will see the success of Joker and attempt to replicate its success without crafting an interesting narrative or hiring quality actors.