Page 148 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 48981381441451461471481491501511521581982486481148 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 20948
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Agreed. I actually prefer when Lex is a tall and attractive man. Not taller than Superman, though, and especially Not more handsome than Supes.
    Eisenberg was too goofy in BvS for me to take seriously. He definitely began to grow on me during the end credit scene in JL. though.

I haven't seen or read the DK Returns movie/story, but I know he tries to kill Superman, right? Do you like that story?
    He does not try to kill superman (he does beat the snot out of him however) in fact he uses the fight to fake his death. Superman hears his heartbeat and knows he is not really dead and does not say anything so bruce can go into hiding. If batman would have killed superman it would have messed up batman's plan.

BANNED

OK, makes sense I guess. I haven't seen or read the DK Returns movie/story, but I know he tries to kill Superman, right? Do you like that story?
    Superman is tasked by the president to go after Batman. Neither are trying to kill each other

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Eisenberg was too goofy in BvS for me to take seriously. He definitely began to grow on me during the end credit scene in JL. though.
    too goofy? how?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He does not try to kill superman (he does beat the snot out of him however) in fact he uses the fight to fake his death. Superman hears his heartbeat and knows he is not really dead and does not say anything so bruce can go into hiding. If batman would have killed superman it would have messed up batman's plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Superman is tasked by the president to go after Batman. Neither are trying to kill each other
    thank you guys, I haven't seen/read this story because I've heard among the Superman fandom that it doesn't do him any favors..

too goofy? how?
    https://youtu.be/pTuyfQ5CR4Q?t=63 ? :P

To be a tad more serious I did liked the Villain he played. I did not really got a Lex Luthor vibe from him though. Still would like him reassume the role since I do think he wants to be closer to the modern CB LL we know. The after-credits scene with him in JL, while short, did had a much better LL feeling IMO.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 02-20-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

While I wasn't pleased with the performance I do like the take of Luthor being essentially an evil Mark Zuckerberg -- its a modernization of the Luthor character that makes sense but I just wish they got Eisenberg to tone the wackiness in BvS like they had him do in the post-credit sequence of Justice League.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Harley Quinn, Cassandra Cain and Huntress from the BoP set:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Harley Quinn, Cassandra Cain and Huntress from the BoP set:

Purple pants? Is Huntress taking fashion advice from the Hulk?

I wonder if her jacket zipped up has the cross logo?

I really don't care for Cass and Harley apparently being close as these images seem to indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I really don't care for Cass and Harley apparently being close as these images seem to indicate.
    I knew that they were going to be this close the minute the plot was announced.

I feel like Huntress will be the terminator of the movie chasing after Cass and through some situation she'll learn that Black Mask killed her family. Then she'll help them and everything will be happily ever after till the next Harley Quinn movie.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

too goofy? how?
    Let's see:

1) Going spastic upon introducing Clark to Bruce Wayne
    2) Putting a candy into a senator's mouth.
    3) Ranting to Lois Lane about his agenda.
    4) Shouting during the ending scene about a bell ringing (yes, it's about Darkseid, but how does he know about that?)

My preferred version of Lex Luthor is less crazy and more calculating, as set up the John Byrne version. He is suppose to be an ego-maniac because he hates Superman for being the one element that he, in spite of his wealth, status and intellect, can't control...and that rubs him the wrong way.

But, we all have our favorite versions of established characters, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I feel like Huntress will be the terminator of the movie chasing after Cass and through some situation she'll learn that Black Mask killed her family. Then she'll help them and everything will be happily ever after till the next Harley Quinn movie.
    That's so not Huntress though...unless hse's hunting a criminal or mob boss .

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    While I wasn't pleased with the performance I do like the take of Luthor being essentially an evil Mark Zuckerberg -- its a modernization of the Luthor character that makes sense but I just wish they got Eisenberg to tone the wackiness in BvS like they had him do in the post-credit sequence of Justice League.
    Yeah. I get what they were going for about the whole goofy millennial being a more relevant take than the oldschool captain of industry people know from STAS, but he really needed to tone down the quirks. It's not limited to Eisenberg; it feels like ever since the Dark Knight, a whole bunch of actors playing villain roles want to add some weird tic or goofy voice to their character, and it usually ends up annoying.

edited post.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-21-2019 at 11:48 PM.

That's so not Huntress though...unless hse's hunting a criminal or mob boss .
    I do not think that one more fauxpas matters anymore.