Page 431 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531931 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 20948
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

And look at all the glorious things she's doing with just the lasso and bracelets. She doesn't need anything else. I also like how they emphasized her strength and fighting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Didn't get the feeling that this was poking fun at her weapons rather saw it as a callback to Nubia and her hilariously shocking "go for the Testicles" line from Injustice
    That panel was mocking the people who say stuff like “WW is a warrior of course she kills her enemies!” which isn’t at all how WW is supposed to be. I doubt Morrison has read Injustice, he was moreso taking shots at himself, Johns, Bendis, and other “big” writers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No but she generally isn't using that sword against normal guys with guns now is she.

Again, I am not asking for her to use a sword and shield all the time. Just when it is needed. The people who hate the sword and shield are the ones asking for it to be gone entirely. I'm just looking for a compromise here.

His Justice League run, Final Crisis and Earth One.
    He said that he was roasting himself as well as others, so he’s not being hypocritical about it. He knows he bears some of the responsibility for that characterization.

When is a sword and shield “needed” exactly? Swords are used for one thing: Killing. The Lasso lets her nonlethally take down people and foes. Her bracelets are what she uses to deflect bullets or blows. She doesn’t need either of those weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Shazam 2 has NOT been announced by WB.

https://screenrant.com/shazam-2-movi...ent-ccxp-2019/
    Yep, I said that a day or two ago.

I really hope the comics follow suit. I am sick and tired of Diana carrying a sword around everywhere.

Can we not hash out the sword no sword debate here? There's a place for it in the WW subforum.
    (But if you must know I'm pro-sword - just cause all the "Oh noes, she has a sword!" stuff has made me root for it)

Retired

E também ñao sentimos que o escudo era necessário -- And also we didn't feel that the shield was necessary.

My Portuguese lessons finally pay off.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status...57830164971521

The Flash has been given the release date of 07/01/2022.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

If it'll not end up being delayed again.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-11-2019 at 01:40 PM.

All-New Member

[ deleted ]
    Last edited by jennysparks; 12-11-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jennysparks View Post
    [ deleted ]
    DC's upcoming movies have all been deleted? Harsh, and after such nice recent successes too...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Are we finally getting a Flash movie ?

I dunno, just feel kind of numb to it after just watching Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That panel was mocking the people who say stuff like “WW is a warrior of course she kills her enemies!” which isn’t at all how WW is supposed to be. I doubt Morrison has read Injustice, he was moreso taking shots at himself, Johns, Bendis, and other “big” writers.

He said that he was roasting himself as well as others, so he’s not being hypocritical about it. He knows he bears some of the responsibility for that characterization.

When is a sword and shield “needed” exactly? Swords are used for one thing: Killing. The Lasso lets her nonlethally take down people and foes. Her bracelets are what she uses to deflect bullets or blows. She doesn’t need either of those weapons.
    WW hasn't had a no killing rule since the first DC reboot so a sword fits just fine in situations where she won't be able to non-lethally subdue someone. And because I know how these conversations tend to go, no, I don't want Diana killing all the time but the option doesn't have to be off the table.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    DC's upcoming movies have all been deleted? Harsh, and after such nice recent successes too...
    It's awful, isn't it?

(I wasn't confident in my comment and impulsively edited it. Sorry.)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    WW hasn't had a no killing rule since the first DC reboot so a sword fits just fine in situations where she won't be able to non-lethally subdue someone. And because I know how these conversations tend to go, no, I don't want Diana killing all the time but the option doesn't have to be off the table.
    But when she has it all the time, it looks like she thinks every situation is one where she won't be able to non-lethally subdo someone, especially when she's wielding it while the lasso is nowhere to be seen/on her waist being unused.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    But when she has it all the time, it looks like she thinks every situation is one where she won't be able to non-lethally subdo someone, especially when she's wielding it while the lasso is nowhere to be seen/on her waist being unused.
    To me it's just so random when she brings out a sword in a normal Superhero setting in other media, especially when she does it in thin air.

The worst instance was Justice League vs. The Fatal Five where it was tacked onto DCAU Diana and wasn't even needed.