Page 269 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1692192592652662672682692702712722732793193697691269 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    He showed interest in doing Adam Warlock but outside of that and finishing GotG Vol 3 I don't really see him wanting to stay at Marvel.
    I dunno. It seems like there wasn't any real bad blood and they let him come back to finish Vol. 3. I guess it's anyone's guess where it goes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. It seems like there wasn't any real bad blood and they let him come back to finish Vol. 3. I guess it's anyone's guess where it goes from there.
    I don't mean about bad blood or anything like that, just doesn't seem like he has expressed anymore interest in doing other Marvel properties besides the aforementioned Adam Warlock.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't mean about bad blood or anything like that, just doesn't seem like he has expressed anymore interest in doing other Marvel properties besides the aforementioned Adam Warlock.
    I think he still wants to play around in the Marvel Cosmic wheelhouse, which honestly I find more logical then Adam at this point .

I think he still wants to play around in the Marvel Cosmic wheelhouse, which honestly I find more logical then Adam at this point .
    Well see what happens after SS and GotG Vol 3.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

New Wonder Woman 1984 plot information:
    Remember how a good chunk of Batman v Superman revolved around that photo of Diana Prince that Bruce Wayne managed to get off Lex Luthor in order to stop the villain exposing Wonder Woman's existence to the world? Well, it seems that's being thrown out of the window in this film.

The 80s setting will see the Amazon Warrior acting as a spy during the Cold War, and her mission is reportedly to hunt down a "nefarious" Russian spy.

While that may sound covert, the site reveals that in Wonder Woman 1984, Diana is known as a superhero and that makes sense considering we've already seen her running through the streets of Washington D.C. and hanging out in a mall. The question is, do Zack Snyder's films no longer count?

As for Cheetah, we know that she's being played by The Martian's Kristen Wiig, but some new details about her origin story have now come to light. Apparently, Barbara Minerva is a huge fan of Wonder Woman's and wants to be just like her (further confirming that Diana is a publicly known superhero).

Well, Maxwell Lord offers to help her with this and while she's initially a hero, her beast side soon becomes more and more difficult to control. Understandably, this leads to the public turning on her and she inevitably becomes a villain as a result, with Wonder Woman the only one capable of stopping her.

How does Maxwell Lord help transform Barbara into Cheetah? Well, Patty Jenkins has changed his powers in a big way, and while his comic book counterpart can control people's minds, Pedro Pascal's version will have the ability to grant people's wishes...at a price (like an evil Genie?).

That explains why Cheetah ultimately loses control along with another major plot point which has been bugging fans.

We've been hearing rumblings about this for a while, but, yes, Lord is indeed the one who somehow brings Steve Trevor back to life.

The site doesn't reveal what the catch is, but they note that he has a plan and is "even said to transfer his soul to another… none other than Diana Prince’s beloved Steve Trevor." That may give Chris Pine the opportunity to play a very different type of character, and will almost certainly lead to heartbreak for the Amazon Warrior!

In the comics, Lord was granted his powers thanks to an alien invasion, but given Ares' role in Wonder Woman, how much do you want to bet that he's also a God of some sort?
    New Birds of Prey poster from CineEurope:

BANNED

is D★CU the new branding?

"DC Universe" makes as much sense as anything.

(Although I think ostensibly the Animated Features line is also officially called "DC Universe").

Retired

DC is the Line of Super-Stars.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    is D★CU the new branding?
    "DC Universe" makes as much sense as anything.

(Although I think ostensibly the Animated Features line is also officially called "DC Universe").
    It's a Spanish fanpage that added its own logo (D★CU) on the poster: https://twitter.com/DCUmx

The original poster is this one below:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-17-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm fine with them throwing away Snyder's view on WW. As for Maxwell Lord eh we'll see.

Before Gunn was fired off GotGv3, I remember reading that he has going to be guiding Marvel's cosmic side, and I don't imagine that will be changing. I personally thought his firing was all for show and Gunn himself knew it. They just needed the controversy surrounding him to go away while Disney was acquiring Fox. Marvel never even met with other people to replace him. Once it was over, they quickly unfired him. Gunn may be playing with some DC toys, but I don't see him leaving Marvel for them.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Before Gunn was fired off GotGv3, I remember reading that he has going to be guiding Marvel's cosmic side, and I don't imagine that will be changing. I personally thought his firing was all for show and Gunn himself knew it. They just needed the controversy surrounding him to go away while Disney was acquiring Fox. Marvel never even met with other people to replace him. Once it was over, they quickly unfired him. Gunn may be playing with some DC toys, but I don't see him leaving Marvel for them.
    The "controversy" was just some neo-fascist guys digging up old dirt. Disney's handling of the controversy arguably made it much worse, both in giving in to gamergate tactics and in the way they did it, with very little grounding or consultation. The reason they got Gunn back had less to do with planning but because Disney found themselves in a situation where they in effect found themselves in a lockout in replacing Gunn. The actors clearly wanted Gunn back, and potential directors didn't want to step in to replace Gunn.

If Disney had given a non-committal neutral statement ("we are aware of these tweets, and we will discuss them again with Gunn") the controversy would probably have been over within two weeks.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm fine with them throwing away Snyder's view on WW. As for Maxwell Lord eh we'll see.
    Lord sounds like he's probably going to have some kind of divine heritage to explain his abilities (so whether he'll be Lord In Name Only remains to be seen).

Although with all the rumors of Pascal playing Lord at this point, I think it's probably likely that's his character by this point.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GraceRand...141875715?s=19

Grace Randolph tweeted about the JJ Abrams/DC rumor. Apparently “a lot of people in Hollywood are talking about it.” That really means nothing but I’m still holding out hope. Would love to see Abrams named the next Superman Director. I think his name/brand could help revitalize the character. As long as he doesn’t use anything from his Superman: Flyby idea.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-18-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GraceRand...141875715?s=19

Grace Randolph tweeted about the JJ Abrams/DC rumor. Apparently “a lot of people in Hollywood are talking about it.” That really means nothing but I’m still holding out hope. Would love to see Abrams named the next Superman Director. I think his name/brand could help revitalize the character. As long as he doesn’t use anything from his Superman: Flyby idea.
    I guess if WB is going to acquire Bad Robot, they're best off making good use of Abrams...