Page 411 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511911 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Is Shazam part of Black Adam or will there be a movie where both meet? I haven't kept up with those developments but really like the Shazam movie.
    I think that it's been said that Black Adam will have his movie, Shazam 2 will happen and then they'll meet.

Which makes me hope that at least a good portion of Black Adam happens in the past, because his story by the New 52 is truly a tragic one, which doesn't shy away from his darkness at all, but also does give him a more heroic persona than just the Tyrant of Khandaq.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    She can wear heels. Works for Tom Cruise.

For red heads wigs, weaves and dyes can be used like they did for Mera
    At least either way, Zoë Kravitz or Eiza González, Catwoman will be a brunette again instead of a blonde.

Retired

If what Kevin Smith described actually happened in the Snyder cut, then I don't see it scratching the itch that folks have. Or rather, it's like when you have an itch and scratch it, you just itch even more. Because Smith said that the movie ends on a cllffhanger for the next movie that was supposed to be made (but never was).

So if and when the Snyder cut comes out--maybe on HBO Max to drive up their subscribers--all those howling for it will just become even more vocal about another movie that was never made. So I don't see the Snyder cut making all those people go away and live their lives in peace and quiet.

I do think they should put it on HBO Max, to help out that streaming service and hopefully get support for other DC shows on that channel, but I think the risk is you stir up a lot of other people, who really don't care right now. And they will join the Snyder cutters, so the outcry will actually increase, not decrease.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If it helps, his interpretation of Black Adam sounds very different from how the character was originally envisioned as well.
    Yeah true. I'd prefer the nuance of an anti-villain, not a badass anti-hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If what Kevin Smith described actually happened in the Snyder cut, then I don't see it scratching the itch that folks have. Or rather, it's like when you have an itch and scratch it, you just itch even more. Because Smith said that the movie ends on a cllffhanger for the next movie that was supposed to be made (but never was).

So if and when the Snyder cut comes out--maybe on HBO Max to drive up their subscribers--all those howling for it will just become even more vocal about another movie that was never made. So I don't see the Snyder cut making all those people go away and live their lives in peace and quiet.

I do think they should put it on HBO Max, to help out that streaming service and hopefully get support for other DC shows on that channel, but I think the risk is you stir up a lot of other people, who really don't care right now. And they will join the Snyder cutters, so the outcry will actually increase, not decrease.
    They’re already tweeting #BringZackBack lmao they’re never going to stop.

Retired

These days, when you give the people what they say they want, they just bellyache even more.

My V is for Vendetta
    Thought that I'd feel better
    But now I got a bellyache

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    If Snyder had been allowed to finish his movie or had WB scrapped the whole thing to start anew, even with Joss Whedon at the helm, it' would have at least made 700 millions. Sadly, it was an utter mess of a movie and everyone knew it before going to the theaters.
    I don't think Snyder finishing his movie would have made a beneficial difference, but maybe it WB had scrapped it and actually pushed back the release instead of haphazardly re-working it, things could have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Snyder finishing his movie would have made a beneficial difference, but maybe it WB had scrapped it and actually pushed back the release instead of haphazardly re-working it, things could have been different.

Imagine hating a director SO MUCH that you'd rather side with EVERY stupid decision made by studio execs than give him props. Jeez...

Mate, it's okay to say stupid things on internet once in a while. It's part of being human. But there's a limit for that.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post

Imagine hating a director SO MUCH that you'd rather side with EVERY stupid decision made by studio execs than give him props. Jeez...

Mate, it's okay to say stupid things on internet once in a while. It's part of being human. But there's a limit for that.
    This is why no one likes Snyder fans. All Frontier said was that the “Snyder Cut” would probably not have been a better seller over Whedon and he’s right. Before we knew anything about the changes Whedon made JL pre-sales were LESS than BvS.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-15-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Frontier is just speaking common sense. Scrapping JL completely (the earlier the better) would have been the smart thing to do.

And you realize you're saying a comment from a mod is stupid right, even though it's fairly benign?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This is why no one likes Snyder fans.
    Also this.

Retired

I hardly think it's that simplistic. If WB went with the original Snyder cut, they would have had the first part of a two part (or three part) story. That would mean they'd be attached to the Snyders for the next few years. They didn't see this direction as working out, so they wanted to change directions and make it a stand alone (albeit setting up possible other movies to be developed later). In hindsight, they would have been better to cut their losses and not release JUSTICE LEAGUE at all--and maybe make a different movie to be released later. It just doesn't seem worth all the money they sunk into it. However, I don't believe spending money is ever wrong--it always goes to other people, people spend that money in turn on things like food, housing, clothing and medicine. So the only loss is that some people didn't make more money--while the crew that worked on the various versions of JUSTICE LEAGUE did make more money.

Say what you want, but most of the films were mediocre at best at that point with or without Snyder, so it was a quick decision to try to save face (HA!) and brought in someone that at least help shepherd the MCU along. It does suck when someone plays with your vision though.

Astonishing Member

Geez dude, chill. All it took was for him to merely civilly disagree with the poster he was replying to’s assertion for you to get immediately riled up, lol.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-15-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I'll echo the sentiment that the original cut of JL would've been less of a loss financially since they wouldn't have spent a bunch of money on idiotic reshoots, but I doubt its overall box office prospects would've improved. I guess that's my biggest bit of skepticism about the idea that the original JL would've been the magic bullet that would've won over all the "haters" and been this huge Avengers-level success. The people who didn't like BVS probably weren't gonna like the sequel either.

Yes, flooding every DC and WB social media post to try to force them to release an incomplete version of a failed movie and reacting aggressively towards people with different opinions who were in no way, shape or form being disrespectful in their disagreement, does seem to go over the line a bit.