Page 413 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463513913 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 20948
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Completely agree. It's beyond me how some fans think that's good for Superman... Sigh.
    Look , there isn't one superman. There are multiple versions of him.Good depends on the context. For instance, are you willing to accommodate a vigilante superman or a weirdly genius superman. If you are then what's good for them might not be good for other versions.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's your fear. You are welcome to it. But, i want to see how the guy that died would have really returned. I want to know how the matrix and codex that contains people of Krypton itself inside Clark's cells played a part. Also, grieving someone's death isn't being weak willed pussy. Anyways, how many times has clark been taken over by just eclipso without any deaths of loved ones at all ? The antilife equation is an entirely different beast altogether. Also, the guy was taken over by maxwell Lord. New52 supes was pretty much jokerfied or did you forget. Superman is invulnerable not invincible. I am willing to take the risk.
    None of that is relevant. Mainstream audiences have never read those, and never will. Those are story beats that are annoying to the comics reading crowd, you want the general audience to start sharing it as well? Grieving someone isn't weak, but fridgeing the woman is a stupid cliche, and Clark wouldn't be able to overcome his grief and carry on on his own, he'd be taken over by evil and be the problem again. Batman would have to save the day again. Injustice was already damaging, and now they wanted to put it into an even bigger piece of media. Superman doesn't need it. It's not as if the final result of the JL we had turned the mainstream audiences off of him. That's only online Snyder fanboys who say that in an echo chamber. Cavill's Superman was actually fairly liked in JL (barring his lips, which is the main criticism everyone keeps talking about), the movie was just a dumpster fire in general. Snyder's cut would have been just as bad, just in a different way. This thing was always doomed and should have had the plug pulled on it as soon as the reaction to BvS happened.

It's ok that you want to take the risk. Thankfully, WB does not because they have a stronger indicator of how much of a bad business decision it would be to spend any more time and money on this stupid project and instead will choose to invest in projects with less baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    None of that is relevant. Mainstream audiences have never read those, and never will. Those are story beats that are annoying to the comics reading crowd, you want the general audience to start sharing it as well? Grieving someone isn't weak, but fridgeing the woman is a stupid cliche, and Clark wouldn't be able to overcome his grief and carry on on his own, he'd be taken over by evil and be the problem again. Batman would have to save the day again. Injustice was already damaging, and now they wanted to put it into an even bigger piece of media. Superman doesn't need it. It's not as if the final result of the JL we had turned the mainstream audiences off of him. That's only online Snyder fanboys who say that in an echo chamber. Cavill's Superman was actually fairly liked in JL (barring his lips, which is the main criticism everyone keeps talking about), the movie was just a dumpster fire in general. Snyder's cut would have been just as bad, just in a different way. This thing was always doomed and should have had the plug pulled on it as soon as the reaction to BvS happened.

It's ok that you want to take the risk. Thankfully, WB does not because they have a stronger indicator of how much of a bad business decision it would be to spend any more time and money on this stupid project and instead will choose to invest in projects with less baggage.
    Again, we don't know what or how the story was meant to play out. I was just saying those troupes existed before snyder. It was even used in supergirl. So it will be continued to be used as long as superman is perceived as the overdog .that too an overdog that people generally don't like to root for.
    your argument doesn't hold wait cause those who want to see snyder cut probably won't be the mainstream by your own admission. So, what do you have to fear if you really believe it. A movie for a niche audience with a superman you don't like. Nothing that will damage the ip.
    Sure, Cavill's superman in jl just didn't feel like a person to me. If that's the kind of superman we get from now on. If That's deemed 'great' . Then, I will gladly read something from the 1940's or something and think superman as the character it is today in the mainstream ain't for me. As for WB, we don't know what they will do.i think, i will wait it out.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Again, we don't know what or how the story was meant to play out. I was just saying those troupes existed before snyder. It was even used in supergirl. So it will be continued to be used as long as superman is perceived as the overdog .that too an overdog that people generally don't like to root for.
    your argument doesn't hold wait cause those who want to see snyder cut probably won't be the mainstream by your own admission. So, what do you have to fear if you really believe it. A movie for a niche audience with a superman you don't like. Nothing that will damage the ip.
    Sure, Cavill's superman in jl just didn't feel like a person to me. If that's the kind of superman we get from now on. If That's deemed 'great' . Then, I will gladly read something from the 1940's or something and think superman as the character it is today in the mainstream ain't for me. As for WB, we don't know what they will do.i think, i will wait it out.
    With what has been released on how it was meant to play out, and a track record from Snyder on his previous movies, it does not instill confidence.

It being used before Snyder is not a good reason to do it again. Because the tropes suck. The appearance in Supergirl sucked. If he's perceived as an overdog, there is any number of ways to challenge that perception within his own franchise. Do a film with Mxy or Brainiac or other Phantom Zone criminals. Don't mind control him and pit him against other heroes so they can be the underdogs we root for. I'm sick of that crap. Make us love Superman, other superheroes don't matter in this equation. They should have their own films for us to root for them in. Batman wins over him so much that Superman is practically the underdog in comparison. And while a JL film shouldn't' cater too much to only Superman, it shouldn't tear him down to prop anyone else up either.

JL's Superman was only deemed "great" in comparison to the joyless, exhausting experience we got in BvS. Audiences liked him at most, I wouldn't say they were overly in love with it, just that it was nice to see a confident Superman for a change and allow Cavill to show more range in emotions. But the movie as a whole sucked, and Superman's portrayal is just the scapegoat for the sour grapes coming from Snyder fanboys or the fans of other characters who they perceived as being slighted (when in reality, Affleck and Miller were killing any interest in this Batman and Flash all on their own, and WW and Aquaman were completely fine because people still liked them and went to their movies). By any measurable metric, JL Superman was just liked. People would just rather see something along those lines, just with a more coherent character arc and depth along the way. Because he certainly didn't get that in the DCEU. He didn't get anything like the 1940s in the DCEU either.

Look , there isn't one superman. There are multiple versions of him.Good depends on the context. For instance, are you willing to accommodate a vigilante superman or a weirdly genius superman. If you are then what's good for them might not be good for other versions.
    I like what I like. If something feels wrong for Superman I will say it. I don't hate everything Snyder did, but he made big mistakes in his DC movies in terms of portrayal, story and overall tone that really hurt Superman. If you love most of what he did, fine. But don't get surprised if a lot of fans, including general audiences didn't like it or donwright rejected it.

We can't make people like something if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    With what has been released on how it was meant to play out, and a track record from Snyder on his previous movies, it does not instill confidence.

It being used before Snyder is not a good reason to do it again. Because the tropes suck. The appearance in Supergirl sucked. If he's perceived as an overdog, there is any number of ways to challenge that perception within his own franchise. Do a film with Mxy or Brainiac or other Phantom Zone criminals. Don't mind control him and pit him against other heroes so they can be the underdogs we root for. I'm sick of that crap. Make us love Superman, other superheroes don't matter in this equation. They should have their own films for us to root for them in. Batman wins over him so much that Superman is practically the underdog in comparison. And while a JL film shouldn't' cater too much to only Superman, it shouldn't tear him down to prop anyone else up either.

JL's Superman was only deemed "great" in comparison to the joyless, exhausting experience we got in BvS. Audiences liked him at most, I wouldn't say they were overly in love with it, just that it was nice to see a confident Superman for a change and allow Cavill to show more range in emotions. But the movie as a whole sucked, and Superman's portrayal is just the scapegoat for the sour grapes coming from Snyder fanboys or the fans of other characters who they perceived as being slighted (when in reality, Affleck and Miller were killing any interest in this Batman and Flash all on their own, and WW and Aquaman were completely fine because people still liked them and went to their movies). By any measurable metric, JL Superman was just liked. People would just rather see something along those lines, just with a more coherent character arc and depth along the way. Because he certainly didn't get that in the DCEU. He didn't get anything like the 1940s in the DCEU either.
    I am not snyder fanboy to say the least. I know you might not have meant me. Look man, as I said i just don't think this superman is the natural evolution of the guy from man of steel. That's all.
    Again, i am not arguing for it to be done or defending troupe itself. My point is simple. The troupe will and did exist regardless of snyder. Suppose snyder doesn't use it. Another guy will come along use it, again and again.
    People don't root for clark because he is barely perceived(keyword) as an action hero anymore in. Outside media. I was genuinely confused why superman was in action comics when i first got into comics. Which batman is(ironically he is 'supposed' to be part of detective comics) . Batman, goku,all might, bruce lee, rocky.. Etc they all portrayed to strain themselves and look good(here looking good means just means cool looking moves, blood and sweat). To quote zoro "suffering is welcome on the path to bloodshed" (i don't mean literal bloodshed) . Superman on the other hand is perceived as the poster boy for steriods(sun juice) .You can't blame that on other characters. He is the top dog. His existence invites challenge(vision rubbing off on me. Lol). But the problem comes with the combination of top dog status and sun juice thing.in an action environment like a fight with other characters you are just begging for audiences to boo superman in favor of the workhorses.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-16-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I like what I like. If something feels wrong for Superman I will say it. I don't hate everything Snyder did, but he made big mistakes in his DC movies in terms of portrayal, story and overall tone that really hurt Superman. If you love most of what he did, fine. But don't get surprised if a lot of fans, including general audiences didn't like it or donwright rejected it.

We can't make people like something if they don't.
    Again, which version of superman are you talking about? We are talking about this version of superman.This guys is clearly different from other versions. Since superman fans don't care for him in general. But, that's not an issue. Everyone has their preferences. Doing something to this version of the character that makes him exactly like the one you or superman fans want would make him into something else. A mess without a soul. I have said nothing regarding your preferences. Nor did i try to make anyone like the superman i 'like'. Why would i try to engage in a such a futile excersice? btw,i have no particular fondness for this character. My superman in mainstream media currently is allmight.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Guys, enough with the name calling. Whatever side of the Snyder divide on, respect the other side's opinion or you will be given an involuntary vacation from this site.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Guys, enough with the name calling. Whatever side of the Snyder divide on, respect the other side's opinion or you will be given an involuntary vacation from this site.
    I haven't called anyone names voluntarily. If i have involuntarily,my apologies.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I haven't called anyone names voluntarily. If i have involuntarily,my apologies.
    It wasn't directed at you specifically, mwce - in fact, you have been a perfect gentleman. But others here don't know when to stop posting.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

That's your fear. You are welcome to it. But, i want to see how the guy that died would have really returned. I want to know how the matrix and codex that contains people of Krypton itself inside Clark's cells played a part. Also, grieving someone's death isn't being weak willed pussy. Anyways, how many times has clark been taken over by just eclipso without any deaths of loved ones at all ? The antilife equation is an entirely different beast altogether. Also, the guy was taken over by maxwell Lord. New52 supes was pretty much jokerfied or did you forget. Superman is invulnerable not invincible. I am willing to take the risk.
    Couldn't they have just stuck a clump of grass in Superman's hand to bring him back to life? Worked for his cousin. (/joke/)

Seriously, are we still discussing a failed DCEU movie in a thread specifically called "All New Course Corrected DC Films/Worlds of DC". Isn't the implication that this is a thread for new DC films?
    Any thoughts on Black Adam getting a release date? Do you think a Flash movie will get made in our lifetime? What do you project the box office of Birds of Prey to be? Will Joker help or
    hurt the box office of a BoP movie?

About freaking time Black Adam got a release date.
    Flash will get made but if Ezra keeps stirring up drama it might get made without him and honestly? I’m totally ok with that. I thought Ezra sucked and nothing about his character made me think “Flash”.
    Birds of Prey will have an inflated BO thanks to Margot. Maybe in the 600-800 million range depending on how good it is?
    Joker will only help the box office. DC has recovered from the bad PR of the Snyder Era with Aquaman, Shazam, and now Joker all being crowd pleasers. If BoP scores well it could make bank.

Astonishing Member

I think BOP will make in the 400-500M range. Wouldn't be surprised if it made less than that. Don't think there's a lot of buzz for the movie. The YouTube views are relatively small for BOP. Always thought Joker was going to be a hit with how many views it got when the trailer dropped. Of course no way did I think it was going to do as well as it did.

ififif, if pigs could fly :P

If Joss Whedon would have gotten the time he needed instead of having been rushed one a shoestring budget JL would have made a billion.

Anyhow: Big congratulations to Joker. He had the last laugh after all

Retired

There are some factors that BIRDS OF PREY has going for it. I think it will attract a lot of controversy, just like CAPTAIN MARVEL or JOKER, but that won't work against it because the defenders of the movie will show up for it. Oscars are on the weekend that it comes out--and if JOKER gets some noms, that could help DC's profile. And February doesn't have a lot of competition. So it has some weeks to make its money at the box office before a really big movie comes out.