Page 400 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500900 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 20948

You guys are actually treating Grace like she’s some insider? Lmao.

Yes guys after Aquaman made a billion and Joker is on track to break a billion no one is interested in working with WB.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Thanks for that. I quite enjoy Grace Randolph's insights but wouldn't say that I follow her on a regular basis. That was interesting though. There has definitely been a slant recently towards cheaper films but I'd assumed that that had been down to the direction of Walter Hamada.

The younger cast makes me think about The Batman being a prequel of some sort.
    No prequel of anything. It might have been at one point toyed as DCEU Batman prequel I guess.

Yeah, I don't see Andy Serkis growing into Jeremy Irons or Jeffrey Wright turning into JK Simmons .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Grace Randolph did a whole video lamenting about how no one wants to work for Warner Bros. so The Batman is being forced to hire mediocre talents instead of big name actors. So is it really stunt casting or just casting people
    willing to work for cheap?

Wouldn't that be awfully expensive? Seems like WB is trying to make movies on the cheap now. That's why Jonah Hill dropped out of The Batman, they wouldn't pay him $10 million. Seems like live action would be cheaper.
    (Yeah, I get you were joking. At least I hope you were joking)
    Stop listening to Grace Randolph.

DC is having so much trouble attracting big name talent that Joaquin Phoenix and Robert Deniro just did a huge hit movie for them, lmao. That argument is nonsense. Yes, it's true that Pattinson is not exactly a bankable A-list leading man, but the actual name brand of the actor stopped being relevant in superhero movies quite a long time ago. Look at how many hits Marvel has produced and then look at how many of those lead roles were played by well known, bankable stars. It's pretty much Benedict Cumberbatch, Scarlett Johansson and now I guess Angelina Jolie. Maybe Bradley Cooper if we're counting voices.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    No prequel of anything. It might have been at one point toyed as DCEU Batman prequel I guess.
    It's been said that Reeves went into these meetings with every intention of doing The Batman as a standalone thing unrelated to BVS or Justice League. There was that whole kerfluffle where he walked away from the project during negotiations, which was allegedly because he wanted more creative control.

I'm thinking when it was looking increasingly obvious that Ben wanted out and would not be back for this, the studio still wanted it to be a prequel starring a younger version of that same Batman, and Reeves obviously opposed that idea.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Bruh...is Grace Randolph actually implying the likes of Robert Pattinson, Jeffrey Wright and Paul Dano aren't high calibre, highly sought-after actors???

Pattinson is a potential Oscar nominee (or winner depending on who you ask) Wright is a highly renowned theatre actor and Dano is legit perfect casting as the Riddler.

I always knew she had bad opinions but what is she on?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    DC is having so much trouble attracting big name talent that Joaquin Phoenix and Robert Deniro just did a huge hit movie for them, lmao. That argument is nonsense. Yes, it's true that Pattinson is not exactly a bankable A-list leading man, but the actual name brand of the actor stopped being relevant in superhero movies quite a long time ago. Look at how many hits Marvel has produced and then look at how many of those lead roles were played by well known, bankable stars. It's pretty much Benedict Cumberbatch, Scarlett Johansson and now I guess Angelina Jolie. Maybe Bradley Cooper if we're counting voices.

It's been said that Reeves went into these meetings with every intention of doing The Batman as a standalone thing unrelated to BVS or Justice League. There was that whole kerfluffle where he walked away from the project during negotiations, which was allegedly because he wanted more creative control.

I'm thinking when it was looking increasingly obvious that Ben wanted out and would not be back for this, the studio still wanted it to be a prequel starring a younger version of that same Batman, and Reeves obviously opposed that idea.
    I agree. I think they still had hopes of salvaging the DCEU but then JL flopped and they gave up. Which is a good thing, reboot Batman and Superman and then try another go at the JL. Or don’t and just make good standalone movies.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yes, it's true that Pattinson is not exactly a bankable A-list leading man, but the actual name brand of the actor stopped being relevant in superhero movies quite a long time ago.
    A very long time. The biggest CB film of the last century starred a then-nobody named Christopher Reeve.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    Durr, John Campea said so it must be true! You can check see that WB (unlike Disney) co-finances almost all of their pictures including their surefire blockbusters, certainly all of their DC movies. The Dark Knight Rises, a surefire moneymaker coming of the The Dark Knight was co-financed by Legendary pictures. So it's nothing new that they did for the Joker; They simply do it all the time. Here, look at all these movies and tell me which ones aren't co-produced:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...%80%93present)
    I mean all of WB's movies in the last decade have been co-produced. That's simply how they do business. They don't look it as a "dice roll" at all.

Besides there's something else that know nothing bloviators like Campea ignore, why would companies agree to co-finance only the riskiest and least profitable movies from a studio's slate? Why would they take so much risk for so little return? What would be in it for them? Doesn't sound like the soundest business model. Of course if you had read the HRW article I posted, you would realize it's because movies like the Joker are used as bait for co-producing companies. In return for a piece of Joker, Creative Wealth Media (One of the two co-producers) agreed to provide the rights to some prestige pictures WB wanted as well as co-financing riskier movies in WB's slate (Like "The Kitchen", which bombed). Probably the same with Village Roadshow the other co-financier, but then again, they are a long time WB partner and co-produced the Matrix among many other with WB. Of course, you addressed absolutely none of this in my post and simply ran in bellowing about how WB must be kicking themselves and must be sooo angry for losing out on money because Campea and clickbait sites like comicbookmovie (Unlike actual credible Trade sites) are reporting as much.
    I think this sort of behaviour you've described demonstrates how many fans view this as a sort of capitalist horse race, "Yeah, WB made money, but it didn't make all the money!! LOL!" It's honestly kind of sickening how people behave like this. This sort of system WB uses reduces risk and creates more winners, in particular, its a boon for smaller studios. I think it also demonstrates that the margins for profitability for film are much greater than some people suggest.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree. I think they still had hopes of salvaging the DCEU but then JL flopped and they gave up. Which is a good thing, reboot Batman and Superman and then try another go at the JL. Or don’t and just make good standalone movies.
    Yeah, basically how I view it.

I also know at the time, Deadline reported that WB wanted Affleck involved in the Flashpoint movie (back when that was still a thing) even though it was already looking likely Reeves would be casting someone else in his movie. I am wondering if at one point WB may have wanted to use Flashpoint to transition Affleck out of the role and provide an in-universe explanation for why the subsequent movies would star a different actor and likely not acknowledge the events of the prior Affleck/Snyder installments. Give him one last hurrah, basically.

I also know at the time, Deadline reported that WB wanted Affleck involved in the Flashpoint movie (back when that was still a thing) even though it was already looking likely Reeves would be casting someone else in his movie. I am wondering if at one point WB may have wanted to use Flashpoint to transition Affleck out of the role and provide an in-universe explanation for why the subsequent movies would star a different actor and likely not acknowledge the events of the prior Affleck/Snyder installments. Give him one last hurrah, basically.
    I remember a lot of rumors about Flashpoint being used to reboot the movie universe.

Aren’t there other rumors that Wonder Woman 84 may have a Flashpoint-like sequence where Diana changes the timeline or alters reality?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You guys are actually treating Grace like she’s some insider? Lmao.
    I literally said in the last post that I don't watch Grace Randolph's output very often. That hardly qualifies as me hanging on every word that she says. It was just a video that's all.

People are at perfect liberty to either discount the points made in it, or not watch full stop.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Aren’t there other rumors that Wonder Woman 84 may have a Flashpoint-like sequence where Diana changes the timeline or alters reality?
    Yeah from Grace but none of the plot leaks mention anything like that. WB doesn’t care about the cinematic universe anymore, if The Batman is good and Reeves is ok with Battison teaming up with the others (he probably isn’t to be perfectly blunt, he probably won’t want to share “his” Batman just like Nolan didn’t) then they’ll just say **** it and just ignore the Snyder movies. WW1984 is already going to be completely throwing Snyder’s continuity out the window if Diana is walking around in public in costume.

There’s no pressure to adhere to a “cinematic universe” anymore, and continuity between movies doesn’t mean anything anymore.

BANNED

I mean the continuity between movies already didn't mean much in the DCEU.