Page 429 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529929 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

One thing I like about WW84 is that I think the theme will be “be careful what you wish for.” Diana wants Steve back but it likely ends badly, Cheetah will want powers to rival Diana’s and become deformed. Maxwell Lord will be like Satan in that sense, making a deal with the devil.

Also my theory is that the armor is there to protect against cheetahs claws, possibly dipped in centaurs blood like in Justice.

Anyone think those flashbacks to her childhood competing are kind of a throwback to her origin winning the competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Anyone think those flashbacks to her childhood competing are kind of a throwback to her origin winning the competition?
    I am also guessing those scenes are their way of working The Contest in.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Being reported that the entire plot to WW 1984 just leaked onto the internet. SMH.
    Wasn't it already floating around? If not then beware of spoilers.

The plot for Scoob! was leaked months ago and that trailer recently kinda confirmed those rumors.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well, you never know. The Dark Knight had been snubbed by the Globes, the first sign of what was to come with the Oscars that year.
    That's true, but Joker is even more the type of film critics would like, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Wasn't it already floating around? If not then beware of spoilers.

The plot for Scoob! was leaked months ago and that trailer recently kinda confirmed those rumors.
    Trailer for Scoob! actually disproved the rumors

Incredible Member

Gal Gadot Reveals Why Wonder Woman Won't Use Her Sword and Shield in Sequel

"Wonder Woman does not carry a weapon," Gadot explained. "We had an intention to let go of the sword, because there’s something very aggressive with a sword. If you have a sword, it means you need to use it. So we wanted to give that up. And we didn’t feel that the shield was necessary either. She’s a goddess, she can fight, she’s super strong, and she has the skills. So no, she has the gauntlets. She has the lasso. She has her tiara and that’s about it."

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I dig the change. I love seeing her slash and deflect **** as much as the next fan, but it really is a statement of war, rather than a general tool to keep the peace. Hunting down Ares and fighting Doomsday? Fair enough. Fighting crime in the 80's? Not so much.

I know a lot of Wonder Woman fans who are going to love this .

Shazam 2 has NOT been announced by WB.

https://screenrant.com/shazam-2-movi...ent-ccxp-2019/

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know a lot of Wonder Woman fans who are going to love this .
    Yes. I hate the sword. And most of the men and women writing and drawing comics are not so naive they wouldn't know the symbolism in this woman carrying a sword. The lasso much better fits what Wonder Woman is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Yes. I hate the sword. And most of the men and women writing and drawing comics are not so naive they wouldn't know the symbolism in this woman carrying a sword. The lasso much better fits what Wonder Woman is all about.
    Definitely not complaining about Wonder Woman stealing the show with the lasso .

You know, this logic will forever baffle me. Yes a sword is aggressive, what would you expect from a character who primarily solves issues by fighting? Superheroes, by their very nature, are about aggression towards evil. A sword isn't going to make Diana any more aggressive than she already is in the trailer. And what a sword is a poor weapon for a super strong goddess but a lass and gauntlets are good... because?

Most people who enjoyed the first movie didn't care about some made up symbolism about Diana carrying a sword. It was a non-troversy that only a select amount of people cared for. But I've always found it funny how people are okay with Diana using a weapon that allows her to violate people's free will but a sword, which is commonly used by heroic characters anyway, is too much.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-10-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Are Aquaman 2 and The Trench still coming out? My guess: Shazam 2 depends on the performance of Black Adam. (Gosh, if it features the JSA I'll have to reread the whole Johns run)

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You know, this logic will forever baffle me. Yes a sword is aggressive, what would you expect from a character who primarily solves issues by fighting? Superheroes, by their very nature, are about aggression towards evil. A sword isn't going to make Diana any more aggressive than she already is in the trailer. And what a sword is a poor weapon for a super strong goddess but a lass and gauntlets are good... because?

Most people who enjoyed the first movie didn't care about some made up symbolism about Diana carrying a sword. It was a non-troversy that only a select amount of people cared for. But I've always found it funny how people are okay with Diana using a weapon that allows her to violate people's free will but a sword, which is commonly used by heroic characters anyway, is too much.
    Her, lasso and bracelets are more than enough. Morrison made fun of the sword and sheild in a green lantern blackstar. It is overindulgent . Wonder woman doesn't need it for punch down,Maybe up.Wonder woman is also a peace keeper that tries tie everyone together.There is a thing called balance or middle path.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-10-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Every animation adaptation of a comic book that I've seen has never been as good--and they usually seem to hit the points that were weakest for me in the comic book. I liked most of NEW FRONTIER, the comic book, but the animated version highlighted those things I didn't like.

I wouldn't mind a live action adaptation of some kind, but I'd want it to be in its own universe.
    Have you seen Batman v TMNT? That was superior to the source imo as was UTRH