Page 404 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504904 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 20948
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post

JUSTICE LEAGUE - SNYDER CUT NEWS

I haven't looked at the last couple pages, but for the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut fans, there is a renewed push happening not just from the fandom, but from people associated with the movie. If you don't care or have only negative thoughts regarding the Snyder Cut movement, you're free to voice your opinion, but I would like to follow the "disclaimer" that you can find below from the DC_Cinematic subreddit mods in their renewed push: just ignore this.

Reddit post from the mods asking for a social media blast and to "trust them" on this: https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati..._for_everyone/

Ray Porter, who was cast as Darkseid is tweeting out directly to AT&T and WB.
    Ray Fisher and Zack Snyder apparently liked Momoa's Instagram post showing him skewering Steppenwolf. This sequence supposedly leads to Aquaman "serving up" Steppenwolf to Superman who then punches him over to Diana where she deals the final blow. This is different than the ending provided in the theatrical release.

Jason Momoa, Jay Oliva, Ray Porter and many others have all been actively pushing the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut on Twitter, Vero and Instagram over the last 24 hours or so.
    Zack Snyder has served up some fresh pics from his version (a couple are shown above by Last Son of Krypton).

No one is sure what's going on, but there is "hope" circulating that with the second anniversary of Justice League next week, an announcement may be imminent OR AT&T/WB may be feeling pressure both externally and internally to have Zack Snyder's original cut release on HBO Max to offer proper closure for his fans and to the "Justice League" trilogy.

If you are a supporter and/or fan of the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement, it's encouraged that you get on whatever social media you have and begin contributing to the hashtag and tagging @AT&T and @WarnerBros to show them the support.

Again, if you're not interested or you don't care, then please feel free to ignore all of this.

EDIT: Almost forgot! Junkie XL confirmed he finished all of Justice League's soundtrack (this has been a heavily debated point of the Snyder Cut. Well, no more!). You can find that exclusive story here: https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...core-complete/
    I want to see the snydercut. I would to see the full trilogy complete. Glad it is not just some guy on Internet. People who worked on it are supporting the movement. It was even trending on twitter. I hope it happens. I want to see superman come back to life for real this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Making a good movie that has been wildly successful and done better than all their shared universe films except Aquaman. I don't know why this is hard to grasp. They made a huge play for a Marvel style shared universe and then it blew up in their faces, so now they're going a different route.

It's funny. Everyone was making fun of DC for copying Marvel with the early films, and now that they're pivoting course, people are complaining that DC isn't doing enough to copy Marvel.

It was pretty clear.
    Doh, it is now. :P Would have not approached from the fan-to-fan perspective if I had known you work for WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Neither hero, nor villain. Just straight most profitable comic book adaptation!

——

JUSTICE LEAGUE - SNYDER CUT NEWS

I haven't looked at the last couple pages, but for the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut fans, there is a renewed push happening not just from the fandom, but from people associated with the movie. If you don't care or have only negative thoughts regarding the Snyder Cut movement, you're free to voice your opinion, but I would like to follow the "disclaimer" that you can find below from the DC_Cinematic subreddit mods in their renewed push: just ignore this.

Reddit post from the mods asking for a social media blast and to "trust them" on this: https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati..._for_everyone/

Ray Porter, who was cast as Darkseid is tweeting out directly to AT&T and WB.
    Ray Fisher and Zack Snyder apparently liked Momoa's Instagram post showing him skewering Steppenwolf. This sequence supposedly leads to Aquaman "serving up" Steppenwolf to Superman who then punches him over to Diana where she deals the final blow. This is different than the ending provided in the theatrical release.

Jason Momoa, Jay Oliva, Ray Porter and many others have all been actively pushing the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut on Twitter, Vero and Instagram over the last 24 hours or so.
    Zack Snyder has served up some fresh pics from his version (a couple are shown above by Last Son of Krypton).

No one is sure what's going on, but there is "hope" circulating that with the second anniversary of Justice League next week, an announcement may be imminent OR AT&T/WB may be feeling pressure both externally and internally to have Zack Snyder's original cut release on HBO Max to offer proper closure for his fans and to the "Justice League" trilogy.

If you are a supporter and/or fan of the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement, it's encouraged that you get on whatever social media you have and begin contributing to the hashtag and tagging @AT&T and @WarnerBros to show them the support.

Again, if you're not interested or you don't care, then please feel free to ignore all of this.

EDIT: Almost forgot! Junkie XL confirmed he finished all of Justice League's soundtrack (this has been a heavily debated point of the Snyder Cut. Well, no more!). You can find that exclusive story here: https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...core-complete/
    IDK. Part of me is definitely interested in seeing this. But will it be a complete thing? I do like the JL we have. I think the opener alone ('stachegate aside) is very strong and something that will be hidden under the carpet.

I mean they could use this to have a closer tie to the New Gods movie. But WB has shown again and again to lean back and watch chances passing by.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 11-09-2019 at 11:09 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Actually, i heard more complaints of dc not setting things up in a bunch of movies for the big crossover like marvel did.

It doesn't matter what WB does right or how successful their movies are. Someone will complain about or even insist they are failures. It's the same discourse surrounding the Star Wars movie only WB has less supporters because they're viewed as an acceptable target.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It doesn't matter what WB does right or how successful their movies are. Someone will complain about or even insist they are failures. It's the same discourse surrounding the Star Wars movie only WB has less supporters because they're viewed as an acceptable target.
    While I agree with you there is that sentiment out there for whatever reason, you have to agree with me it's really impossible to label Joker a failure now with a straight face. If it's not a success, then 99.99% of the films ever created are in the same camp.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm not denying Joker's success, but it does just really surprise me to see it doing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    While I agree with you there is that sentiment out there for whatever reason, you have to agree with me it's really impossible to label Joker a failure now with a straight face. If it's not a success, then 99.99% of the films ever created are in the same camp.
    Oh I agree with you. Won't stop people from trying if the conversations about the Star Wars and DC films I've witnessed and partaken in are anything to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Doh, it is now. :P Would have not approached from the fan-to-fan perspective if I had known you work for WB.
    You can keep the bit going, I guess.

I mean they could use this to have a closer tie to the New Gods movie. But WB has shown again and again to lean back and watch chances passing by.
    Tying the New Gods to Justice League sounds like the exact opposite thing they'd wanna do now given the way it flopped. I don't expect to see any of the stuff they were setting up in BVS or Justice League seriously dealt with by future movies going forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Who in their right mind would label Joker a failure? Seriously? Who? Never came across that at all.

Now I've read comments by posters who don't consider this a Joker movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    You can keep the bit going, I guess.

Tying the New Gods to Justice League sounds like the exact opposite thing they'd wanna do now given the way it flopped. I don't expect to see any of the stuff they were setting up in BVS or Justice League seriously dealt with by future movies going forward.
    People complained when WB tried to copy the MCU. Now that they’re not doing that anymore people are complaining that they’re NOT copying the MCU lol. But yeah, the goal is to move away from the Snyder Era films not continue to tie into them. We’ll never see Eisenberg leading the LoD (and thank Christ for that). I’d much rather see what Ava can do with the New Gods without being tied down by Snyder’s take.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Who in their right mind would label Joker a failure? Seriously? Who? Never came across that at all.
    Oh, they're almost all have disappeared now as the movie approaches a billion, but you had enough still when it was at a half a billion (yet still an unqualified success).

Now I've read comments by posters who don't consider this a Joker movie.
    That's really the only thing (though not in a creditable way) that can be flung at it, since the "only Bat-themed films sell for WB" retort doesn't work as well anymore after Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and even Shazam!. Therefore, it can't be the most profitable CB movie of them all because it's not a CB movie in the first place. Yeah, good luck try convincing people about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Oh I agree with you. Won't stop people from trying if the conversations about the Star Wars and DC films I've witnessed and partaken in are anything to go by.
    Heh. I guess anything can be taken apart if you want to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not denying Joker's success, but it does just really surprise me to see it doing so well.
    I think that's a more-than fair comment, Frontier, especially since the film is R-rated. Which reminds me: imagine how much it would have made had it been PG-13 instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    People complained when WB tried to copy the MCU. Now that they’re not doing that anymore people are complaining that they’re NOT copying the MCU lol. But yeah, the goal is to move away from the Snyder Era films not continue to tie into them. We’ll never see Eisenberg leading the LoD (and thank Christ for that). I’d much rather see what Ava can do with the New Gods without being tied down by Snyder’s take.
    I imagine it must suck if you were seriously invested in that stuff and the plots that'll never get resolved, but yeah. I still occasionally see people saying that The Batman will totally be a prequel that respects the continuity of BVS even though it should be insanely obvious by now that it's a reboot, not a prequel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My friend who just saw it is worried why so many people love it. He's concerned why so many people feel a connection to Arthur Fleck. Do these people want to break out and riot? See chaos?

Haven't seen it yet but I do feel a lot of people are disgruntled in real life and relate too easily to the Joker.