Page 250 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1502002402462472482492502512522532542603003507501250 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 20948
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "I play this assassin who's been trained since childhood."

Isn't that supposed to be Cass ?

Conversely Deadshot is still predominantly white and I'm not sure if they've quite figured out what to do with turning Aquaman into Momoa.
    Helena trained since childhood to assassinate the people who killed her family.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Glad to hear Tom King is on the movie. Mr. Miracle was fantastic and that’s enough for me, regardless of his other work. On this he should shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Helena trained since childhood to assassinate the people who killed her family.
    Yeah, but isn't she supposed to be an assassin/enforcer for Black Mask in this? Seems like that's what it's meant to allude to.

Spectacular Member

I think everyone should relax a little there hasn't been any confirmation that Ava DuVernay is changing the race of any characters. People assuming just because she’s black and cast black people in her films means that she is going to “black” up the New Gods is absurd. She very well can like the characters as they are but assuming that she is going to race swap anybody without any sort of confirmation just means people aren’t comfortable with someone like her directing a film such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    There was a story that I recall in the comics that had Kara as a brainwashed antagonist, on WarWorld I think...

I think if it was done properly, it may be an interesting way of interesting way of introducing her to the movies. Maybe a loose adaptation of the female-centric story in Justice Leage Unlimited when Roulette had captured and brainwashed several female heroes (including Wonder Woman) to fight in her club. Maybe have Roulette selling brainwashed metas on the black market, with the fight club on the side, and the Suicide Squad has to infiltrate to stop her.
    Pre-Flashpoint, Superman/Batman series. It was shortly after Kara had come to Earth. They even made an animated film about it called, "Superman/Batman Apokolips".

Fantastic Member

Yeah, but isn't she supposed to be an assassin/enforcer for Black Mask in this? Seems like that's what it's meant to allude to.
    Maybe. She could also be undercover as his enforcer for the Birds, there are a lot of ways it can play out. I took it as Mary using the quickest description to explain her character.

Maybe. She could also be undercover as his enforcer for the Birds, there are a lot of ways it can play out. I took it as Mary using the quickest description to explain her character.
    But from what we know the team doesn't come together until halfway into the movie, while she starts out working for Black Mask.

But from what we know the team doesn't come together until halfway into the movie, while she starts out working for Black Mask.
    I'm guessing Mask will be using her since she was a kid. He killed her family and tells her someone else did, then she finds out the truth halfway through the movie and helps the BoP take him down.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Well yeah, from what we know but we don't actually know that much...well, I don't anyway. It seems many people on these boards feel that they know a lot more than the rest of us.

Well yeah, from what we know but we don't actually know that much...well, I don't anyway. It seems many people on these boards feel that they know a lot more than the rest of us.
    Seems to happen a lot when it comes to conversations about the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm guessing Mask will be using her since she was a kid. He killed her family and tells her someone else did, then she finds out the truth halfway through the movie and helps the BoP take him down.
    Which doesn't really sound like Huntress to me, since her whole deal is wracking righteous fury on all criminals and not working for one, but that's just me...

Which doesn't really sound like Huntress to me, since her whole deal is wracking righteous fury on all criminals and not working for one, but that's just me...
    I know and agree, that's just how I think it will happen based on the info we have so far.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    So, kinda like Kite?

Robert Pattinson seems to have earned the role of Batman : https://www.cbr.com/robert-pattinson...ner-bros-deal/

Hopefully we'll get an idea of the batsuit used soon enough

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Glad to hear Tom King is on the movie. Mr. Miracle was fantastic and that’s enough for me, regardless of his other work. On this he should shine.
    Famous last words...
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.