Page 177 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 771271671731741751761771781791801811872272776771177 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 20948
    Astonishing Member

Shazam seems to be a great critical success but can it be a great box office success? That remains to be seen.

I still expect a modest box office run but I'm always open to being pleasantly surprised.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Shazam seems to be a great critical success but can it be a great box office success? That remains to be seen.

I still expect a modest box office run but I'm always open to being pleasantly surprised.
    With a 90M budget, it doesn't need to make much money to be a success. A sequel is pretty much guaranteed with the critical success it's receiving.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

If Shazam does anything between 500-600M on its budget, it's a bonafide smash hit.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Yes, but Birds of Prey looks like it was right out of the Snyder playbook.
    Damn, who knew Snyder owned the playbook for everything not "comic accurate". Is Logan out of Snyder's playbook too?

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Damn, who knew Snyder owned the playbook for everything not "comic accurate". Is Logan out of Snyder's playbook too?
    I'm reminded of the huge number of people that went, "**** you Zack Snyder" after the Titans trailer dropped. These guys were so frothing-at-the-mouth pissed of that they weren't even aware Titans wasn't in tge DCEU.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-24-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm reminded of the juge number of people that went, "**** you Zack Snyder" after the Titans trailer dropped. These guys were so frothing-at-the-mouth pissed of that they weren't even aware Titans wasn't in tge DCEU.
    Ayer tooled around with stuff too, and we saw how that went. So did Jenkins and Wan, with what are generally regarded as much better results.

Comics accuracy isn't the be all, end all of these adaptations, and Snyder wasn't the first to make changes nor will he be the last. That being said, yeah, BOP's changes do not inspire confidence just yet.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Way to try and change my argument.

By "Snyder's Playbook" I mean dark, incoherent and shitty. And Birds of Prey has the early signs of it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    With a 90M budget, it doesn't need to make much money to be a success. A sequel is pretty much guaranteed with the critical success it's receiving.
    Definitely. The movie can be marked off as another success for WB.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I'm glad Shazam is getting great reviews so far. Considering how DC Comics (formerly National Comics) contributed to the downfall of Fawcett Comics decades ago, I find it somewhat poetic that Shazam is succeeding in telling a fun and joyful modern-day superhero film when the WB failed in capturing that feeling with Superman.
    There is a kind of karmic justice in seeing Shazam on the cusp of such major movie success after how hectic his treatment in the comics have been and having to measure up to Superman.

Convenient the main villain of his movie is also bald .

By "Snyder's Playbook" I mean dark, incoherent and shitty. And Birds of Prey has the early signs of it.
    Birds of Prey feel like an independent creative piece from Margot Robbie.

Based on what? A few set photos that reveal next to nothing? We haven't even gotten a proper trailer.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Birds of Prey feel like an independent creative piece from Margot Robbie.
    I believe that is the correct answer, Frontier.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I just need to see a trailer for BoP. So far the presentation of it looks less than what those characters deserve.

Can't wait too see Shazam! Apparently they've hidden a huge chunk of the movie in their marketing

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Based on what? A few set photos that reveal next to nothing? We haven't even gotten a proper trailer.
    Based on the photos, that teaser trailer thing, the character representations, the color saturation and the rumors of production drama. We can act like it's nothing but the fact of the matter is we've been down this road with BvS, SS and JL. All of those movies checked these boxes. I don't like where this is headed. I also think this was an ill-conceived project anyway.

Based on the photos, that teaser trailer thing, the character representations, the color saturation and the rumors of production drama. We can act like it's nothing but the fact of the matter is we've been down this road with BvS, SS and JL. All of those movies checked these boxes. I don't like where this is headed. I also think this was an ill-conceived project anyway.
    The color saturation is nothing like Snyder's films, the teaser trailer has revealed nothing, the photos are too context less to say anything and what rumors about production drama?