Page 179 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 791291691751761771781791801811821831892292796791179 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 20948
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    It’s clear that you’re making up reasons to dislike it clearly based off it not being comic accurate. Just say that and go.
    Lol. I'm not even that big on the whole comic accuracy thing. I just think that teaser trailer looked like straight garbage. I don't really care about Huntress, but definitely like Black Canary. But overall, the whole idea of doing Birds of Prey with Harley just seems stupid. That teaser did really feel like a direct connection to Ayer's style, which we know doesn't work.

Anyway, I'm hardly "making up reasons to dislike" the movie. Just look at the last few pages. Many posters are highly skeptical about this movie. Hopefully it adds to the DCEU momentum. But I'm allowed to have my suspicions considering four of the DCEU films have had divisive reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think a site called "gossip cop" is very reliable.
    Read the article. Gossip Cop are the ones debunking the clearly BS rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Lol. I'm not even that big on the whole comic accuracy thing. I just think that teaser trailer looked like straight garbage. I don't really care about Huntress, but definitely like Black Canary. But overall, the whole idea of doing Birds of Prey with Harley just seems stupid. That teaser did really feel like a direct connection to Ayer's style, which we know doesn't work.

Anyway, I'm hardly "making up reasons to dislike" the movie. Just look at the last few pages. Many posters are highly skeptical about this movie. Hopefully it adds to the DCEU momentum. But I'm allowed to have my suspicions considering four of the DCEU films have had divisive reactions.
    Sorry but Ayer's style clearly worked from a financial perspective. Where he failed was in the script, though seeing as how he was given a 6 weeks mandate to write a script, it wasn't exactly all his fault.

Birds Of Prey has a proven talented screenwriter and had more than enough time in development to not run into the same issues SS did.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 03-24-2019 at 10:23 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

When your suspicions are based on scant information and rumors (that even the site you linked to debunked) then I think people are justified in calling that out. That other people share this skepticism doesn't make it look any more reasonable.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    A friend of mine was PAing on Birds of Prey a couple nights ago. Apparently they are filming some sort of car chase sequence with Huntress and Black Canary's stunt doubles.
    It's nice to know that Black Canary and Huntress are in this movie more than what we've seen thus far.

Incredible Member

What a fvcking idiot. This is the guy that so many continue to defend? He never liked these characters in their typical form. He only liked them in their extreme, alternate forms. He's an Injustice comic fan. That's not who should have been in charge. WTF.
    The fact that ZS is a Frank Miller acolyte is a clue of his leanings. Like I've always said: ZS should have never been put in charge of the DC cinematic universe, and just been hired to do a Batman film.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    The fact that ZS is a Frank Miller acolyte is a clue of his leanings. Like I've always said: ZS should have never been put in charge of the DC cinematic universe, and just been hired to do a Batman film.
    I don't want Zack anywhere near Batman or anything DC ever again.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The creators of Batman had him kill people, so killing is okay by me. Also he's killed in pretty much every major film incarnation of the character, from Burton, Shoemocker, Nolan and Snyder.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member

And I hated it every single time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not someone who adheres to the "heroes don't kill" cliché by any means. However, I do feel like Batman is one who should be that way.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you have any examples?
    Not offhand, Frontier. I just have been noticing for quite a while now that the trailers for CB shows tend to jettison the jokes.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-25-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Omg. That sounds fvcking terrible. Would have set Superman back even more. So basically, Snyder's vision for the Justice League was to turn them all on each other, kill most of them, and have Batman be pretty much the only hero. Wonderful.

I also love how he thinks people who disliked BvS were the "vocal minority."

Omg. That sounds fvcking terrible. Would have set Superman back even more. So basically, Snyder's vision for the Justice League was to turn them all on each other, kill most of them, and have Batman be pretty much the only hero. Wonderful.
    Where are you getting the idea Batman would be the only hero? The article even says that Barry would go back in time to try and prevent Superman's corruption.

And didn't other information say Batman was going to die?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Seems pretty in line with the Kevin Smith reveal (even if that had some holes in it) that Darkseid would come and screw Earth up. I'm sure most would have found it too dark, but I will always lament never seeing the original vision play out.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I also love how he thinks people who disliked BvS were the "vocal minority."
    He was joking: https://mobile.twitter.com/smcolbert...72589731405826