Page 485 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585985 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Agreed. And there's still the possibility of spinning Canary into a movie with Green Arrow. I personally don't care for Charlie Hunnam (the fan favorite choice...I prefer Alexander Skarsgaard), but Jurnee would have great chemistry with both.
    I do remember that Smollet-Bell and Skarsgaard were in True Blood, but I don't recall if they interacted on the show.
    Since Bad Robot is over at WB now, maybe J.J. and the old Alias crew can put something together for Birds of Prey.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    1. Spin Huntress and Canary off in their own HBO Max show, a la Falcon and Winter Soldier. You can introduce a new Green and Red Arrow there, too, as well as other Birds of Prey characters.

2. Bring them in as supporting characters in current DCEU films. For instance, both Canary and Huntress have comic book ties to the JSA. Put them in big roles there to help them shine a bit. Canary can spin-off into a film with Green Arrow. Huntress can head back to the Bat crew. Then both can go on further adventures together in another season of Birds of Prey on HBO Max.
    I think BoP works better as a TV show then a movie. Well, a better TV show then the actual BoP TV show we ended up with.

I think the R-rating of BoP might limit the spinoff potential for these characters. Well, that and the movies just not being very interconnected anymore. Like, Pattinson's Batman will probably never have to deal with Margot Robbie's Harley.

I don't think Helena Bertinelli has any JSA ties.
    3. Cassandra is easy. Her mother arrives in America to reclaim her, and takes her away to Nanda Parbat or some similar secretive place to begin her training. It's later revealed that Shiva, Richard Dragon, and Bronze Tiger trained a number of American combatants including Vic Sage, Bruce Wayne, and Dinah Lance.
    They would need to do a seriously hard reboot to make movie Cass anything close to comic Cass. Her whole outlook and personality is shaped by the fact that she was raised from birth as a weapon and assassin, not turned into one as a grown young girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Agreed. And there's still the possibility of spinning Canary into a movie with Green Arrow. I personally don't care for Charlie Hunnam (the fan favorite choice...I prefer Alexander Skarsgaard), but Jurnee would have great chemistry with both.
    I wonder how explicit they'll get with movie Green Arrow.

A little massaging of the characters by a creative mind and they'd be fine.

1. Spin Huntress and Canary off in their own HBO Max show, a la Falcon and Winter Soldier. You can introduce a new Green and Red Arrow there, too, as well as other Birds of Prey characters.

2. Bring them in as supporting characters in current DCEU films. For instance, both Canary and Huntress have comic book ties to the JSA. Put them in big roles there to help them shine a bit. Canary can spin-off into a film with Green Arrow. Huntress can head back to the Bat crew. Then both can go on further adventures together in another season of Birds of Prey on HBO Max.

3. Cassandra is easy. Her mother arrives in America to reclaim her, and takes her away to Nanda Parbat or some similar secretive place to begin her training. It's later revealed that Shiva, Richard Dragon, and Bronze Tiger trained a number of American combatants including Vic Sage, Bruce Wayne, and Dinah Lance.

It's really too good an IP to give up on. It just needs a little work and TLC.
    That still leaves out Cass' disability which was vital to her development.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    the excuse some give about how the R rating is hurting the box office for BoP, I don't quite buy it, because teens always go to rated R movies when they really want to see a movie. My teen son went to the Deadpool and Tarantino recent movies without a problem. He didn't ask me for permission.. yes he's a great kid lol.
    Wasn't Deadpool also not that known with the mystical being known as general audience before his first movie became a hit?

I do think word of mouth fan hype buildup does go a long way and BoP was and still is very controversial in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That still leaves out Cass' disability which was vital to her development.
    IIRC that disability even was part of the training; raised in an environment where she never learned to use speech so that part of her brain process combat as easily as our speech. Not sure if that was retconned but in her run it required her to run into a meta that activate her speech part of the brain. And she immediately become worse in combat. Until she run into Mom for training hints and I think here we are at what Castling suggests.

Just that meta was a different one and really messed up her brain. Off.... it needs some serious story writing (by a writer that also a DC fan; not that hack that messed the BoP characters) to salvage/retcon that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Wasn't Deadpool also not that known with the mystical being known as general audience before his first movie became a hit?

I do think word of mouth fan hype buildup does go a long way and BoP was and still is very controversial in that department.
    I agree. I liked BoP enough but I've seen plenty of hate for how woke and feminist it is, and how unrecognizable the costumes are. 99% of the men in the movie are big a-holes.

2 things I disliked about BoP:

1. Harley Quinn doesn't break up with Joker, he dumps her! She had to move on because she had no choice. What a terrible role model for young people honestly.

2. They had to put Joker down to elevate Harley (she's the brains), just like how they do it in the Supergirl show and their treatment of Superman. So annoying.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-19-2020 at 11:32 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I would also like to say that when they do these things with canary and huntress. Make the characters look more like their counterparts. And change the aesthetic to make it more and more birds of prey. As seen with sonic don't just write of the core audience. When you can accommodate them.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Heh, "off" her feet.

But I really want Babs to be Batgirl in film, not Oracle.
    Give her a trilogy. Batgirl Begins, killing joke, Oracle/suicide squad/birds of Prey

I agree. I liked BoP enough but I've seen plenty of hate for how woke and feminist it is, and how unrecognizable the costumes are. 99% of the men in the movie are big a-holes.

1. Harley Quinn doesn't break up with Joker, he dumps her! She had to move on because she had no choice. What a terrible role model for young people honestly.

2. They had to put Joker down to elevate Harley (she's the brains), just like how they do it in the Supergirl show and their treatment of Superman. So annoying.
    I don't get guys like you. Look for role models in real life and not in your escapism/entertainment. I'm a game of thrones nerd and don't think dating your sister or killing pregnant women is a good idea in real life

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how explicit they'll get with movie Green Arrow.
    Well, I enjoyed the R rating, but they need to drop that. Personally I would like to see an almost romantic comedy but set within the context of a superhero action film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They can always reboot .
    Reboots are for more popular characters who have made a ton of bank. BoP isn't that. I won't hold my breath for a reboot this decade, or the next.

If they can't use Oracle, why not someone similar to Oracle, i.e. Mockingbird? She was the Oracle to Secret Six.
    We'd still get bitching because it's not Babs as Oracle in the BoP.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Give her a trilogy. Batgirl Begins, killing joke, Oracle/suicide squad/birds of Prey
    God no! I love The Killing Joke, one of my favorites, but I don't need it in live action, I don't need some plot progression which puts Babs out of action (and by action I mean action scenes). How about we get a whole bunch of movies with Babs as Batgirl kicking ass and taking names instead? Is that really so much to wish for?

How did they put Joker down? You think he's never stolen an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    We'd still get bitching because it's not Babs as Oracle in the BoP.

God no! I love The Killing Joke, one of my favorites, but I don't need it in live action, I don't need some plot progression which puts Babs out of action (and by action I mean action scenes). How about we get a whole bunch of movies with Babs as Batgirl kicking ass and taking names instead? Is that really so much to wish for?
    I just want an awesome kick ass wheelchair hero. Killing joke or not. DC would break ground

I just want an awesome kick ass wheelchair hero. Killing joke or not. DC would break ground
    Does it have to come at the expense of a Barbara who can actually kick?

They'd need to do The Killing Joke without The Killing Joke. Basically go something like Batgirl Year One -> Ladies' Night -> Oracle Born of Hope -> Suicide Squad / Birds of Prey. Not specifically for the plot points, but you need to make it into Babs's story, and the only way to do that is to remove Batman's and Joker's feud from TKJ.

You'd be placing one hell of a lot of demands on the scriptwriter.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])