Page 462 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562962 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 20948
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah, that’s not true at all.
    Unnecessary raunchiness, Deadpool Esque comedy(and not the good material), randomly wacky, extra violent, terrible outfits.
    I can go on, but there are a lot of things people don't like about Harley that originated from the Connor and Palmiotti series.
    While everything I hear people like about Harley is just stuff from BTAS

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    Unnecessary raunchiness, Deadpool Esque comedy(and not the good material), randomly wacky, extra violent, terrible outfits.
    I can go on, but there are a lot of things people don't like about Harley that originated from the Connor and Palmiotti series.
    ... Putting her in Suicide Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    Ah, everything you hear, huh?
    Okay, thanks.

As of this moment, Birds of Prey is sitting at 92% on RT.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/birds_of_prey_2020

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's good. On principle I want this movie to do well even if I don't like the approach they went with and I don't want them to keep forcing synergy with this movie.

(I wish this wouldn't be most people's introduction to Cassandra Cain).
    Agreed. Even if this isn't a move I'll like I still want it to do well. I feel the same way about that CW Superman show. I probably won't like it and won't watch it, but these projects doing well means WB/DC/AT&T/(whoever makes these decisions now) will be more likely to green light something I *do* want. And the stuff I don't like, other people will, and new fans are always a good thing even if their first impression of a IP is way off base.

But Cass....that really is a shame. A female minority hero who's on the autism spectrum and is also a crazy badass and arguably the best martial artist on earth? That's a character you can do some stuff with that people have never seen. I very much doubt we'll see much, if any, of that in BoP. But seriously, Cass handled right and in a small solo film could've been this year's Joker (in that it'd be a off formula success).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

92% RT score for BoP
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    92% RT score for BoP
    Looks like another hit for DC!

As someone, who was a huge detractor of Birds of Prey, I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised after watching the film tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    As someone, who was a huge detractor of Birds of Prey, I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised after watching the film tonight.
    I'm glad you had a good time!

Fantastic Member

It's nice to hear that, thanks for saying it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Astonishing Member

It’s nice to see DC-On-Film start off the 2020’s strong!
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-05-2020 at 06:01 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    It's nice to hear that, thanks for saying it. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I'm glad you had a good time!
    I did have a good time. While the movie, like all of them do, has its faults, I definitely think it's worth seeing at least once. It's definitely the Harley Quinn show and the other characters, some more than others, could have benefited from more screen time but overall it was an enjoyable movie.

I have to say, my showing was quite empty and I checked my local theater for other showings and they are all essentially empty, which is unusual for superhero movies. I have no idea how this movie will do financially, but all I can say is if you had any interest in seeing this movie then go see it. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it's fun.

Fantastic Member

I did have a good time. While the movie, like all of them do, has its faults, I definitely think it's worth seeing at least once. It's definitely the Harley Quinn show and the other characters, some more than others, could have benefited from more screen time but overall it was an enjoyable movie.

I have to say, my showing was quite empty and I checked my local theater for other showings and they are all essentially empty, which is unusual for superhero movies. I have no idea how this movie will do financially, but all I can say is if you had any interest in seeing this movie then go see it. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it's fun.
    I've looked into it and it seems like Dolby theatres and the equivalent are selling out in presales while the regular digital theatres aren't.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I have to wait till February 6th when it opens over here but I'll be there for Ewan Mc Gregor, black canary and huntress. The Spiegel Magazin liked it. RC who gives a.... Hoping for a half in the bag review

Judging by your avatar I'm guessing you're a Dinah fan. And if the movie did right by her, that's really about all I ask of it. My wife wants to see it next weekened, so I guess I'll see it then.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.