Page 484 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584984 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 20948
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    the final costumes sucked, especially Canary's, IMO. Why even do that??
    To win over hardcore bop fans who weren't even there because WB is clueless

Just saw Birds of Prey and I loved it! Margot Robbie is brilliant as Harley and the rest of the cast does a pretty good job too. I was most impressed by Ewen McGregor. I was definitely apposed to his take on Black Mask but damn it if he didn’t kill it in this role. He took Roman Sionis from a cookie cutter mob boss into a unique egotistical sociopathic villain. Great action/fight scenes and a fun story.

As for the Birds of Prey themselves, it could have been better. Huntress and Canary showed shades of their classic forms but the end result wasn’t ideal. I don’t think there’s a future for this version of BoP on the big screen but I hope we see more of Robbie’s Harley.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-18-2020 at 10:46 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Just saw Birds of Prey and I loved it! Margot Robbie is brilliant as Harley and the rest of the cast does a pretty good job too. I was most impressed by Ewen McGregor. I was definitely apposed to his take on Black Mask but damn it if he didn’t kill it in this role. He took Roman Sionis from a cookie cutter mob boss into a unique egotistical sociopathic villain. Great action/fight scenes and a fun story.

As for the Birds of Prey themselves, it could have been better. Huntress and Canary showed shades of their classic forms but the end result wasn’t ideal. I don’t think there’s a future for this version of BoP on the big screen but I hope we see more of Robbie’s Harley.
    If it's not these versions then we just won't see these characters on screen again.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    If it's not these versions then we just won't see these characters on screen again.
    Never say never. This is still a good ip. If and when Barbara gets of her feet. Birds of prey can as well. There is also black canary's connection to both jsa, jl and green arrow. She can get hella popular. So can huntress. This time they can actually make people care about birds of prey team up.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    To win over hardcore bop fans who weren't even there because WB is clueless
    How would they be there? The trailers looked like it was for suicide squad fans.

My theater was pretty full for a matinee and there were a lot of kids (which made things a little uncomfortable). Just shows that there is still a big audience for a film like this that may have been turned away by the R rating.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    the final costumes sucked, especially Canary's, IMO. Why even do that??
    Would it possible to explain that that movies BC is actually Vixen whose Canary Cry was emulated by some animal power and who was mind swapped by believing she was BC because of [insert random powerful enough DC villain here] while the real BC is still somewhere? ... like, together with Oracle training with the real Cass Cain whose passport got stolen and oh i give up I think movie BoP team are just DOA. Lets hope it does not take possible Sirens with them.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Never say never. This is still a good ip. If and when Barbara gets of her feet. Birds of prey can as well. There is also black canary's connection to both jsa, jl and green arrow. She can get hella popular. So can huntress. This time they can actually make people care about birds of prey team up.
    Heh, "off" her feet.

But I really want Babs to be Batgirl in film, not Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    They can always reboot .

the excuse some give about how the R rating is hurting the box office for BoP, I don't quite buy it, because teens always go to rated R movies when they really want to see a movie. My teen son went to the Deadpool and Tarantino recent movies without a problem. He didn't ask me for permission.. yes he's a great kid lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Heh, "off" her feet.

But I really want Babs to be Batgirl in film, not Oracle.
    If they can't use Oracle, why not someone similar to Oracle, i.e. Mockingbird? She was the Oracle to Secret Six.

Another reason why it should have been titled “Harley Quinn and The Birds of Prey”:

spoilers:
    Harley leaves before they officially become a team! She bounces and then talks about how the others ended up calling themselves The Birds of Prey. Maybe she’s an honorary member but still.
    end of spoilers

We should also take into consideration James Gunn's The Suicide Squad, which going by leaked images already has Harley in much better outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Would it possible to explain that that movies BC is actually Vixen whose Canary Cry was emulated by some animal power and who was mind swapped by believing she was BC because of [insert random powerful enough DC villain here] while the real BC is still somewhere? ... like, together with Oracle training with the real Cass Cain whose passport got stolen and oh i give up I think movie BoP team are just DOA. Lets hope it does not take possible Sirens with them.
    A little massaging of the characters by a creative mind and they'd be fine.

1. Spin Huntress and Canary off in their own HBO Max show, a la Falcon and Winter Soldier. You can introduce a new Green and Red Arrow there, too, as well as other Birds of Prey characters.

2. Bring them in as supporting characters in current DCEU films. For instance, both Canary and Huntress have comic book ties to the JSA. Put them in big roles there to help them shine a bit. Canary can spin-off into a film with Green Arrow. Huntress can head back to the Bat crew. Then both can go on further adventures together in another season of Birds of Prey on HBO Max.

3. Cassandra is easy. Her mother arrives in America to reclaim her, and takes her away to Nanda Parbat or some similar secretive place to begin her training. It's later revealed that Shiva, Richard Dragon, and Bronze Tiger trained a number of American combatants including Vic Sage, Bruce Wayne, and Dinah Lance.

It's really too good an IP to give up on. It just needs a little work and TLC.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    A little massaging of the characters by a creative mind and they'd be fine.

1. Spin Huntress and Canary off in their own HBO Max show, a la Falcon and Winter Soldier. You can introduce a new Green and Red Arrow there, too, as well as other Birds of Prey characters.

2. Bring them in as supporting characters in current DCEU films. For instance, both Canary and Huntress have comic book ties to the JSA. Put them in big roles there to help them shine a bit. Canary can spin-off into a film with Green Arrow. Huntress can head back to the Bat crew. Then both can go on further adventures together in another season of Birds of Prey on HBO Max.

3. Cassandra is easy. Her mother arrives in America to reclaim her, and takes her away to Nanda Parbat or some similar secretive place to begin her training. It's later revealed that Shiva, Richard Dragon, and Bronze Tiger trained a number of American combatants including Vic Sage, Bruce Wayne, and Dinah Lance.

It's really too good an IP to give up on. It just needs a little work and TLC.
    Agreed. And there's still the possibility of spinning Canary into a movie with Green Arrow. I personally don't care for Charlie Hunnam (the fan favorite choice...I prefer Alexander Skarsgaard), but Jurnee would have great chemistry with both.