Page 401 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    I mean the continuity between movies already didn't mean much in the DCEU.
    Eh DCEU continuity was pretty tight from MOS -> BvS -> SS -> JL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    A very long time. The biggest CB film of the last century starred a then-nobody named Christopher Reeve.
    Yes but Marlon Brando got top billing. And it also had Gene Hackman, Ned Beatty, Jackie Cooper, and Glenn Ford. All pretty big names at the time. I think Margot Kidder was also a star by then.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yes but Marlon Brando got top billing. And it also had Gene Hackman, Ned Beatty, Jackie Cooper, and Glenn Ford. All pretty big names at the time. I think Margot Kidder was also a star by then.
    But nobody went to see them specifically. We all went to see it for Superman and him alone.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Let's be honest, here. Neither Leo nor Tom are at Marvel, so they don't have any bankable stars, either. They get by on branding. None of the Marvel stars (past or present) are theater fillers outside the MCU. The only one who's done it is Pratt, and even then it was for a fan favorite franchise, Jurassic Park. He, himself, is not a box office draw. No one at Marvel (save Marvel) is.

Astonishing Member

According to this study people are more likely to see DC movies at home than Marvel or Star Wars movies.
    A whopping 66% said they would consider watching the next films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe or Star Wars franchise from home. And for the next movies in the DC Universe or Harry Potter franchise, people were even more likely to consider watching from home. Only 27% said they would need to see the next DC Universe movie in theaters, while 25% said the same about the next Harry Potter film.
    https://flixed.io/going-to-the-movie...g-at-home/amp/

Anyone’s thoughts on this?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You guys are actually treating Grace like she’s some insider? Lmao.

Yes guys after Aquaman made a billion and Joker is on track to break a billion no one is interested in working with WB.
    I mean she was on point with BoP so far.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    [B]

I mean she was on point with BoP so far.
    What was she on point about?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What was she on point about?
    She was like the first one to break out the whole gist of the movie which from the trailers seems true. She pointed out how this movie is purely going to be marketing more towards Margot and Harley which so far based on the posters and little talks are also true.

So far what we were given seems about right.

Her WW coverage seems iffy to me though but then again we have no idea where WB is going with the DCEU.

Come on man, anyone with a brain knew Margot and Harley were going to be the focus of the marketing. You don’t need any insider info to guess that, heck most people were calling it would be like that when it was announced Harley would be in the movie.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Come on man, anyone with a brain knew Margot and Harley were going to be the focus of the marketing. You don’t need any insider info to guess that, heck most people were calling it would be like that when it was announced Harley would be in the movie.
    I would have been very surprised if she weren't the focus myself.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Aren’t there other rumors that Wonder Woman 84 may have a Flashpoint-like sequence where Diana changes the timeline or alters reality?
    I don't doubt that Grace Randolph has a source that told her this. I think it's safe to say that Warner was trying out different ideas for how to handle their universe when things were in flux before the release of JUSTICE LEAGUE and after that. We know they planned Flash to be Flashpoint, so it's easy to imagine them looking for some other solution, also. They likely did think about using WW 84 for that purpose. But if it doesn't happen in the final edit, we'll never likely know if it was a viable option at some point. If they can do three different Justice League movies (according to Kevin Smith) while all the while pretending that it's the same movie and never admitting the truth--then it's entirely possible several versions of WW 84 exist by now that we will never see.

I think it's most probable there will be something in the final WW 84 release that will reset her timeline--it might just be a quick bit of dialogue. But something will be there in the movie. Now that they know they can get away with completely ignoring continuity, a big Flashpoint type scene doesn't have to be there. But they probably want to change the record on Wonder Woman from what we saw in BVS, so they have a free hand to use her in future movies.

Forget dialogue. If Diana is walking around in public and in costume, and everyone’s memories somehow don’t get wiped at the end, that throws BvS out the window. Given that both Patty and Gal have said WW walking away from humanity was a mistake expect that continuity to get completely disregarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    According to this study people are more likely to see DC movies at home than Marvel or Star Wars movies.

https://flixed.io/going-to-the-movie...g-at-home/amp/

Anyone’s thoughts on this?
    How costumer's perceive they spend their money really doesn't match how they actually spend it. If you ask if if I'm going to buy the new Pokemon game I'll tell you that, "Game looks like crap, Gamefreak are hacks, of course not!" Yet, I'll probably buck and buy the game anyway and this is me, the apex of logical discourse and reason, saying this. The numbers don't match actual box office performance too, unless you pretend every MCU film is Infinity War.

If you want to use this as an example that DC has a branding problem, then sure, but any DC fan already knows that. There was basically a two year smear campaign against the company which the company only rebuffed with their recent string of successes.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 11-07-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    She was like the first one to break out the whole gist of the movie which from the trailers seems true. She pointed out how this movie is purely going to be marketing more towards Margot and Harley which so far based on the posters and little talks are also true.

So far what we were given seems about right.

Her WW coverage seems iffy to me though but then again we have no idea where WB is going with the DCEU.
    For the GA shes the only one which is recognizable as a known figure and for the CB fans shes the only one recognizable as a character from the comics.

Forget dialogue. If Diana is walking around in public and in costume, and everyone’s memories somehow don’t get wiped at the end, that throws BvS out the window. Given that both Patty and Gal have said WW walking away from humanity was a mistake expect that continuity to get completely disregarded.
    It would just be such a lazy ass job to just do it so blunt when the DC universe has a million options to do it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    DC is having so much trouble attracting big name talent that Joaquin Phoenix and Robert Deniro just did a huge hit movie for them, lmao. That argument is nonsense. Yes, it's true that Pattinson is not exactly a bankable A-list leading man, but the actual name brand of the actor stopped being relevant in superhero movies quite a long time ago. Look at how many hits Marvel has produced and then look at how many of those lead roles were played by well known, bankable stars. It's pretty much Benedict Cumberbatch, Scarlett Johansson and now I guess Angelina Jolie. Maybe Bradley Cooper if we're counting voices.

It's been said that Reeves went into these meetings with every intention of doing The Batman as a standalone thing unrelated to BVS or Justice League. There was that whole kerfluffle where he walked away from the project during negotiations, which was allegedly because he wanted more creative control.

I'm thinking when it was looking increasingly obvious that Ben wanted out and would not be back for this, the studio still wanted it to be a prequel starring a younger version of that same Batman, and Reeves obviously opposed that idea.
    Mindblowing they did not just booted him in favor of one that is actually interested in a shared universe.