Page 381 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2813313713773783793803813823833843853914314818811381 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 20948

We're in a different era now. I don't think the upcoming movie's focus on her "emancipation" from the Joker is a coincidence, given the current climate.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Nothing about Miller screams Flash and he d tie it to Justice League.
    Black Adam has been in the works so long I Don t care anymore.
    Glad Leto won t be a part of SS and hopefully they ll drop Harley as well

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    We're in a different era now. I don't think the upcoming movie's focus on her "emancipation" from the Joker is a coincidence, given the current climate.
    I get that, though SS was only 3 years ago, but it was also pre MeToo.

Retired

It seems like Poison Ivy would be a good character to have in a movie about the emancipation of one Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It seems like Poison Ivy would be a good character to have in a movie about the emancipation of one Harley Quinn.
    If she isn’t at least teased at the end of BoP I’m going to be very disappointed.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Joker is very close to breaking the foreign grosses record for a CB film already, FWIW.
    Two days later and it has the record. The adjusted record for inflation by The Exorcist looks pretty unbeatable, however.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If she isn’t at least teased at the end of BoP I’m going to be very disappointed.
    Why? Unless Ivy is specifically tagged for a role already I don't really care. Except for the Thanos stuff (which changed significantly and didn't reflect the final version of the character), don't all MCU films only have end credits scenes that tied into a movie that was already filmed or in post-production? There is no film for Ivy slated, so you're essentially advertising a film that may come out in 2-3 years?
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-20-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Two days later and it has the record. The adjusted record for inflation by The Exorcist looks pretty unbeatable, however.
    Looks like The Joker will easily have the worldwide unadjusted record for an R-rated flick before it ends its run, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I am guessing if WB had went with the Gotham City Sirens movie, Poison Ivy would have been. That was sort of the whole point of the Gotham City Sirens comic book series.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Why? Unless Ivy is specifically tagged for a role already I don't really care. Except for the Thanos stuff (which changed significantly and didn't reflect the final version of the character), don't all MCU films only had end credits scenes that tied into a film that was already film or in post-production? There is no film for Ivy slated, so you're essentially advertising a film that may come out in 2-3 years?
    Supposedly there is going to be a trilogy, with Gotham City Sirens as the next movie and Gotham City Sirens vs Birds of Prey as the third part. So it would make sense for Ivy and Catwoman to be mentioned somewhere.
    At the end would be a perfect place to build anticipation for the next movie.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I've said it before but visuals aside, I don't see that much different from Leto and Ledger's mannerisms. Creepy stares, weird ticks, unpredictable mood swings. I don't get how the purring is make-or-break for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I've said it before but visuals aside, I don't see that much different from Leto and Ledger's mannerisms. Creepy stares, weird ticks, unpredictable mood swings. I don't get how the purring is make-or-break for some people.
    The tattoos were more of a dealbreaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Why? Unless Ivy is specifically tagged for a role already I don't really care. Except for the Thanos stuff (which changed significantly and didn't reflect the final version of the character), don't all MCU films only have end credits scenes that tied into a movie that was already filmed or in post-production? There is no film for Ivy slated, so you're essentially advertising a film that may come out in 2-3 years?
    Did not stopped DC from doing post credits that are (excluding the SS one and maybe Shazam; but thats only because its too new) completely meaningless towards the bigger scope. At least we know how Sinestro and Deathstoke could have looked like :P

With Ivy though probably because she Harley best friend; played a big role in Harley realizing that Joker just abuses her and is usually there for her emotional breakdowns. I'd say CB Ivy is the most important supporting character for CB Harley. It does not quite work IMO though with the way Suicide Squad presented the Harley / Joker relationship. Opposed to CB Joker who usually laugh his ass off of Harleys misfortunes (sometimes even initiated by himself) the DCEU Joker seem to care for her. It was an interesting twist to see; but one polar opposite to the one sided way it is in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    and hopefully they ll drop Harley as well
    They're already filming and she's been confirmed part of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I am guessing if WB had went with the Gotham City Sirens movie, Poison Ivy would have been. That was sort of the whole point of the Gotham City Sirens comic book series.

Supposedly there is going to be a trilogy, with Gotham City Sirens as the next movie and Gotham City Sirens vs Birds of Prey as the third part. So it would make sense for Ivy and Catwoman to be mentioned somewhere.
    At the end would be a perfect place to build anticipation for the next movie.
    I'd guess Harley is incarcerated in Arkham again at the end of BoP and the end credits scene is a setup for The Suicide Squad with Amanda Waller reappearing to recruit Harley in Task Force X again.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They're already filming and she's been confirmed part of the cast.
    Thanks for the heads up. Then I hope she'll put the Suicide in Suicide Squad
    I really hoped they'd replace Flagg and Harley but its good to see they kept Viola Davis' Waller
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 10-21-2019 at 01:24 AM.