Page 407 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507907 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I'm not one that particularly cares about the race bending of most characters (some I do have an issue with, but most I honestly don't care). However, I'm starting to join the crowd that wants to see something other than just white and black actors/actresses. I mean, if they have a memo to specifically push diversity, then it's time to start stretching out a little into the Asian and Hispanic realms because why not at this point?
    Still wishing they had gone with Eiza González as Catwoman. Plus she is 5'8" so more the height I would expect Catwoman to be.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    We've had an Arab Halo, a half-Vietnamese Artemis Crock and an Indian Dolphin in Young Justice, latino Wild Dog and Wildcat in Arrow, a Japanese Mercy Graves, a half-Japanese Beast Boy on Titans, a latina Crazy Jane on Doom Patrol and a Polynesian Aquaman.
    The arab halo is a black arab by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    io9 is claiming she's playing a character named Bella, a "grassroots political candidate". Which doesn't rule out her being Babs, really.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-batman-j...ter-1839784497
    Sounds more like Mayor Grange.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The arab halo is a black arab by the way.
    Where was that stated? She just looked like a typical cartoon brown person to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where was that stated? She just looked like a typical cartoon brown person to me.
    She looks black to me like the new indian mutant trinary from x-men and timeslip.
    Arabs could be white,black or brown.

For the cartoon young justice version she has around same skin tone as cyborg.

In fact she is darker.

Last edited by mace11; 11-12-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If it's Barbara, so far this is the 3rd character turned from white to black. I hope Reeves and WB are aware that diversity isn't limited to black and white.
    James Gordon should have a Swedish daughter, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    James Gordon should have a Swedish daughter, obviously.
    Or he could be Hispanic instead. Or he could have a wife of let's say Middle-Eastern descent and Barbara could be mixed race Middle-Eastern. If you want diversity, then make it actually diverse, instead of having two colors. Like I said, I would be very pleased if Andy Serkis plays Alfred. As mentioned before, they could've cast Eiza Gonzalez or Ana de Armas and had a Latina Catwoman, or they could pay tribute to Billy Dee and have a black Harvey Dent. Those are a few examples of a more diverse cast that isn't limited to changing the characters to one specific group.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-12-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Or he could be Hispanic instead.
    Right or he could be black because that's how Reeves envisioned his take on the character. This argument keeps popping up and it's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    She looks black to me like the new indian mutant trinary from x-men and timeslip.
    Arabs could be white,black or brown.

For the cartoon young justice version she has around same skin tone as cyborg.

In fact she is darker.

Arabs have a variety of skin tones, lmao.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-12-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Right or he could be black because that's how Reeves envisioned his take on the character. This argument keeps popping up and it's silly.
    If studios want to showcase how diverse their comic book movies are by purposely raceswapping old characters, then doesn't it make more sense to try to be diverse across the board. Not sure how it's a silly argument given the current topic of discussion about diversity in entertainment.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-12-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Pattison's batsuit is rumored to be the classic blue&grey and will be revealed next moth:

"I’m hearing the Batsuit in Matt Reeves’ Batman will be blue and gray and that we might get a first look next month! Haven’t been able to confirm it yet but comes from a reliable source."

https://twitter.com/thomas_polito/st...37788826673152

"Take this as a rumor, but we are hearing from a reliable source #TheBatman’s suit will be a modernized take on the West costume, incorporating Blues and Greys, but no longer yellow, but most importantly I’m told it will feature the white eyes, a little like this minus the yellow"

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...39325372055552
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-12-2019 at 01:52 PM.

If studios want to showcase how diverse their comic book movies are by purposely raceswapping old characters, then doesn't it make more sense to try to be diverse across the board. Not sure how it's a silly argument given the current topic of discussion about diversity in entertainment.
    Easy. It's made on the assumption that the primary or only goal is diversity and not just the specific vision the director had for the character, or (GASP) him wanting to work with specific actors. His first choice was Mahershala Ali, an Oscar winner, and now he's working with Jeffrey Wright, another damn fine actor. Trying to make it into a box checklist "Well why couldn't he have cast a Mexican Gordon if he wanted to be diverse!" misses the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Pattison's batsuit is rumored to be the classic blue&grey and will be revealed next moth:

"Take this as a rumor, but we are hearing from a reliable source #TheBatman’s suit will be a modernized take on the West costume, incorporating Blues and Greys, but no longer yellow, but most importantly I’m told it will feature the white eyes, a little like this minus the yellow"

"I’m hearing the Batsuit in Matt Reeves’ Batman will be blue and gray and that we might get a first look next month! Haven’t been able to confirm it yet but comes from a reliable source."

That's awesome if true.

Retired

Going by last names, you'd assume that Kents, Waynes, Kanes and Lanes came from England, Gordons from Scotland and Olsens from Denmark. To explain how people with other origins have these European names, you have to assume these are slaves names, or they inter-married, or they were adopted, or they changed their names to assimilate into the dominant culture. So even though you've given these characters no back story, there's an implicit back story in how they got the family names. It would be a lot easier to introduce diversity with characters that retain the traditional family names of their ancestors.

With Lana Lang--the family name can go either way. It could be German or Hungarian, but it can also be Chinese. However, on SMALLVILLE, they made it that Lana's father of record and her biological father were both of European ancestry--and it was her mother that was Amerasian, with the maiden name Potter. Oopsy.

So blue and grey but with no yellow oval or belt?

Be interesting to see how the white eyes look.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Black is always best for Bats, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

For those that might get Kirkus Reviews magazines-the OGN Green Lantern Legacy and Diana Princess of the Amazons get quick reviews.

GL Legacy-the only establish Lantern seems to be John Stewart (although it says look for cameos). Tai (the lead" gets his ring from his grandmother who was once a lantern (one of the best). A new alien lantern is introduced.

Diana is pretty described as a more kid friendly introduction to Wonder Woman. Although it does not lean on WW lore as much.

I want to say they did a Raven review but I have yet to see one for Beast Boy or Mera's novel.