Page 240 of 270 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4047
  1. #3586
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's common movie knowledge, age doesn't really matter.
    I recently watched a video where Kevin Smith talked about how he remembered angry people at his comic shop screaming about how only absolute morons would cast Mr. Mom as Batman. I almost want that rumor about Jack Black as the Penguin to be true so people will have a meltdown about a comedian playing a supervillain.

  2. #3587
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I recently watched a video where Kevin Smith talked about how he remembered angry people at his comic shop screaming about how only absolute morons would cast Mr. Mom as Batman. I almost want that rumor about Jack Black as the Penguin to be true so people will have a meltdown about a comedian playing a supervillain.
    I mean...Danny DeVito was the Penguin so ...

  3. #3588
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean...Danny DeVito was the Penguin so ...
    Awesome casting.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  4. #3589
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,170

    Default

    At the time I thought that Danny DeVito would make the perfect Penguin, but I couldn't really enjoy his performance in the movie. I learned to appreciate it by the third or fourth viewing, but it wasn't something I loved, like I did Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. It was hard to understand what he was saying and it made it seem like the Penguin is a deformed person, which carried over into other media.

    But like Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito wasn't really a comedian. He was an actor that appeared in comedic movies and TV shows, but he also did serious roles. For example in ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST--produced by Michael Douglas. And Keaton is another Michael Douglas. Keaton started out on MISTER ROGER'S NEIGHBOURHOOD and he had some serious roles after that, most notably in CLEAN AND SOBER which helped get him the Batman job.

  5. #3590
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Nah we're not so bad. There's a whole hell of a lot worse out there in the internet.
    Plus, sometimes healthy skepticism is warranted.

  6. #3591

  7. #3592
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,791

    Default

    Well, she's confident .

  8. #3593
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,170

    Default

    But as we've seen with some movies lately, when you release a movie has a big effect on how much money it will make. Especially for good blockbuster movies. As much money as ENDGAME has made, it probably would have made even more (maybe 3 billion) if it had been released before Christmas. AQUAMAN managed to make over a billion by being released just before Christmas, whereas SHAZAM! probably would have made more if it didn't come out in such a narrow window between CAPTAIN MARVEL and ENDGAME.

    If WONDER WOMAN 1984 is really that good, then it should be released at a time where it has the best chance of making lots of money. I don't think it can be released this summer and if it was released around Christmas 2019, then it would be up against STAR WARS IX. So what release date could they give it that would give it the best chance of making lots of money?

  9. #3594
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But as we've seen with some movies lately, when you release a movie has a big effect on how much money it will make. Especially for good blockbuster movies. As much money as ENDGAME has made, it probably would have made even more (maybe 3 billion) if it had been released before Christmas. AQUAMAN managed to make over a billion by being released just before Christmas, whereas SHAZAM! probably would have made more if it didn't come out in such a narrow window between CAPTAIN MARVEL and ENDGAME.

    If WONDER WOMAN 1984 is really that good, then it should be released at a time where it has the best chance of making lots of money. I don't think it can be released this summer and if it was released around Christmas 2019, then it would be up against STAR WARS IX. So what release date could they give it that would give it the best chance of making lots of money?
    Looking at the slate of everything coming out this year nothing would be an opportune time. Maybe mid-August but there is a lot of competition and pushing the slate wouldn't really work for 2019.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  10. #3595
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,354

    Default

    The current date is fine. Marvel's only entry for Summer 2020 is Black Widow, and that summer in general looks leaner than this summer. WW should dominate again if the sequel lives up to expectations. No point in bringing it back to its original early November date where in its later weeks it would have to deal with Frozen 2, Star Wars 9 and Jumanji 3.

  11. #3596
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    AQUAMAN managed to make over a billion by being released just before Christmas, whereas SHAZAM! probably would have made more if it didn't come out in such a narrow window between CAPTAIN MARVEL and ENDGAME.
    Coming from someone who enjoyed SHAZAM!, it had an ample window to make good money but unfortunately didn't. It even had one Easter Weekend to bring in lots of money but the audience wasn't interested. A poster mentioned that Christmas was a good time slot and since it was more family friendly I agree.

  12. #3597
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The current date is fine. Marvel's only entry for Summer 2020 is Black Widow, and that summer in general looks leaner than this summer. WW should dominate again if the sequel lives up to expectations. No point in bringing it back to its original early November date where in its later weeks it would have to deal with Frozen 2, Star Wars 9 and Jumanji 3.
    2020 looks pretty weak. WW should take the crown or at least finish in second place. Thinking 2020 will finish as one of the lowest grossing box offices in the past two decades.

  13. #3598
    Astonishing Member El_Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    2020 looks pretty weak. WW should take the crown or at least finish in second place. Thinking 2020 will finish as one of the lowest grossing box offices in the past two decades.
    That seems like a Hollywood tradition though. The 1st year of the decade is usually the least grossing year (2010, 2000...etc)
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

  14. #3599
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,461

    Default

    EXCLUSIVE: ‘The Suicide Squad’ Audition Sample Scene Possibly Reveals First Plot Details: https://thegww.com/exclusive-the-sui...-plot-details/

  15. #3600
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,614

    Default

    Apparently O'Connor's Suicide Squad script had a brainwashed Supergirl as one of the antagonists, but it sounds like a different character is filling a similar role in Gunn's version.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •