Page 102 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 20948
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    It would be interesting to know if Aquamans success had a detectable retroactive effect on sales of previous movies in the franchise. Like ppl just now getting hocked because of Aquaman buying Justice League for him playing a major part in there and from there maybe getting hooked to the DCEU.
    That would be nice, that means more people discovering BvS ultimate edition and hopefully more people hopping on the cause to release the Snyder cut of JL

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like they spoke to soon. Looks like The Upside will knock it out of first place after all.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4474&p=.htm
    What an upset if this holds and THE UPSIDE steals the crown from the King of the Seas. I assumed the distributor dropped THE UPSIDE in the January dumping ground because it was a no good movie. I mean, I like the original flick--LES INTOUCHABLES--but this remake appears to be a poor imitation. Maybe folks just want to give Kevin Hart some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    That would be nice, that means more people discovering BvS ultimate edition and hopefully more people hopping on the cause to release the Snyder cut of JL
    Not only that; it will show WB some financial reason to be a bit more loyal to the DCEU movies done; to DCEU characters established and less fearful of DCEU movies to be done (and less fearful of extended and CGI cleaned Justice League versions to be released ).

edit: Extended JL yes; with more scenes Snyder had done also. But a blank Snyder cut I'm not sure that will work. He planned a two parter after all. I think it would be wiser if Snyder and Whedon sat together and get that done. Snyder has massive talent for the visuals; Whedon simple gets it more. My opinion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    What an upset if this holds and THE UPSIDE steals the crown from the King of the Seas. I assumed the distributor dropped THE UPSIDE in the January dumping ground because it was a no good movie. I mean, I like the original flick--LES INTOUCHABLES--but this remake appears to be a poor imitation. Maybe folks just want to give Kevin Hart some love.
    No, The Upsides success is simply because after Aquaman ppl want to see a Queen Atlana acclimated to surface world live :-P
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 01-12-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Retired

Well Nicole Kidman is having quite the weekend. Still number one in the USA with THE UPSIDE and in the billion dollar club with AQUAMAN.

Worldwide: $1,001,261,781

Weekend domestic estimate:
    1. The Upside $19,590,000
    2. Aquaman $17,265,000

Aquaman did it. First DCEU film to cross a billion and outdo The Dark Knight. Currently the second highest DC film with the chance to beat out The Dark Knight Rises as well.

Aquaman passed the $1 billion global mark this weekend.

Aquaman grossed an estimated $27.9M internationally this weekend. International total stands at $732.4M, global total stands at $1.020B.

#Aquaman #BoxOffice @wbpictures @aquamanmovie

Source: https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...89848512077824

Forbes: Aquaman just crossed 1 Billion and here's a big reason why

Retired

I wish that the Billion Dollar Club was a real thing like the Five Timers Club on SNL and we could see a video of Aquaman being welcomed into the club by the other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Aquaman did it. First DCEU film to cross a billion and outdo The Dark Knight. Currently the second highest DC film with the chance to beat out The Dark Knight Rises as well.

Forbes: Aquaman just crossed 1 Billion and here's a big reason why

Mighty Member
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

With the DCEU's track record, it's not surprising to think it would fail.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Haha wow I really hope people are reminding these writers of their incredibly inaccurate predictions.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I disagree. The DCEU has failed in regard to expectations for two of its films, but overall, it has made money for WB.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

But every DCEU film except Justice League has been incredibly successful financially, and I think even JL managed to break even.

I don't see where the "it could be the worst yet" predictions were coming from, as James Wan as a director has a better track record than Zack Snyder and David Ayer. Not to mention Aquaman like Wonder Woman had a relatively simple solo hero origin story to tell unlike the convoluted scripts of Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Justice League that had to introduce multiple heroes or anti-heroes.

Mighty Member

That’s THEIR problem. I wasn’t going to write off Aquaman because of some movies not doing too well in their universe. I’m gonna judge a film on it’s own merits. Not really a hard concept to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Haha wow I really hope people are reminding these writers of their incredibly inaccurate predictions.
    A lot of those writers on Twitter are super silent. I mean what else could they possibly say? I’d be embarrassed too lol.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I disagree. The DCEU has failed in regard to expectations for two of its films, but overall, it has made money for WB.
    I'm not referring to money, I don't get any of it so it doesn't concern me. I mean fail in terms of the craft of filmmaking and reaction to the movies. So I would say 3 movies instead of 2.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    That’s THEIR problem. I wasn’t going to write off Aquaman because of some movies not doing too well in their universe. I’m gonna judge a film on it’s own merits. Not really a hard concept to grasp.
    I know it's not hard to grasp, glad you can do it. I wasn't advocating to write off Aquaman, I was just saying the DCEU's track record hasn't been quality. People freaking out about movies will never not be a new thing.