Page 105 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 555951011021031041051061071081091151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Rumor: Warner Bros Exploring ‘Harley Quinn’ Trilogy: ‘Birds Of Prey’; ‘Gotham City Sirens’; ‘Birds Of Prey v Gotham City Sirens’: https://thegww.com/rumor-warner-bros...m-city-sirens/
    I...I really am just so done with Harley Quinn right now .
    Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Aquaman is on pace to out gross Captain America Civil War at the box office. Who would have thought, even after Justice League's BO bomb.
    All the more ironic since I recall Civil War came up as a counter to BvS.

Rumor: Warner Bros Exploring ‘Harley Quinn’ Trilogy: ‘Birds Of Prey’; ‘Gotham City Sirens’; ‘Birds Of Prey v Gotham City Sirens’: https://thegww.com/rumor-warner-bros...m-city-sirens/
    This sounds brutal.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Welcome to the club friend. The ride never ends, we just can't beat the Hot Topic crowd.

Mighty Member

This is a terrible idea. But hey, you people wanted more female-led superhero flicks. You got it. I'm so sick of being forcefed Batman related content.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

Why does Harley Quinn have to be one of DC's most popular characters? I found her annoying in BTAS and I felt like her modern portrayals are more refreshing but overall this character annoys me so much

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Why does Harley Quinn have to be one of DC's most popular characters? I found her annoying in BTAS and I felt like her modern portrayals are more refreshing but overall this character annoys me so much
    Don't forget about her upcoming animated series. There will be no shortage of Harley content anytime soon.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Don't forget about her upcoming animated series. There will be no shortage of Harley content anytime soon.
    Why complain about it? If you don't like it, move on.

I’m actually a Harley fan but the casting for the BoP movie has soured me on the whole thing.

Retired

I have nothing against Margot Robbie or Harley Quinn, but it is confusing that after one team movie which had debatable success, Warner Bros. is pushing an entire franchise around her character. I have to wonder what kind of analysis led them to make this decision--and how might other characters and actors win the same treatment?

You'd think that Wonder Woman would have been the big winner. But they've only planned one more movie with Gal Gadot, so far. Maybe the results of JUSTICE LEAGUE convinced them that she doesn't have enough heat. But how would you make that analysis?

It worries me a little because WB has this habit of making big plans around a character or a set of characters and building up our hopes for great things to come, only to pull the plug when a movie doesn't perform to their expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Just stating a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Wait....what is this?? A rational & logical thought on the internet? You mean to tell me that you're willing to (bear with me here) actually WATCH something before tearing it apart? Are you paid by WB? Be honest :P
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have nothing against Margot Robbie or Harley Quinn, but it is confusing that after one team movie which had debatable success, Warner Bros. is pushing an entire franchise around her character. I have to wonder what kind of analysis led them to make this decision--and how might other characters and actors win the same treatment?

You'd think that Wonder Woman would have been the big winner. But they've only planned one more movie with Gal Gadot, so far. Maybe the results of JUSTICE LEAGUE convinced them that she doesn't have enough heat. But how would you make that analysis?

It worries me a little because WB has this habit of making big plans around a character or a set of characters and building up our hopes for great things to come, only to pull the plug when a movie doesn't perform to their expectations.
    Almost $800 Million for a team movie with a bad critical reception is debateable success? I agree with the rest of your post, but I'm not sure the box office success is very debateable. A film with a ton of characters the general audience had not heard of (outside of Harley and....maybe Croc) sold nearly 800 million dollars worth of tickets and was a merchandising juggernaut. It resonated with a lot of non-comics viewers, and I think we all as comic fans need to get out of this cycle of considering movies a success only if we personally like them. I'm not saying that's what you are doing Jim, just saying it in general.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 01-17-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Apparently there will be another draft for The Batman, one that increases action and spectacle (aka dumbing it down).

Still hoping for Gyllenhaal as Batman. Maybe there will be an anouncement after Spider-Man Far from Home is out of theatres.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Apparently there will be another draft for The Batman, one that increases action and spectacle (aka dumbing it down).

Still hoping for Gyllenhaal as Batman. Maybe there will be an anouncement after Spider-Man Far from Home is out of theatres.
    No way dude. Pretty sure Marvel has all their actors sign contracts that prohibit them from doing DC work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

In theory it could be a nice trilogy; I enjoyed Suicide Squad and Robbies HQ. But practically I'm worried about the characters which are not Harley Quinn. Because right know my impression and expectation is at the lowest. They don't even dare a spot on portrayal of Black Canary; Montoyas actress would be right at half her age. WB need to get into their thick skulls that the other characters are decades old and have fan bases too. Diversity in that case a lie, they could have taken diverse characters easily as much. I'd take a spot on Vixen and/or latino Wildcat a million times over these character assassinations. I fear the worst for Ivy Catwoman