Page 111 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 11611011071081091101111121131141151211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 20948
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Honestly, I feel like they should just recast the role of the Flash for the DCEU. Ezra Miller is the reason The Flash film keeps being delayed, due to his commitment to other films. At this rate, keeping him as Flash means we won't get his solo film until at least 2022, or even 2023 depending on what WB does with Fantastic Beasts.
    I've been saying this for about a year now. I think it would only help. Wonder Woman and Aquaman have both had widely successful solo films. Recasting The Flash before his solo film would help pull him out of the shadows of JL and its disappointment. Let the Flash directors or Hamada cast "their" Flash rather than just use an unproven casting from the previous regime. Only WW and Aquaman have proven themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Rebirth and Secret Origins, most likely.

Recasting half the universe will hurt it. Even one or two main recasts will raise eyebrows by itself, and the movies would have to be nearly flawless elsewhere for audiences to overlook it without confusion imo.
    Recasting the ones without successful solo movies wouldn't be a big issue. Especially since their previous appearances hasn't been particularly successful or well received.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I've been saying this for about a year now. I think it would only help. Wonder Woman and Aquaman have both had widely successful solo films. Recasting The Flash before his solo film would help pull him out of the shadows of JL and its disappointment. Let the Flash directors or Hamada cast "their" Flash rather than just use an unproven casting from the previous regime. Only WW and Aquaman have proven themselves.
    Well, by that logic, a solo film would be a good chance for Miller to prove himself as The Flash without the need of recasting, assuming they can get someone to stick on the solo movie who can do a good a job as Jenkins and Wan did with their respective heroes.

None of the cast where a problem in any of the DCEU movies. Well; 'cept Lex. And even there its not really Eisenbergs fault but what was told to him. I got curious of the short JL after credits Lex he played + I'm a fan of 2nd chances. I think Eisenberg could make it.

When the WB bigwigs still are looking for someone to blame that these otherwise successful movies did not matched expectations; they are probably rich enough for a big mirror to stand in front of.

But now that Momoas Aquaman was the big success its probably also proven that Cavills MoS2 will be a big success if done right. Right? RIGHT? Oh, yeah. That was the pre-release "please give us money" narrative.*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    So they can forget the circumstances under which most of these characters met?
    That's one effect, but the main one is to skip the baggage from MoS, BvS, SS, and JL. Because it everyone of those movies did worse than its predecessor in some way, and also helped drag down WW to perform worse than it otherwise could have done.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, by that logic, a solo film would be a good chance for Miller to prove himself as The Flash without the need of recasting, assuming they can get someone to stick on the solo movie who can do a good a job as Jenkins and Wan did with their respective heroes.
    There is also a 50/50 chance that he could not as well. It would be a shame to delay an already long delayed film even further due to an actor's schedule when he hasn't shown yet that he can carry a franchise. I'm just saying there is a decent opportunity to recast and see what others could offer the role. It would also be a good idea for Hamada and the Flash director to have some say in the casting rather than just inherit the person who Snyder cast. It is a new regime and often these production regimes work best with people who they wanted to work with rather than who they inherited. It would be a whole different story if Miller already had a successful solo Flash movie under his belt... then they would have to wait. Right now I don't think waiting several years just for HIS schedule is justified. Assuming of course that a script could be finished finally... which is of course the biggest issue.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 01-23-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That's one effect, but the main one is to skip the baggage from MoS, BvS, SS, and JL. Because it everyone of those movies did worse than its predecessor in some way, and also helped drag down WW to perform worse than it otherwise could have done.
    I believe that is the main issue. Forget whether you liked the movies or not just look at the critical and public reception...

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

In the aftermath of Aquaman's tremendous box office success and moderate critical success, does anyone feel that the DCEU is any less messy or its future any less uncertain? Hamada can keep playing the "we're being quiet and seeing how films do before making announcements" strategy, but the lack of vision that a full fledged slate of films would solve is troubling. I don't see public perception of the DCEU changing without a lineup of 5-6 films with firm target dates. Just an official WB visual that charts out the films and release schedule would be huge. Right now it just feels like stuff thrown at the wall. Shazam, WW2, Birds of Prey & Harley!...then a bunch of uncertainty. Is The Batman happening? Is The Flash happening? Is New Gods happening? If so, when and who are the people attached. The uncertainty looks like messiness and lack of long-term vision, which is how we got into this mess back in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    None of the cast where a problem in any of the DCEU movies. Well; 'cept Lex. And even there its not really Eisenbergs fault but what was told to him. I got curious of the short JL after credits Lex he played + I'm a fan of 2nd chances. I think Eisenberg could make it.

When the WB bigwigs still are looking for someone to blame that these otherwise successful movies did not matched expectations; they are probably rich enough for a big mirror to stand in front of.

But now that Momoas Aquaman was the big success its probably also proven that Cavills MoS2 will be a big success if done right. Right? RIGHT? Oh, yeah. That was the pre-release "please give us money" narrative.*sigh*
    This guy could just be blowing smoke. But he is making the claim that Henry Cavill is now signed on for four more Superman appearances. Including an appearance in the Supergirl movie and a Man of Steel 2.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    This guy could just be blowing smoke. But he is making the claim that Henry Cavill is now signed on for four more Superman appearances. Including an appearance in the Supergirl movie and a Man of Steel 2.

One can only...hope....

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    In the aftermath of Aquaman's tremendous box office success and moderate critical success, does anyone feel that the DCEU is any less messy or its future any less uncertain? Hamada can keep playing the "we're being quiet and seeing how films do before making announcements" strategy, but the lack of vision that a full fledged slate of films would solve is troubling. I don't see public perception of the DCEU changing without a lineup of 5-6 films with firm target dates. Just an official WB visual that charts out the films and release schedule would be huge. Right now it just feels like stuff thrown at the wall. Shazam, WW2, Birds of Prey & Harley!...then a bunch of uncertainty. Is The Batman happening? Is The Flash happening? Is New Gods happening? If so, when and who are the people attached. The uncertainty looks like messiness and lack of long-term vision, which is how we got into this mess back in 2013.
    Nah. All that stands between the modern DC movies (whether they are called DCEU or not) and success is actually making good movies that resonate with the audience. Like Wonder Woman. Or Aquaman.

People deciding they want to go see film X because it ties into film X+1 or film Y, or judge the quality of a film on if the protagonist is flying, are decidedly in the minority. And throwing stuff at the wall was what DC/WB used to do, before Walter Hamada took over. You still get some, but to me it mostly seems like splashes from the earlier throwings.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    You make it sound that everything was fine BEFORE Hamada took over...

The fact of the matter is that Hamada came aboard to make the DCEU less expensive to produce, while coming up with films that are also profitable. In this regard, Hamada is not going to rush these movies out, nor is he going to necessarily announce who is attached to these films until he is ready to do so. Ergo, it's less to do with having a "long-term" vision, and more about creating competent films that can gain traction with a larger audience, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I believe that is the main issue. Forget whether you liked the movies or not just look at the critical and public reception...
    You're not making any sense. Aquaman success is proof that the public reception of Justice League is not an obstacle. A Flash movie, in the right hands, could be very successful, even if they don't recast Ezra Miller (which I hope they won't do).

On the contrary, Aquaman is rather evidence that WB could overcome the public reception of Justice League. Just as Wonder Woman could overcome the public reception of Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad.

But WB didn't release a single movie DC for a year after Justice League, and Aquaman was tonally extremely different from every other DC movie, and also marketed very differently. It's fun. It's huge. It's colourful.

Of course a Flash movie can be successful, whether or not they cast Ezra Miller. But that Flash movie would need to have as much connection to Justice League, in plot or tone, as Aquaman did. Which in reality is: no real connection at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    You're not making any sense. Aquaman success is proof that the public reception of Justice League is not an obstacle. A Flash movie, in the right hands, could be very successful, even if they don't recast Ezra Miller (which I hope they won't do).
    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    On the contrary, Aquaman is rather evidence that WB could overcome the public reception of Justice League. Just as Wonder Woman could overcome the public reception of Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad.

But WB didn't release a single movie DC for a year after Justice League, and Aquaman was tonally extremely different from every other DC movie, and also marketed very differently. It's fun. It's huge. It's colourful.

Of course a Flash movie can be successful, whether or not they cast Ezra Miller. But that Flash movie would need to have as much connection to Justice League, in plot or tone, as Aquaman did. Which in reality is: no real connection at all.
    I couldn't have said it any better than this poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Ezra Miller on why it is taking so long for the Flash movie to be made.