Page 114 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 14641041101111121131141151161171181241642146141114 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 20948

Besides, isn't it a little exhausting whining endlessly about BvS? You guys won. Snyder's no longer making movies. You got what you wanted. There are super villains that don't hold grudges nearly as long as comic book fans.

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to get people upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    A man in his 40's is not old.
    It is when you are casting for superheroes but I was meaning more for in-universe. Plus using a lot of DKR imagery adds to that old idea.

They could've at least played up that angle. How would an older Bruce with a different generation Clark? They never did anything, they just played up the references and homages for Miller works instead of making something unique.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They didn't do Dark Knight Returns. They took elements from it for the movie. Also, do comic book fans just not know what the word moping actually means? The movie actually did do the fight a little and then team up. It just had some other stuff in between. If you wanted the cartoon go watch that.

Besides, isn't it a little exhausting whining endlessly about BvS? You guys won. Snyder's no longer making movies. You got what you wanted. There are super villains that don't hold grudges nearly as long as comic book fans.
    No one won with BVS. DC blew their chance to do make Batman and Superman's first live-action meeting iconic, they missed the mark with the Trinity in live-action and then they missed the Death of Superman. No one wanted these movies to fail. This was supposed to be a cultural moment, this movie will be dissected and deconstructed for the rest of time.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Aquaman has officially passed The Dark Knight Rises worldwide to become the highest grossing DC film and the second highest grossing WB film.

https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...66872272433157
    Just more confirmation the problem was never with the DCEU, but rather the people chosen to helm it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Just more confirmation the problem was never with the DCEU, but rather the people chosen to helm it
    The problem was Snyder and the stigma his movies brought to the DCEU. The three not directed by Snyder were a box office success. SS was not a critical darling but who cares when it brings in the moolah.

MOS, BVS, and JL should all should have made a billion. DC has the more iconic heroes but got the wrong visionary to establish the DCEU.
    Last edited by Colossus1980; 01-27-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The problem was Snyder and the stigma his movies brought to the DCEU. The three not directed by Snyder were a box office success. SS was not a critical darling but who cares when it brings in the moolah.
    Actually, when it hurts the next movie, one has to care. Suicide Squad had a hugely effective marketing campaign that made it profitable, but it performed just as badly as Man of Steel and Justice League after the opening week. It put Wonder Woman with additional stigma to overcome (not only due to every other superheroine movie being bad, but adding a bad movie preceding it, as well as giving lots of openings for rumours about troubled production).

Look at the Transformers franchise for what happens when the people doing the movie only cares about the money.

MOS, BVS, and JL should all should have made a billion. DC has the more iconic heroes but got the wrong visionary to establish the DCEU.
    I don't think solo DC movies have to make one billion to be successful (like SS and WW were) as long as they makes a good profit and most like them a lot. However, the first film with Batman and Superman, and then a big team up film like JL, really should have made one billion easily.

So YES, the problem was Snyder and his vision. It was too flawed and too bleak and joyless in general. I'm very curious about his cut of JL.. but if Superman was "evil" in it for most of the movie, then wow, Snyder really never truly got Superman and why millions of people love him around the world.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 01-27-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    No one won with BVS. DC blew their chance to do make Batman and Superman's first live-action meeting iconic, they missed the mark with the Trinity in live-action and then they missed the Death of Superman. No one wanted these movies to fail. This was supposed to be a cultural moment, this movie will be dissected and deconstructed for the rest of time.
    agreed. I just hope and pray WB give Superman another chance because it wasn't his fault. Give him a filmmaker like James Wan who knows these films needs to have some fun too and lighthearted moments to make us care for these characters besides all the epic action and danger. Batman can be dark and angsty, but Superman just isn't. At least not for a whole movie.

It is when you are casting for superheroes but I was meaning more for in-universe. Plus using a lot of DKR imagery adds to that old idea.
    Wasn't RDJ in his 40's when he was cast as Iron Man?
    They could've at least played up that angle. How would an older Bruce with a different generation Clark? They never did anything, they just played up the references and homages for Miller works instead of making something unique.
    I wouldn't say they didn't play up the angle at all. I definitely think Affleck captured a more old and world-weary Batman, while still not being "old man Batman" kind of old to contrast with Cavill's younger and more inexperienced Supes.

I don't think they did it as well or in the right way, but I think it was still there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    agreed. I just hope and pray WB give Superman another chance because it wasn't his fault. Give him a filmmaker like James Wan who knows these films needs to have some fun too and lighthearted moments to make us care for these characters besides all the epic action and danger. Batman can be dark and angsty, but Superman just isn't. At least not for a whole movie.
    Superman is a billion dollar franchise if done right IMO. Too bad Singer and Snyder dropped the ball on him. Now I think WB is cautious making a solo film on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Maybe that is a good thing. A Flash movie is always going to be compared to the Flash TV show. And the TV show will probably wrap up by then. 2023 would be the TV show's 9th season and I don't think
    Flash will do a Smallville and get anything like 10 seasons. So a movie will be all the fans of Flash have left and fans will be more willing to give the movie a chance.
    Or Flash could pull a Supernatural and just keep on going.

I'm with El_Gato. As much as I enjoyed Ezra as The Flash, if his schedule keeps delaying the movie, then recast.

It is when you are casting for superheroes
    You should tell that to:

Chadwick Boseman (41)
    RDJ (53)
    Mark Ruffalo (51)
    Don Cheadle (54)
    Ryan Reynolds (42)
    Josh Brolin (50)
    Jeremy Renner (48)

I wasn't saying anyone won with BvS. I meant you guys won in having Snyder removed from the movies and got your wish. Aquaman is also a smash hit which is what you wanted from the DCEU. BvS wasn't the success some people wanted. Fine. Time to move on. What does complaining about it endlessly accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post

See what I mean? How difficult is it to just be happy for Aquaman's box office without bringing Snyder into the conversation? Never mind people's idea of box office success seems to equal = it didn't make a million.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-27-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or Flash could pull a Supernatural and just keep on going.

I'm with El_Gato. As much as I enjoyed Ezra as The Flash, if his schedule keeps delaying the movie, then recast.
    I like Ezra Miller, but I hope for a recasting if only because I'd really prefer we get a movie Flash that doesn't just feel like a trumped-up Kid Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I wasn't saying anyone won with BvS. I meant you guys won in having Snyder removed from the movies and got your wish. Aquaman is also a smash hit which is what you wanted from the DCEU. BvS wasn't the success some people wanted. Fine. Time to move on. What does complaining about it endlessly accomplish?

See what I mean? How difficult is it to just be happy for Aquaman's box office without bringing Snyder into the conversation? Never mind people's idea of box office success seems to equal = it didn't make a million.
    Because Supes is on ice and Bats is getting recasted in order to undo the mess Snyder made. When you radically **** up DC’s two biggest characters to the point we don’t know what the situation is with them, we kinda have to talk about Snyder. Dude left DC in a hole that they’re only now climbing out of.

I’m happy Aquaman made a billion and the stigma about the character is finally gone, but Snyder screwed my favorite character so badly he’s probably not going to get another movie for decade.