Page 117 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 17671071131141151161171181191201211271672176171117 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Keep in mind BoP's budget is supposed to be on the lower side, so it would really have to be a catastrophe with bad WoM/reception for it to end up being a massive bomb. (That, or Bond 25 which is releasing around the same time will steal the audience)

On a side note, someone slowed down the vid to provide some better looks - I have a feeling these aren't the finalized costumes. (For those who were worried, the actress playing Black Canary seems to have dyed her hair... so she's a blonde at least :P)

https://twitter.com/4eyedRaven/statu...15514871152640
    This doesn't really look like a Superhero movie.

I guess it does look like a Harley Quinn movie...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I like Huntress' look
    If you don't mind me asking...why? She looks nothing like herself.

Even Arrow's Huntress looked more comic-accurate by comparison.

Granted, I guess she looks like a mob enforcer like she's supposed to be, but that's not really Huntress.
    Yeah please keep all the Aquaman humor far away from Gotham City and its characters
    What works for WW,Superman, Aquaman etc have proven time and time again to not work for Batman and company
    Let's not forget BoP was written by Gail Simone. It wasn't really a grimdark kind of book even when the Birds dealt with some serious stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    From the way Ezra Miller was talking in an interview about why the Flash movie is taking so long it sure didn't sound like there is going to be any recasting. He seemed super pumped for the movie.
    I know he's very enthusiastic about the property, I just wish I was as enthusiastic about his take on The Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Everyone looks kind of weird. Is this really a Birds of Prey movie (don't answer that question)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Thank you! Black Canary is definitely the standout for me!
    Well, she looks the most like herself so that probably helps .

Also looks like she's wearing one of her concert outfits from the DCYou run.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Now that she is blonde people can shut up about her race.
    Is she? She looks like a light-brunette to me.

I think Huntress is fine
    Frankly a lot of her costumes in the comics are a tad too male gazey for me in general
    I like her look here because it keeps elements from the comics like the mid riff but not seeming gratuitous with her showing too much skin

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    So, in other words, you don't think the DCEU has/had a credibility issue with audiences? Why do you think Justice League bombed so badly? It only made $90 million in its opening weekend.
    Aquaman made less than that and went on to become the biggest box office success in DC film history. Justice League bombed because most people didn't like it, and WB spent too much money on it. If there's anything that was hurting the DCEU, it was its association with Zack Snyder and co. I can't say that Suicide Squad did that much damage to DC's brand with the general audience. They liked it to the tune of $700+M without China! The movie is getting a sequel and a spinoff franchise for Harley Quinn. If this property was so damaging, we wouldn't see these characters again; they'd be benched, like Batman and Superman.

I think Huntress is fine
    Frankly a lot of her costumes in the comics are a tad too male gazey for me in general
    I like her look here because it keeps elements from the comics like the mid riff but not seeming gratuitous with her showing too much skin
    I wasn't asking for the Jim Lee suit but I think you could probably have adapted Huntress' full-body costume from the comics fairly well (and done a better job then Arrow).

Like, I find the cowl, cape, and cross more recognizable then the mid-riff.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

ugh they're going with the cringy edgy pop rock Canary.

CW

Movie

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    ugh they're going with the cringy edgy pop rock Canary.
    It was pretty obvious when they were looking for someone with musical talent for the role.

I kind of wish Canary wasn't in this for a variety of reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldy View Post
    CW

Movie

I don't know if one is better then the other .

(At least Arrow had some purple..)

Fantastic Member

God I’m so fucking hype for BoP. My most anticipated

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Aquaman made less than that and went on to become the biggest box office success in DC film history. Justice League bombed because most people didn't like it, and WB spent too much money on it. If there's anything that was hurting the DCEU, it was its association with Zack Snyder and co. I can't say that Suicide Squad did that much damage to DC's brand with the general audience. They liked it to the tune of $700+M without China! The movie is getting a sequel and a spinoff franchise for Harley Quinn. If this property was so damaging, we wouldn't see these characters again; they'd be benched, like Batman and Superman.
    Yes, exactly. Aquaman made less than that in its opening weekend and why? Hype levels were good but not great. However, the quality of the film turned into good reviews, excellent word of mouth, which equaled the film having legs -- much like Wonder Woman. With their respective opening weekends, Suicide Squad and BvS should have each made well over a billion, but didn't because the word of mouth was so bad.

We aren't seeing those characterS again, just Harley. You honestly think Jared Leto's Joker isn't getting benched? They're making a different freaking Joker movie for crying out loud. That's a huge indictment on the most famous character in Suicide Squad (unless you want to count Batman).

And I'll believe a Suicide Squad 2 is coming out when I see the trailer. Otherwise, it's just part of the giant slate of unfulfilled DCEU announcements.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This doesn't really look like a Superhero movie.
    No it doesn't. Not at all.

Even Arrow's Huntress looked more comic-accurate by comparison.

Granted, I guess she looks like a mob enforcer like she's supposed to be, but that's not really Huntress.
    I'll say it again. We are now in an era where comic movies are nearly completely comic-accurate. This is a step in the wrong direction. I don't need to see Black Mask looking like Bono.

Let's not forget BoP was written by Gail Simone. It wasn't really a grimdark kind of book even when the Birds dealt with some serious stuff.
    Exactly. There is an echo chamber when it comes to all things Gotham and it really hurts the rest of the DC Universe and fandom as a result. Not everything Gotham has to be a victorian noir narrative. And conversely, everything not Gotham isn't uncool. I swear Hot Topic has turned the Bat-Universe against the rest of the DC Universe.

Lol there are actually still people arguing against Suicide Squad's success? I'm sorry but a film that makes almost 750M world wide, without China, isn't a failure.

As for Birds of Prey, I like that they're continuing with the aesthetic established with Suicide Squad. It's very unique and I like that look. Black Canary definitely looked the best, so I'm satisfied. Also with a talented director and screenwriter on board and a much lower budget, I don't see how this film doesn't end being a huge success (200M Domestic and 300M International seems to be the floor for superhero films). Can't wait to see more!!

Edit: Lol comic accuracy complaints. The MCU would disagree with you on that comic accurate claim.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Yeah ss did well at the box office. Like it or hate it the film did well. Funny thing about aquaman is it is the no 1 dc comics movie worldwide but for just America it didn't even make the top 5 highest grossing dc films and is behind--ss!

Aquaman made less then ss in America! Shows the power of china and the worldwide box office today!

Also shows bop could be a hit.

The Harley Quinn cinematic universe looks like it is coming along...

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The Harley Quinn cinematic universe looks like it is coming along...
    I feel bad for Cass and Canary .