Page 13 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723631135131013 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I did think Jordan used to be perfect and that he would not longer fit. But I think the veteran angle could work, he doesn't look THAT old. Honestly it would excite the hell out of me if it came off because he would take it really seriously and bring attention to a brand that took heavy damage.

Side note, I know HJ fans don't like it and I understand them, but a parallax story would be awesome IMO. We've never seen a true superhero turn villain before in a comic book film, I don't think. A scene where he recreates his deceased parents and talks to them in the artificially constructed coast city would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Not if they indeed look for Hal to be this old. I think this rumor has always been BS anyway, I'm just tried of hearing Cruise's name being thrown around in reference to Green Lantern just because he once played a cocky fighter pilot before I was even born.
    Physically he doesn't look too old but when it comes to these castings longevity of the role needs to be taken into account.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Retired

Well, without giving away spoilers, WB only wanted Cruise for one movie to set up the Corps. However, he wants the opportunity to return for future movies, if it's successful. So I find myself taking the side of Tom Cruise on this. Because I want Hal to be a factor in more movies, too.

Despite my aversion to him, the casting of Cruise seems brilliant. It's as one of my film profs said about actors like John Wayne--sometimes you want that ready-made larger than life presence in a movie. It means they don't have to waste screen time on his back story--because we know the Tom Cruise type and that fits with an older Hal Jordan.

If Cruise is really serious about being in the movie, WB would be foolish to turn him down.

I don’t know how much credence I would give to rumors from blind item websites.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well, without giving away spoilers, WB only wanted Cruise for one movie to set up the Corps. However, he wants the opportunity to return for future movies, if it's successful. So I find myself taking the side of Tom Cruise on this. Because I want Hal to be a factor in more movies, too.

Despite my aversion to him, the casting of Cruise seems brilliant. It's as one of my film profs said about actors like John Wayne--sometimes you want that ready-made larger than life presence in a movie. It means they don't have to waste screen time on his back story--because we know the Tom Cruise type and that fits with an older Hal Jordan.

If Cruise is really serious about being in the movie, WB would be foolish to turn him down.
    That's just what scoopers claimed. And it's conflicting reports across the board. Some are saying Hal wasn't going to die but turn into Parallax and Cruise didn't want to play Hal as a bad guy, others are saying Cruise is no longer under consideration, others that he never was, others that he's interested but McQuarrie isn't, etc. I say let's wait for the trades before we take anything these clickbait jackoffs claim at face value.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-17-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Retired

Well, Confuzzled posted the item, pointed out that it might not be true, and gave a potential spoilers warning in case it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Don't know how true this is but Tom Cruise is apparently circling Hal Jordan but wants one very major detail in the script to be changed (potential spoilers):

https://heroichollywood.com/tom-crui...ern-condition/
    And I was trying to address that, by pointing out what would make it a positive thing in my mind (despite not liking Cruise), yet dancing around it so as not to give away the potential spoiler that Confuzzled wanted to avoid, for the sake of posters who don't want too much information.

Of course, if one wants to post spoilers in a thread there's an easy way to do that on these forums. Which maybe would have been the better way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Side note, I know HJ fans don't like it and I understand them, but a parallax story would be awesome IMO. We've never seen a true superhero turn villain before in a comic book film, I don't think. A scene where he recreates his deceased parents and talks to them in the artificially constructed coast city would be incredible.
    Even acknowledging it as an interesting narrative, I think Parallax would be the worst way to re-introduce Hal Jordan to a movie audience unless the plan was to also adapt Rebirth.

Retired

Like with Flashpoint, at this time in the DC movie universe, it's not earned, even if you wanted Hal to be Parallax. It's like the ending of GREEN LANTERN that rushed the Parallax story and had Sinestro make his heel turn in the post credit scene, rather than saving that for future movies. It hardly means anything to the audience since they've just been introduced to the character.

I think Tom Cruise as Hal would actually be a good thing. Yeah he’s in his 50s but he looks like he’s in his 40s. Which works for a veteran version of Hal. Obviously they want John Stewart to be the young new recruit to Hal’s veteran GL. Green Lantern still has a negative stigma attached to it, so having a mega star like Cruise as one of the leads will help people forget the previous movie. It’s similar to having Momoa as Aquaman. They needed his charisma/sex appeal and “badass” rep to change the negative view the mainstream public had of Aquaman.

Sucks that they thought it was a good idea to kill Hal. If it takes Tom Cruise to convince them that it’s a dumb idea, all the better.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Upcoming JL extended version?

Justice League: Special Edition Runtime: 135 min.

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu.../dp/B0794QWCJL

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Maybe they decided to throw those scenes with Cyborg back in

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I'd love to be wrong, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock into it. The original Bluray release last spring had the same runtime, and none of the boxart is new on that DVD. Plus, switching the listing to Bluray just gives the standard BR release.

Strange that it has a release date, though. Maybe they're going to repackage it with another DCEU film.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I'd love to be wrong, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock into it. The original Bluray release last spring had the same runtime, and none of the boxart is new on that DVD. Plus, switching the listing to Bluray just gives the standard BR release.

Strange that it has a release date, though. Maybe they're going to repackage it with another DCEU film.
    Yeah, I think you're right and the runtime is a typo.

I have no idea if they'll ever release a Snyder Cut, but I do wish they'd put out a new release with a ton of deleted scenes in the bonus features section. My personal cut of JL that I made runs 2hrs & 12 mins, but I'd hook up and do unmentionable things with a Parademon to have access to 45 minutes of deleted scenes (or however long they would be).

Releasing a copy with a deleted scenes section may be the only way to shut up those of us who keep demanding a Snyder Cut...or at least, it may quiet down the roar...because we could just piece it together ourselves.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Retired

Maybe that's why they don't want to give you guys those deleted scenes because they know you would do just that--and produce a better version of the movie thatn the one they made.