Page 131 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 31811211271281291301311321331341351411812316311131 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 20948

I really like Canary's civilian look. But in the set video for these pics she seems to be hanging out with Zsasz.

She's ripped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Please let that nose ring only be in that scene that's one of those things distracting to me in fight scenes where I'm like "Just Yank it Out".
    Black Canary is a character who typically fights in fish nets and cleavage-bearing leotards while wearing her hair long but a nose ring is where we're drawing the line?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-07-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Jurnee Sollett as Black Canary on the BoP set:

I guess that confirms she was the one with the bat in the teaser, since the yellow top is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Well she looks like a pop star so they have her civilian look down
    Assuming you think Black Canary is supposed to look like a pop star.

I mean, she was one for a hot-minute and that's obviously the take they're going with here, but it's not something I think is really all that associated with Black Canary's look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    She's ripped.

[IMG]https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://i.imgur.com/bsKiaXE.jpg&]
    It makes it look like she's about to do a Canary Cry. I was kind of wondering if she still has it, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess that confirms she was the one with the bat in the teaser, since the yellow top is the same.

I mean, she was one for a hot-minute and that's obviously the take they're going with here, but it's not something I think is really all that associated with Black Canary's look.

It makes it look like she's about to do a Canary Cry. I was kind of wondering if she still has it, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't.
    Why wouldn't she have it? I get people have issues with the DCEU but for the most part, they've been accurate with characters' powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why wouldn't she have it? I get people have issues with the DCEU but for the most part, they've been accurate with characters' powers.
    Just because this seems like it's going for a more "grounded," street-level, indie type thing and somebody with actual, full-blown, superpowers might not go along with that.

If this was a movie where these women were all dressed in actual Superhero costumes, I could more readily buy them using it.

Just because this seems like it's going for a more "grounded," street-level, indie type thing and somebody with actual, full-blown, superpowers might not go along with that.

If this was a movie where these women were all dressed in actual Superhero costumes, I could more readily buy them using it.
    "Grounded and street level" doesn't necessarily mean the exclusion of super powers. The Marvel Netflix shows were grounded and street level and still had super powers. A sonic cry isn't that over the top compared to what we see in comic book movies any way.

"Grounded and street level" doesn't necessarily mean the exclusion of super powers. The Marvel Netflix shows were grounded and street level and still had super powers. A sonic cry isn't that over the top compared to what we see in comic book movies any way.
    I guess Marvel Netflix does seem a fair comparison for what they're going for here, but we'll have to see if the world they're presenting here is one where a Canary Cry would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    My thoughts exactly

Black Canary is a character who typically fights in fish nets and cleavage-bearing leotards while wearing her hair long but a nose ring is where we're drawing the line?
    Fishnets and leotards are impractical they don't impede a fight. Ling hair while a possible danger is common and thus usually ignore. Nose rings aren't common and thus gets ones attention and I can guarantee you a guy comes after me in a fight with a nose ring he leaves the fight without it because I'm going to notice that nose ring and how it's an advantage to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Fishnets and leotards are impractical they don't impede a fight. Ling hair while a possible danger is common and thus usually ignore. Nose rings aren't common and thus gets ones attention and I can guarantee you a guy comes after me in a fight with a nose ring he leaves the fight without it because I'm going to notice that nose ring and how it's an advantage to me.
    Um, yes they absolutely do impede a fight. There's a reason loose clothing is considered better for fighting in. And if people can ignore how disadvantageous long hair is in a fight they can ignore a nose ring which is much smaller.

I just don't like how the nose ring looks.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I just don't like how the nose ring looks.
    It's a completely different take so it's whatever to me at this point but yeah the nose ring looks off.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Her long hair is a greater impediment in combat than a nose ring. If you don't like the thing, just say you don't like it for cosmetic reasons.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I really don't think the general audience will care.