Page 165 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 651151551611621631641651661671681691752152656651165 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    There's a lot of telling and not showing. Like I said, I thought their romance was nice, but as characters we didn't get to know them a lot. His father's influence has to be inferred heavily.

And Superman and Wonder Woman were definitely shown to have strong moments with their parents. Much stronger ones than anything shown in Aquaman.
    We? You mean, You. I did get to know them enough to care for them a lot.

Let's agree to disagree.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

WB’s ‘The Flash’ Currently Eyeing November 2019 Production Start: https://thegww.com/exclusive-wbs-the...duction-start/

According to Matt Reeves, ‘The Batman’ will start filming "around year’s end": https://twitter.com/KlNQKYRO7/status...49094069964801

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    WB’s ‘The Flash’ Currently Eyeing November 2019 Production Start: https://thegww.com/exclusive-wbs-the...duction-start/

According to Matt Reeves, ‘The Batman’ will start filming "around year’s end": https://twitter.com/KlNQKYRO7/status...49094069964801
    Any DC Universe movie wanting to see the light of the day better start production soon. I have a feeling that after Birds of Prey hits theaters that WB execs are going to be in full panic mode again.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Any DC Universe movie wanting to see the light of the day better start production soon. I have a feeling that after Birds of Prey hits theaters that WB execs are going to be in full panic mode again.
    As long as for once they draw the correct conclusions :P

Meh, they probably will just blame Cavill again. :/

If Shazam is a hit WB will have three solid DC movie franchises to work with. If BoP is a disaster I think it will only effect the Harley Quinn corner of the DCEU they’re putting together.

I'm pretty sure that BoP will actually rock it. It won't cost that much, because it shouldn't be too flashy, it has potential to introduce another corner of the DCEU, outside of huge battles and epic journeys, something more personal and gritty, and yet fun. So far, nothing indicate that it won't be at least a good movie, unlike SS which was gutted by WB.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So far, nothing indicate that it won't be at least a good movie
    It's different from the comic. For some people, that's all it takes.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    Most of the criticism regarding the DCEU is based only on that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

WB has only gone into "panic mode" with expensive blockbusters like BvS, JL, and Suicide Squad. Birds of Prey has a budget similar to Shazam, maybe less. It doesn't have to make Suicide Squad money to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Affleck is out. Gunn’s tweets were decades old and he repeatedly apologized for them. Leto isn’t slated to make any more appearances and I would not be surprised if the Joker role gets recast. Fair enough about Depp though. I doubt they’ll recast the role myself.
    My point is that Leto has had rumors of sex with underage girls swirling around him for over a decade, yet WB hired him. Even when he was sending co-stars on Suicide Squad condoms and pig heads, they still kept him on. Affleck was one of the first celebrities to be called out by the #MeToo movement, and yet he remained WB's Batman through JL. Remember, Affleck put WB through waiting game on whether he'd come back as Batman after rehab.

So, I don't see why Amber Heard should loser her job because she got into fights with her ex-husband (who's also getting a second chance in a big franchise).

Gunn and Disney apparently made up. He’s directing GotG 3 after Suicide Squad.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    At one time I would have agreed, but looking at where we're at now and the end results of the planned MOS-BvS-JL arc (and the scrapped take, which doesn't sound too much better), I have to disagree that changes are the ONLY valid criticism at this point. WW and Aquaman made some changes and they were still hits.

I think BOP could be great, but with Barbara's absence, too much Harley and mob enforcer Helena Bertinelli...I'm not 100% sure about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I think there is a subtle difference between "Supermans suit could be of a slightly other blue tone and he should smile more" in all movies he appeared in and "Who the F are these people!? (and thats even after getting told the who is who)" in BoP.

I don't think Birds of Prey is that big of a deal for Warner Bros. It seems more like a vanity project for Margot Robbie. WB lets her be off doing her own little movie so they can keep her happy and she sticks around for bigger
    things with the studio. Plus the movie isn't going to cost much to make so it doesn't need to make much money. Even if it bombs, not a big deal. The Suicide Squad and having Robbie in it is probably more important for WB.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think BOP could be great, but with Barbara's absence, too much Harley and mob enforcer Helena Bertinelli...I'm not 100% sure about that one.
    I think BoP might be mildly successful...but not for being a BoP movie.